• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Game 2, Sat. Sept 8 @ Kyle Field, College Station

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I'm happy with Driskel . Our problem is consistency which we lack on both our d line and o line. No pressure what's so ever oh boy it's gonna b a long year

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Where is the Muschamp fire???? He was so passionate when he came to town and it doesn't make any sense that this passion doesn't transfer to the coaching staff and the players; we are soft
I agree--and wonder too: this team is soft, lackadaisical, often confused and has yet to play tough for a whole series this YEAR.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't think this is "Driskel's fault", but he hasn't done the things that were supposed to be his strong points either, as I outlined above. A certain amount of those "strengths" are intuitive, and if he can't settle in at some point here and just be a complete quarterback, as advertised, then maybe he's not "the guy", right? Someone needs to tell him, "Jeff, let it fly--it's now or NEVER, for you AND your team!"

awebbf5

VIP Member
I
I don't think this is "Driskel's fault", but he hasn't done the things that were supposed to be his strong points either, as I outlined above. A certain amount of those "strengths" are intuitive, and if he can't settle in at some point here and just be a complete quarterback, as advertised, then maybe he's not "the guy", right? Someone needs to tell him, "Jeff, let it fly--it's now or NEVER, for you AND your team!"
Think he's doing fine. Is he tebow no. But remember this is his first start

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Meanwhile, another wounded Gator...Evans and Jenkins on D, out for several games at LEAST, and on O Gilly who knows HOW long (we'll never get a straight story out of the coaches). He still gets some touches, but he's a different runner now.
Hey, again the obvious Q (as Driskel waits too long before breaking away--"Either throw-or-go, Jeff!!!"--and they get ANOTHER sack over our missing left tackle): Why all the cramps in a FLORIDA team, but not the Texas one?
Oh--and that failure to score a TD? Starting to look bigger and bigger; you watch, that's going to end up haunting us late somehow.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'll tell you this: I WAS a Driskel guy, but the kinds of mistakes he keeps repeating make me think he won't get things fixed today--and if he doesn't drive this team to a TD next possession I think you have to begin considering bringing in Brisset to try and win this thing with his arm in the 4th qrtr.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema