• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week 10: Homecoming Mission to Clinch the SEC East

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do y'all believe this??? We are getting screwed in the Swamp AGAIN. Sack. Two more plays. Again.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Lucky is all I got to say. No way this should of been close. Total let down both players and coaches. Bad 4th down calls, poor offensive game plan and Harris is just awful at times. SC might give us a beat down. This by far is the worst overall coaching ive seen from Jim and his crew. Reffs didnt help much with some bad calls in my opinion but you should never let the reffs determine the game. A win is a win I guess but we are no where near as good as Alabama or LSU at this point.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gator ball. Well, we are gonna win this after all. Looked like TOTAL SH*T. But we win it, 9-to-7. Yikes. But we are about to be East Champs in the SEC, in spite of it all. It couldn't BE any uglier, OUR D shoulda shut them out (go back, see the replay of their TD run: doesn't happen without big help from the ref, "threw" the key "block"!), but at the very end, the kicker who put us at risk kicks the winner...and who else should it have BEEN? Well, I doubt we stay in the "Top 10" of the playoff-rankings--but (1) We found a way to WIN, damnit, on our worst day, no SH*T!, and (2) Win out, including FSU and the SEC Championship, and that won't matter (however unlikely that may seem after what we just saw). But that may ultimately be what really sets this team apart from ANYTHING we saw under Muschamp: That they DIDN'T quit, kept picking themselves up and coming back, as individuals (eg. Hardin!) AND as a team.
(Once again, can only imagine what we might be if Treon could just settle down and manage "passable", what we MIGHT have accomplished with Grier--and how BADLY we need to bring in more talent, a LOT more talent in SOMEONE new at the QB position...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't argue with anything you say, @Ufgatorfan, . Worst I've seen us in a LONG time--yet somehow, we win it. Mac's on now (radio)...He APOLOGIZES for overall play--Then moves on to compliment his team, even as he concedes they "might not have DESERVED to win", but " these sorts of games happen, team finds ways to win when on a CHAMPIONSHIP RUN..." Whew
I am just wrung out. We were in control in the first half, just kept screwong up at EXACT wrong time. We just STUNK in 2nd half, but found way to come THRU when it mattered at end. Weird, but we'll take it, right. Meanwhile, Mac's taking on every question, answering forthrightly. I LIKE this guy. Really like how he gives it straight, but doesn't take anything out on the people ASKING those qs (unlike some other coaches we've seen/heard lately).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
A win is a win. That was the ugliest game I have seen in a long time, and I do blame the referees--although injuries on the offensive line also hurt. The plan was to step on the gas right out of the gate and score, and they did score only to have the referees blow the call. Maybe I can give the refs the CeCe Jefferson call, but that Brandon Powell call just deflated the offense for the rest of the game. Trust me, guys, when the offensive line is back at 100% the Gators will look a lot better. I counted 7 times when Mason Halter or another offensive lineman was planted on his rear end by the opposing defense. That is 7 snaps where Treon Harris had the opposing defense on his lap.

Treon's numbers: 12/24 158 0 1. Let's look at that play-by-play.

• 2nd and Goal at VAN 5 (13:24 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Brandon Powell
    • This should have been a TD. The refs blew this call, and it affected the Gators the rest of the game.
  • 3rd and Goal at VAN 5 (13:19 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Valdez Showers
    • See above
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 41 (8:38 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Chris Thompson
    • Thompson could have caught this with two hands, but he opted to try for the one hand catch
    2nd and 10 at VAN 41 (8:29 - 1st) Treon Harris pass complete to DeAndre Goolsby for 24 yds to the Vandy 17 for a 1ST down
    • This was Goolsby's last catch of the game! WTF?
  • 3rd and 6 at VAN 13 (6:51 - 1st) Treon Harris run for 10 yds to the Vandy 3 for a 1ST down
    • Good play by Harris to extend the play with his feet
  • 1st and Goal at VAN 3 (6:16 - 1st) Kelvin Taylor run for 3 yds for a TD (Neil MacInnes PAT MISSED)
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 15 (2:57 - 1st) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 9 yds to the Fla 24
    • Good pitch and catch by T3 and DRob.
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 31 (1:10 - 1st) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 36 yds to the Vandy 33 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 33 (0:38 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Antonio Callaway
    • Meh. Catchable ball.
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 45 (12:34 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Antonio Callaway for 11 yds to the Vandy 34 for a 1ST down
    • Good play!
  • 2nd and 13 at VAN 37 (10:57 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Brandon Powell
    • Meh.
  • 3rd and 13 at VAN 37 (10:45 - 2nd) Treon Harris run for 19 yds to the Vandy 18 Treon Harris fumbled, forced by Landon Stokes, recovered by Vandy Zach Cunningham
    • Sigh. This was a good run, but T3 was careless with the ball.
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 43 (7:08 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 4 yds to the Fla 47
    • Good play
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 36 (3:17 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass incomplete
    • No idea who he was targeting.
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 48 (1:56 - 2nd) Demarcus Robinson pass incomplete to Treon Harris
    • Dangerous pass, but I like that they tried
  • 3rd and 5 at VAN 47 (1:35 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 4 yds to the Vandy 43
  • 4th and 1 at VAN 43 (0:59 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass intercepted Ryan White return for no gain to the Vandy 26
    • These kind of throws will kill Florida against better defenses
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 25 (0:44 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 13 yds to the Fla 38 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 38 (0:35 - 2nd) Treon Harris run for 2 yds to the Fla 40
  • 2nd and 8 at FLA 40 (0:31 - 2nd) Treon Harris sacked by Torey Agee for a loss of 2 yards to the Fla 38
  • (0:31 - 2nd) Timeout FLORIDA, clock 00:31
  • 3rd and 10 at FLA 38 (0:23 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass incomplete
  • 2nd and 10 at VAN 46 (11:49 - 3rd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Valdez Showers
  • 3rd and 10 at VAN 46 (11:10 - 3rd) Treon Harris sacked by Nehemiah Mitchell for a loss of 5 yards to the Fla 49
    • The offensive line needs to pick up these defenders
  • 3rd and 7 at VAN 44 (6:19 - 3rd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Antonio Callaway
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 46 (1:32 - 3rd) Treon Harris sacked by Zach Cunningham for a loss of 6 yards to the Fla 40
    • The offensive line was blown up at the point of attack
  • 3rd and 31 at FLA 25 (0:30 - 3rd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Antonio Callaway
  • 2nd and 9 at FLA 32 (13:44 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 18 yds to the 50 yard line for a 1ST down
  • 2nd and 8 at VAN 48 (12:30 - 4th) Treon Harris run for 12 yds to the Vandy 36 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 36 (11:46 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Brandon Powell for 17 yds to the Vandy 19 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 19 (11:14 - 4th) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Chris Thompson
  • 2nd and 10 at VAN 19 (11:06 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 7 yds Demarcus Robinson fumbled, forced by Jay Woods, recovered by Vandy Zach Cunningham at Vandy 12
    • We all saw this coming. DRob has a bad habit of leaving this ball hanging low.
  • 2nd and 7 at VAN 42 (4:52 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 8 yds to the Vandy 34 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 34 (4:14 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 7 yds to the Vandy 27
Treon was sacked 4 times, hurried another 4 times. With a better offensive line with Martez Ivey, Treon could have completed 4 more passes (50% of the 8 passes where he was hurried or sacked).

Escambia94

On a related note, what did everyone think of the helmets?
CTPSFV_WcAASGrl.jpg:large

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
Yeah, thanks to porous O-line Treon was on-the-run all game, and after awhile he returned to those "happy feet" that are the enemy of any QB trying to throw, even when they GET time...Mac made sure the reporters noted that (the "porous line giving him no time"-part, that is). But Mac also HAD to see what we all saw out there today: Our QB has DEvolved the last coupla games. I'm not ready to say its hopeless--he led a number of (albeit abortive) decent drives today, and looked better than ever early on, but overall, he did not look good when the chips were down. GOTTA hope he shows more against the Gamecocks, or things won't likely "turn out ok" again.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
On a related note, what did everyone think of the helmets?
CTPSFV_WcAASGrl.jpg:large
Big "F" is sorta "modern take on old school", but that gets cancelled out by more familiar script on other side. I don't hate it--but I'm not a big fan if it's for more than 1 game. Even less the orange tops that apparently go with 'em. Y'all must know by now how much I DON'T like orange jerseys. They were the "big change" brought in with Charlie Pell when he arrived from Clemson--along with that 0-10-and-1 season. First thing Galen Hall did was switch back to Royal Gator Blue home jersies when HE took over--and say what you will about his tenure and its consequences, that IS when we started to reel off high win/loss ratios. No, personally I can live with temporary changes, even with orange jersies I spose--long as it's just here and there, and we quickly return to our familiar uniform and matching Gator-script orange helmets.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
A win is a win. That was the ugliest game I have seen in a long time, and I do blame the referees--although injuries on the offensive line also hurt. The plan was to step on the gas right out of the gate and score, and they did score only to have the referees blow the call. Maybe I can give the refs the CeCe Jefferson call, but that Brandon Powell call just deflated the offense for the rest of the game. Trust me, guys, when the offensive line is back at 100% the Gators will look a lot better. I counted 7 times when Mason Halter or another offensive lineman was planted on his rear end by the opposing defense. That is 7 snaps where Treon Harris had the opposing defense on his lap.

Treon's numbers: 12/24 158 0 1. Let's look at that play-by-play.

• 2nd and Goal at VAN 5 (13:24 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Brandon Powell
    • This should have been a TD. The refs blew this call, and it affected the Gators the rest of the game.
  • 3rd and Goal at VAN 5 (13:19 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Valdez Showers
    • See above
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 41 (8:38 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Chris Thompson
    • Thompson could have caught this with two hands, but he opted to try for the one hand catch
    2nd and 10 at VAN 41 (8:29 - 1st) Treon Harris pass complete to DeAndre Goolsby for 24 yds to the Vandy 17 for a 1ST down
    • This was Goolsby's last catch of the game! WTF?
  • 3rd and 6 at VAN 13 (6:51 - 1st) Treon Harris run for 10 yds to the Vandy 3 for a 1ST down
    • Good play by Harris to extend the play with his feet
  • 1st and Goal at VAN 3 (6:16 - 1st) Kelvin Taylor run for 3 yds for a TD (Neil MacInnes PAT MISSED)
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 15 (2:57 - 1st) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 9 yds to the Fla 24
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 31 (1:10 - 1st) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 36 yds to the Vandy 33 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 33 (0:38 - 1st) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Antonio Callaway
    • Meh. Catchable ball.
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 45 (12:34 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Antonio Callaway for 11 yds to the Vandy 34 for a 1ST down
    • Good play!
  • 2nd and 13 at VAN 37 (10:57 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Brandon Powell
    • Meh.
  • 3rd and 13 at VAN 37 (10:45 - 2nd) Treon Harris run for 19 yds to the Vandy 18 Treon Harris fumbled, forced by Landon Stokes, recovered by Vandy Zach Cunningham
    • Sigh. This was a good run, but T3 was careless with the ball.
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 43 (7:08 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 4 yds to the Fla 47
    • Good play
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 36 (3:17 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass incomplete
    • No idea who he was targeting.
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 48 (1:56 - 2nd) Demarcus Robinson pass incomplete to Treon Harris
    • Dangerous pass, but I like that they tried
  • 3rd and 5 at VAN 47 (1:35 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 4 yds to the Vandy 43
  • 4th and 1 at VAN 43 (0:59 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass intercepted Ryan White return for no gain to the Vandy 26
    • These kind of throws will kill Florida against better defenses
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 25 (0:44 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 13 yds to the Fla 38 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 38 (0:35 - 2nd) Treon Harris run for 2 yds to the Fla 40
  • 2nd and 8 at FLA 40 (0:31 - 2nd) Treon Harris sacked by Torey Agee for a loss of 2 yards to the Fla 38
  • (0:31 - 2nd) Timeout FLORIDA, clock 00:31
  • 3rd and 10 at FLA 38 (0:23 - 2nd) Treon Harris pass incomplete
  • 2nd and 10 at VAN 46 (11:49 - 3rd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Valdez Showers
  • 3rd and 10 at VAN 46 (11:10 - 3rd) Treon Harris sacked by Nehemiah Mitchell for a loss of 5 yards to the Fla 49
    • The offensive line needs to pick up these defenders
  • 3rd and 7 at VAN 44 (6:19 - 3rd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Antonio Callaway
  • 1st and 10 at FLA 46 (1:32 - 3rd) Treon Harris sacked by Zach Cunningham for a loss of 6 yards to the Fla 40
    • The offensive line was blown up at the point of attack
  • 3rd and 31 at FLA 25 (0:30 - 3rd) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Antonio Callaway
  • 2nd and 9 at FLA 32 (13:44 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 18 yds to the 50 yard line for a 1ST down
  • 2nd and 8 at VAN 48 (12:30 - 4th) Treon Harris run for 12 yds to the Vandy 36 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 36 (11:46 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Brandon Powell for 17 yds to the Vandy 19 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 19 (11:14 - 4th) Treon Harris pass incomplete to Chris Thompson
  • 2nd and 10 at VAN 19 (11:06 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 7 yds Demarcus Robinson fumbled, forced by Jay Woods, recovered by Vandy Zach Cunningham at Vandy 12
    • We all saw this coming. DRob has a bad habit of leaving this ball hanging low.
  • 2nd and 7 at VAN 42 (4:52 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 8 yds to the Vandy 34 for a 1ST down
  • 1st and 10 at VAN 34 (4:14 - 4th) Treon Harris pass complete to Demarcus Robinson for 7 yds to the Vandy 27
Treon was sacked 4 times, hurried another 4 times. With a better offensive line with Martez Ivey, Treon could have completed 4 more passes (50% of the 8 passes where he was hurried or sacked).
He DID suck it up, play better and get the job (barely) done when it REALLY counted, when EVERYTHING was on the line at the end. Seemed to relax again, play more like he did at start, checked down, made right choices and decent throws. But 2nd, 3rd and large portion of 4th qrtr he was the very embodiment of UF futility on offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
God, that was bad. I hadn't forgotten how putrid our O looked most of first coupla games--and this was a return to that, and WORSE, most of the way.
But we WON. STILL not sure how--except we WERE the better team. But that seldom matters when you have a game like this one. If this really IS "a different kinda team altogether" now, well, that's gotta be some strong evidence, that we somehow WON ANYWAY!

awebbf5

VIP Member
We're 8-1 so I'm happy. But treon is going to have to get better and I hope this game brought our team back to reality. Hope lsu wins tonight and we get them in the championship game, because I believe if we win out and was to beat them and avenge our only loss, there is no way they can keep us out of the playoff. Now I'm not saying all that will happen, but a guy can dream can't he????

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We're 8-1 so I'm happy. But treon is going to have to get better and I hope this game brought our team back to reality. Hope lsu wins tonight and we get them in the championship game, because I believe if we win out and was to beat them and avenge our only loss, there is no way they can keep us out of the playoff. Now I'm not saying all that will happen, but a guy can dream can't he????
I'm with you all the way--but had basically stopped thinking along those lines by the half. Well, put such thinking on "hold" for now, for SURE. I mean, we dominated from practically the start of the game until the very last play--but somehow needed our KICKER, of all people, to bail us out at the end. Well, that "somehow" was pretty straightforward: Our "thin O-line" finally broke, just couldn't absorb TWO losses, our (essentially ONLY) QB back-slid to mediocre-as-ever, and we had almost as many turn-overs in one game as we'd had the previous 8--every one of 'em at crucial points in long drives deep into Commodore territory. Otherwise maybe we not just win, but put it away fairly early.
Don't know WHAT to make of this Gator team at this point, after one too many (and this one all too extreme) poor showings by our offense. But we did WIN--and as I say, maybe that IS what sets this team apart: They keep picking themselves up and coming back at you, no matter how poorly things have gone until then.
And that kind of resiliency matters. Or it might if they can finally get untracked and and begin to hold up SOME of their end of things on offense.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm happy that the Gators won but they need to do much better especially Treon. That's not going to cut it against South Carolina, FSU, and whoever us the SEC West champ. Heck, it may not cut it against FAU. That should have been a Touchdown, does the SEC still have it out for the Gators? Also about those helmets, either both sides should have a "F" or "Gators" not one with the "F" and the other side "Gators".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Btw, FSU is NOT handling its business late against Clemsen--Down 3, they COULDN'T make the crucial "last 12 inches" for a first down on a late drive in TWO tries...Damn, this 'Mole team is beatable by our "on a GOOD day against BETTER competition"-version (as opposed to our "stink it up against so-so or worse" performances). Looks like we'll be their "consolation": If we DO win out before then, their main satisfaction will be in ruining OUR hopes, if poss--more than enough motivation, at that point
(Yup, Tigers drive it in on em--rather easily, too...Up 2 scores now, with under 3 min left.) Not sure THIS Criminole team could do even what WE did, come back down a fg or less, let alone make up 10 from here. Well, is what it is. Just worry bout ourselves from here on out--that was gonna be MY inclination anyway, no matter what. Just take care of our own deal, whatever it is, against whomever is scheduled and or earns their place across the field from us.
Now they burn the last of the clock.
Guess that makes Clemsen the SECOND team to clinch a spot in a P5 Conference Championship now...

Escambia94

My thoughts: we are undefeated in the white helmets! Speaking of the white helmets, I like the idea of wearing them for homecoming, but that is about it. Maybe on Salute Those Who Serve Day the Gators can wear orange and blue camouflage trim, but that is about it as far as uniform changes. I am glad that the Gators did not put the Speed F on both sides. I actually like the orange jerseys, since our school colors are orange and blue, not blue and orange.

On a related note, I watched the Half-Ass U loss to Clemson. Today was a good day, since the Seminals lost and the Gators won, but I do worry that Treon has regressed to being a sub-50% passer. He needs to get better quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema