• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Gators at Seminoles Saturday, Nov.24 (@Doak/Campbell--Tallahassee)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Game notes from GatorZone:
  • No. 6/6 Florida (10-1, 7-1 SEC) will travel toTallahassee for a top-10 matchup against the No. 10/5 Florida State Seminoles (10-1,7-1 ACC).
  • For the third time this season, the Gators will be facing a top-10 opponent and fifth ranked opponent overall. It is the first time since 2005 that UF has faced three top-10 teams in the regular season.The last timethat the Gators defeated three top-10 teams in theregular season was 1997 (beat No. 4Tennessee, No.6 Auburn, No.2 FloridaSt.).
  • This week’s meeting will mark the 57th meeting all-time in the series between the two schools. UF holds a 33-21-2 edge in the overall series, including a 12-11-1 record in Tallahassee. UF and FSU have faced each other in the regular season finale each year since 1980. (In 2001, games of Sept. 11 were postponed until the week following the endof the regular season.)
Summary of last year's game:
2011 | Florida State 21, FLORIDA 7
(Gainesville) In oneof the strangestgames in series history, both defenses dominated the game. Florida limited Florida St. to just 95 total yards of offense,but the FSU defense picked off four passes. All 21 of the Seminoles’ points were the result of Florida turnovers, two interceptions led to short touchdown drives and a third was returned for a score. Jacoby Brissett connected on a 6-yardtouchdown pass to Quinton Dunbar in the fourth quarter for the Gators’ lone points.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, as they're discussing on 850am, with FSU playing so much man-to-man and chasing our receivers downfield with their backs away-from-the-play, JD will have plenty of opportunities to pull it down and run with it: Gotta hope his ankle IS (at least MOSTLY) healthy and he can get up-the-field with the kind of unhesitating giddeyup he's shown before the injury--that the WHOLE TEAM showed up until Georgia (and even for UGA, we were "UP", maybe TOO up, so much so that we stumbled, bumbled and FUMBLED our way right through to the end, where our mounting mistakes ultimately BEAT OURSELVES). I HATE finding myself dwelling on this AGAIN, but if we can just play within ourselves, do the things we KNOW we do well (for eg. like turn-over differential, which we have the advantage this time--a BIG turn-around from last year--and in the KICKING game, where we excel in punting AND place-kicking...all-in-all, we COULD have a BIG field-position advantage) and our "guys in the trenches" can once more just "hold up their end", well, all logic on "match-ups" and "point-spreads" HAS to go out the window--right along with all this OTHER stuff I'm muttering about here, I guess...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Game notes from GatorZone:

Summary of last year's game:
Again--It is tempting to ignore our own caveat ("To HELL with Logic...") and in this case remember that this Mole-team hasn't faced much in the way of REAL competition in that "Clear your throat"-Conference (THINK about it--or better yet, read the anagram OUT LOUD) they play in, and hasn't faced a defense like OURS (and one whose stats are legitimately derived in a REAL Conference, against competition from (as per NCAA's own rankings) "The Toughest Regular Season Schedule in the Nation"...By that reckoning, we have been "playing DOWN to" our recent competition, and the question becomes the one that I have been voicing MY pessimism for since October:
"Can this offense expect to just 'flip the switch' NOW, and get things done against a defense that, even if over-rated against inferior competition, is no-slouch itself, and won't be making ANYTHING easy for us today?"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I KNOW there are several good friends, all Gators around the country, who have promised to tune in and join us today, if they can--it may be too early to give a "shout out" to 'em (?)...Will they actually join in discussion? Apparently, we get a LOT of "guests" who FOLLOW us here but do not join IN, as they are welcome to DO...and some of THOSE are folks I KNOW, it turns out! So "C'MON People!"...It really IS "more the merrier" and/or "misery loves company" here at GE on GameDay, so "Let it OUT!" (Boni, for eg., this means YOU--All those home games I dragged you to, PLUS all the intervening seasons make you as much an expert as anyone!) I'll try to remember to make this plea again to ALL later on--though no guarantees once we get INTO this thing...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I just found out that a bunch of Gators are thinking about going to the USC-ND game at the Coliseum if the Gators win. Tempting.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just found out that a bunch of Gators are thinking about going to the USC-ND game at the Coliseum if the Gators win. Tempting.
I know how tempting I'D find it if I were out there--but let's talk AFTER this one...
(Btw, here on ABC-with-the-sound-off I am studiously ignoring the interviews with the "Eyeball-Suckers"--you gotta KNOW that "Life-long, Born-in-Ohio, Bleeds-um, what is it this week?-oh-yeah-Silver&Red-Greater-Urban-Columbus-Liar" will soon be on-camera, "his" team having just BARELY beaten another "dominant" 6-and-4 team, TTUN--the Associated Press deserves their coming college football ignominy for continuing its effort to further distinguish itself from the BCS by including known-CHEATERS in THEIR ranking system)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ok--Nat'l Anthem before KO...Did you hear that thing about it being "a much faster track", the field at Doak being "in MUCH better shape than 2 years ago"? Not surprising when they no doubt think that whatever gives their offense a better chance is better for their chances at winning.
Blackledge is yapping with the sound off on ABC...what a TOOL...Oh YIKES I just HATE it--all those silent "chops"--BUT I'M NOT hearing the "chant" hardly thru' the radio transmission, thankfully...HERE COME THE GATORS!
(Aw Sh*t, NOW I'm hearing it....) F*ck it--Eat 'em UP, guys! GO GATORS!!!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--I wish it were different, but we get the ball first upon losing the toss, right?
Here we go...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice play by Hines--quick throw...stil hurting from that near-miss to Hammond, tho'
--Now we're starting to move the ball with balance, but I believe we MUST hit from out here!
Dunbar may have come BACK from the 1st down there...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure enough-NOT a 1st down after he came BACK...This is where they worry me...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--But NEXT time they find themselves 3rd and 1"--GO FOR THE TD!!!
Nice quick-slant! Great catch! And a 1st down here again...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema