• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators vs. Charleston Southern Bucs

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Florida Gators kickoff the 2009 football season at home against the Charleston Southern Buccaneers tomorrow night in The Swamp. Gator fans have been patiently waiting all spring and summer for this day to come. The day when we get to see our beloved Gators run through the tunnel to 90,000 screaming fans. I can't promise the Bucs will give the Gators a good game, but the gameday experience won't disappoint.

Florida (among other schools) is known for scheduling easy opponents for the first two weeks of the season. This is mostly due to the fact that the SEC schedule is brutal compared to other conferences. Add in Florida State and an SEC Championship game and you're talking about a tough road to the BCS. So I don't fault Florida for their early schedule. It gets the starters some reps and gets the backups playing time. It helps the coaches see what they have in their players.

In the past three years, Florida has opened up with Hawaii (Gators won 56-10), Western Kentucky (Gators won 49-3) and in 2006 Southern Miss (Gators won 34-7). Early bookies had the Gators as 73 point favorites for tomorrows game. That's the most ridiculous spread I've ever heard. It wouldn't surprise me if the Gators covered, but I'd never bet on something like that.

I think with the starters only playing a half or so, the Gators will probably put up 63 points to Charleston Southern's 7. It'll be a blowout for sure. Expect Tebow to have a big first half and also look for Demps to show the coaches why he should be the starting running back from here on out. I think he'll bust a 60 yard touchdown run on the opening drive.

What are your predictions for the game?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema