• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators Coaching Staff Changes from 2023 to 2024

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here is the coaching staff with changes from last year.
NamePositionJoined staffChange
Billy Napier
Head coach​
Rob Sale
Offensive coordinator / offensive line​
Austin Armstrong
Defensive coordinator​
Sean Spencer
Co-defensive coordinator / defensive line​
- Fired at end of season
- Left to Texas A&M defensive line coach
- Replaced by Gerald Chatman​
Jabbar Juluke
Associate head coach (offense) / running backs​
Corey Raymond
Assistant head coach / secondary​
- Fired at end of season​
- Took job as​
LSU corner backs coach
- Replaced by Will Harris​
Jay Bateman
Assistant Coach/ Inside linebackers​
- Left to become​
Texas A&M as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach
- Replaced by Ron Roberts; added duties as executive head coach and co-defensive coordinator.​
Russ Callaway
Assistant Coach/ Tight ends
Co-Offensive Coordinator​
Added co-offensive coordinator duties​
Billy Gonzales
Assistant Coach/ Wide receivers​
Mike Peterson
Assistant Coach/ Edge​
Darnell Stapleton
Assistant Coach/ Offensive line​
- Left to become​
Washington Commanders assistant offensive line coach
- Replaced by Cleveland Browns offensive line coach Jonathan DeCoster​
Mark Hocke
Associate head coach / director of strength and conditioning​
Replaced by Tyler Miles; reassigned to strength and conditioning staff​

Other staff changes:
  • Mark Robinson hired as Chief of Staff after serving as Texas A&M Associate Athletic Director for Football since 2018.
  • Jake Sankal hired as Director of Football Nutrition and Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach after serving in a similar role for the Washington Redskins/ Commander since 2016.
  • Joe Houston hired as Special Teams Analyst after serving as assistant special teams coach for the New England Patriots since 2019.
  • John Donovan hired as Senior Offensive Analyst after serving in the same role for the Green Bay Packers since 2022.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So now we FINALLY begin to see our actual "hand being dealt".
All we can do from here for the most part is to sit back and watch what unfolds the first month or so of ongoing machinations and their practical consequences as the season begins and we witness actual game results.
Oh, there'll be all kinds of opportunities to analyze and evaluate what appears to be shaping up throughout spring and summer; Y'all are welcome to drive yerselves NUTS trying to do just that in the weeks and months ahead...
For myself, the general confusion the last year or two of Gator performance in particular, against the backdrop of self-destructive chaos that has characterized the NCAA's complete shirking of whatever power and responsibility it had left--indeed, the state of CFB, its honor and any remnant effort to look out for the young players who make it happen, or for that matter even the ILLUSION of any remaining integrity and/or responsibility has all been seemingly swept aside.
There will have to be a reckoning.
I have no idea or feeling for what it will be, WHATEVER form it will ultimately take.
Like everything else, for me at least it has come down to "Sit back, watch--and eventually judge⁷ and comment accordingly. Hopefully with a certain resulting amount of wisdom and perspective".
I cannot say I am particularly confident--in myself, my OWN growth and insight OR that of the public's longterm "sense of self" or, more importantly, "sense of self-AWARENESS".
But one way or another, it is all coming to a head:
Either something better emerges on the other SIDE of this "Crossroads Crisis", or what we'll be left with is something fundamentally, perhaps FATALLY DIMINISHED. Maybe BOTH.
Yeah; IMHO it is that big of a DEAL.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Florida is expected to hire Cleveland Browns offensive assistant Jonathan DeCoster as a co-offensive line coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema