• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday Week 13: Senior Day Sunshine State Showdown

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I'm so fucking mad right now....Its not so much that we lost but the lack of offensive competitiveness they show. Enough of this recruit shit. They may not be potential NFL players but for goodness sake these aint exactly the left overs from recruiting classes. Now we get to hear Mac make excuses for Harris. Does this sound familiar Driskel Muschamp.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
We are by far the worse 10-2 team I've ever seen. I think coach Mac is a good coach but lets settle down a little cause he really has not proved shit. He got really lucky that the east is absolutely garbage including Florida. Lets not act like he has turned this program just yet. Hes got a lot more to prove.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a horrible mess--and a stinking pile of doo doo too (oh, that's fun to say: "...doo doo too..." OK, liquid refreshment doin more than "numbing me" now...
Well, season OVER--never MIND small "details" like the SEC Championship, and so on. And E--: Ya think maybe MY original title for what became this thread, "We're Screwed" mighta been the more apt one after all?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are by far the worse 10-2 team I've ever seen. I think coach Mac is a good coach but lets settle down a little cause he really has not proved shit. He got really lucky that the east is absolutely garbage including Florida. Lets not act like he has turned this program just yet. Hes got a lot more to prove.
I know you're more reserved and "wait'n'see" re Mac, @Ufgatorfan, --and you have reason to feel that way,too...But I'm REALLY hoping we're right in the general feeling that "we got the right guy THIS time", man.
Only time will tell-- Time, and first week in Feb., on NSD.
But we are pretty well screwed going INTO the 2016 season regardless--and how BAD it'll be will depend on what our coaches accomplish in the incoming class of recruits. I am NOT so concerned how "high" they're rated, but rather if they actually seem to be addressing our many NEEDS, and doing so to THEIR seeming satisfaction. In fact, given all the busts we've had over recent years at QB, for example, I actually hope I can reserve judgement until we can see them at the very least already working with our team well into the Spring. "Conventional wisdom" and "highly ranked classes" haven't exactly shown well on the field of late, least not for us. No surprise there, if ya think about it: the "rankers" are the same idiots and blow-hards whose voices endlessly spew from the speaker boxes of our televisions and radios.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Ok so I do apologize for some of the crazy things I said.....I was really frustrated and maybe a little tipsy. My frustrations come from the fact that coach Mac makes crazy comments about this sputtering offense then says well get better next week and says these kids found another way to win and thats something. That kinda of talk is 100% bullshit. Its like he wasnt too concerned and did a 100 degree spin on every game after the LSU game. Despite when he said well get better, the fact is they got worse. Im a big Mac fan but Id rather see him get pissed like when he yelled at Taylor and tell it like it is. He needs to get mad at the fact that Harris played bad, our line is awful, and there is really need to practice Hardin on FG. He has 100% lost it mentally. There is no way we deserve to be 10-1. He needs to get on Collins for the bone head defensive penalties. I really dont see much difference in discipline in this team then a Muschamp coached. Again its not about the losses its more about the fact that we are not getting better week to week and our coach seems to just sit back and comment about the stadium and food. He really needs a reality check.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Ok so I do apologize for some of the crazy things I said.....I was really frustrated and maybe a little tipsy. My frustrations come from the fact that coach Mac makes crazy comments about this sputtering offense then says well get better next week and says these kids found another way to win and thats something. That kinda of talk is 100% bullshit. Its like he wasnt too concerned and did a 100 degree spin on every game after the LSU game. Despite when he said well get better, the fact is they got worse. Im a big Mac fan but Id rather see him get pissed like when he yelled at Taylor and tell it like it is. He needs to get mad at the fact that Harris played bad, our line is awful, and there is really need to practice Hardin on FG. He has 100% lost it mentally. There is no way we deserve to be 10-1. He needs to get on Collins for the bone head defensive penalties. I really dont see much difference in discipline in this team then a Muschamp coached. Again its not about the losses its more about the fact that we are not getting better week to week and our coach seems to just sit back and comment about the stadium and food. He really needs a reality check.

10-2, 10-2. Also it going to be 1999 bad.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Agree that Coach Mac can be a little sarcastic. But, gotta remember what we expected at the start of the year. This team overachieved (partly because of the weakness of the SEC East this year). The team we see on the field is a product of Mushie's inability to evaluate offensive talent and lack of depth. Hardin is just a head case.
So, as all good Gators know...."Wait 'till next year.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Note to Mac and Co.:
There ARE things to be learned from this whole "slow death fiasco"--I feel most of them could have, SHOULD have been learned and acted upon before last night's game (will talk about that elsewhere), but here's your bottom line, Coaches:
Shut up.
Hunker down.
Ace "Recruiting 101".
Clean house and start building a PROPER TEAM that reflects who y'all are, who and what you want us to be.
Then everyone works. Harder than ever. And you stand or fall based on the RESULTS.

(...and @Ufgatorfan, : You have nothing to apologize for. Horrible, frustrating experience, last night's game--and all the worse 'cause we could all see it coming last few weeks, like a car-crash in slow motion. Never mind that "10-and-2" illusion--like a Big Tease, that only makes it all worse. I mean, how often will a team even find itself in the position we were in--end of season with "our fate in our own hands"? Then we have to watch as our true impotence is revealed, long seen by us but nothing done to change it? So we have to sit by while the world sees all of it, shakes their heads and laughingly, deriseively reaches out, and turns "Thumbs Down".
And who can argue? Sorry, but our Coaching staff might as well have just conceded this and the SEC Championship games, just made arrangements for whatever "Meaningless Consolation Bowl For Undeserving Big Time Programs" we now slot into--and I suppose be "happy" we get those extra weeks of practice this year to (hopefully) start working seriously with whatever promising underclassmen are on our roster. Far as I can see, Treon is no more than a "practice body playing the ROLE of the QB" in those practices--in fact, from now on in every way, seems to me. Barring unforeseen disaster, he should never start for us again.
I'm not even completely convinced Grier is our "QB of the future", btw. We only really had a game-and-a-half to see him in the undisputed "starter role". Lesser programs than ours, facing their own such crises, have been pulling starting QBs out their ASSES repeatedly this season, have ya noticed? REALLY stupid part is HALF OF 'EM COME FROM FLA.!!! Again: To HELL with "media rankings", "multi-starred athletes", Phil Steele and all the rest...DO YOUR HOMEWORK, GET OUT THERE--See 'em play, TALK to 'em. Too many good ones are getting by us. We're FLORIDA; WE should be the guys with 2 or 3 Florida native QBs waiting in the wings to step in and dazzle the world. Most of 'em woulda JUMPED at the chance had it been offered--but they were "off the radar"??? THAT is the REAL BS.
OK, now MY turn to apologize. Went off on my own rant. But is any of it wrong?)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Now that the alcohol and over-the-counter drugs have worn off:
  • Quarterback: One man can make a difference. With Will Grier at QB the Gators were a top 20 offense; with Treon Harris at QB we are a bottom 5 offense.
  • Perspective: The 2015 team overachieved and is still ahead of schedule. I predicted this team to be 7-5 at this point and begging for a bowl game. Nobody on earth predicted this team would be 10-2 and the SEC East champions.
  • Injuries: I do not believe in luck, but the 2015 Gators were "lucky" that they managed to get through 8 or 9 games without major injuries.
  • Recruiting: Remember that only a few of the studs on this team were recruited by Jim McElwain--Cece Jefferson, Martez Ivey, and Antonio Calloway. The players we are yelling at the most are Muschamp recruits. At tonight's Senior Day, we said goodbye to 10 players recruited by coaches that are long since gone: Dan Quinn, Bryant Young, Brent Pease, DJ Durkin, Brent Pease, Travaris Robinson, Aubrey Hill, Charlie Weis, Derek Lewis, and Frank Verducci. None of those recruiters have recruited anyone worth a darn, except Dan Quinn.
  • Outlook: This team has no shot at beating Alabama, and may not have a shot at winning its bowl game. We have Luke Del Rio, one or two freshman QBs, and Treon Harris to compete for the starting job in the first half of next season. Unless one of those freshmen QBs is Felipe Franks or some TBD steal on National Signing Day, the Gators will not look good in the first half of next season, but it should flip the script on 2015 by coming in strong in the second half of the season with Will Grier back under center.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
@Escambia94 Guessing you don't have much faith in Jack's son or Franks if he comes here. Also Mark Richt is leaving, so that's three SEC east teams needing new coaches. So now Coach Mac and company needs to out recruiting UT and most of the SEC schools.

Escambia94

@Escambia94 Guessing you don't have much faith in Jack's son or Franks if he comes here. Also Mark Richt is leaving, so that's three SEC east teams needing new coaches. So now Coach Mac and company needs to out recruiting UT and most of the SEC schools.

I do not know enough about Del Rio, other than the fact that he transferred to what seems like 500 different schools between Alabama, Oregon State, and Florida. If Mac does not get Franks, then he needs to poach the Georgia QB commit.

Escambia94

The Gator coaches spun a negative into a positive and grabbed three new recruits:
  1. WR Dre Massey 6-0 185 Holmes Comminity College, Goodman MS. 3*
    11.29.2015 Commitment.
  2. OL Jawaan Taylor 6-5 350 Cocoa High School, Cocoa FL. 3*
    11.29.2015 Commitment.
  3. QB Feleipe Franks 6-6 220 Wakulla High School, Crawfordville FL. 4*
    11.29.2015 Commitment.

Escambia94

I want to add that Felipe Franks is playing in his HS Playoff Semifinal this week.

We may have ourselves a rising star.
He is a stud! He also plays baseball. The main reason he committed to LSU was to play two sports. Do not be surprised if he plays two sports here.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Now Franks is having second thoughts because the 5* Georgia commit is visiting Florida. And word is that he's not flipping and will stay with the Dawgs.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Now Franks is having second thoughts because the 5* Georgia commit is visiting Florida. And word is that he's not flipping and will stay with the Dawgs.

That's always the danger of recruiting multiple players in the same position especially at quarterback. Hope they convince Franks to stay since it sounds like Eason is staying on UGA. Also looks like UGA hired Kirby Smart.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema