• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida-Tennessee

BeastLee26

Gator Fan
Hey guys... Im a Tennessee fan (just passin through) and I want to get Florida fans' opinion on the UF-UT rivalry... is it still a rivalry?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Always. The difference nowadays is that it is not as heated. Give it time. Dooley is a good coach. He has crappy luck, but he is a good coach. He will get UT up to the level where the rivalry will become fun again. I don't mind beating up on UT, but it's more fun demolishing them when they are ranked.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now that that twisted little jerk has returned to the Land of Phony Cheaters wence he came, we all can return to making this the rabid-but-honorable rivalry it has traditionally been.
I like beatin' y'all, it's true, but it's better for both of us, ALL of us when UT is strong and that third week in Sept. is "the big early-season match-up"--and THEN we beat you!

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
There is a handful of us that live here in Tennessee and we can definitely atest to the fact that it is still highly viewed as a rivalry. I love the week before the Florida Tennessee game. Listening to the Vol fans talk about how this is the year...Florida is down, we're gonna get 'em this time...and especially now with Meyer gone. Guy I work with can't wait for the season to start. He was rolling on the floor when we hired Muschamp. Now, I must admit, his enthusiasm has died since the rest of the staff took place.

But my point being, umm, not really sure what my point was any more, but just asking that question got me fired up and rambling...so yes...yes it is definitely still a relevant rivalry.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Always. The difference nowadays is that it is not as heated. Give it time. Dooley is a good coach. He has crappy luck, but he is a good coach. He will get UT up to the level where the rivalry will become fun again. I don't mind beating up on UT, but it's more fun demolishing them when they are ranked.

I want Dooley fire in a few years (upset about his dad UGA's team in the Gators way in the SEC). At least have him lose to the Gators all of time.

DunnellonDave

Gator Fan
I was born and raised in Tenn. To me, it and FSU are the two must win games to win. Even more so than Georgia. That way I can go another year without hearing my old comrades spewing off at the mouth. And that is exactly what Vols fans do....I have my 30 year reunion this year. This will make the 6th one we have had and it will be the 6 one I have worn a Gator shirt too. They all HATE me for it, but they have NOTHING to back it up with!:D

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was born and raised in Tenn. To me, it and FSU are the two must win games to win. Even more so than Georgia. That way I can go another year without hearing my old comrades spewing off at the mouth. And that is exactly what Vols fans do....I have my 30 year reunion this year. This will make the 6th one we have had and it will be the 6 one I have worn a Gator shirt too. They all HATE me for it, but they have NOTHING to back it up with!:D

You have our smiling support, DD--as I'm sure ALL here agree...for most of us, proximity and the Cocktail party put UGA in that mix, nuthin' need be said 'bout SOW (the less the better, far as I'm concerned), but 3rd Sat. in Sept, was, is and always will be big--and it IS when we find out "what we REALLY got this year". Of course, with "twisted troll" gone it did get a little harder to HATE the Vols quite as much as before--but I'm sure their fans' usual hostility and completely unfounded arrogance (not to mention endless repetition of that musical monstrosity "Rocky Top"!) will make up the slack in no time.

crmixon

Gator Fan
It won't be long until the UF vs UT game is the early season national championship again...with the winner having the inside track to the SEC title and the NC game.

I lived in TN for over 10 years and would have to say this is a huge deal on both sides. Huge but still honorable. Love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema