• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dorian Munroe out for the year

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I agree.

Keep Haden at CB.

But I do believe that Wondy, despite what some may think, also has All-American potential at corner. He has the size, speed, talent, and cover skills. All he needed was the experience. He is still rather new to the game after coming here from Haiti. With him and Haden at CB, we should be fine there this season.

I do also believe we should be fine at Safety, believe it or not. I believe in Hill 100%, as long as him and Major stay healthy, we should be fine. I never had much confidence in Monroe. My deal with him was; if he is that good, why couldn't he start until this season? Clearly he should of been better than Kyle Jackson last season, right? Guess not.:confused0082:

I agree about Wondy. I see more potential in Haden. But Wondy and Haden together should make us pretty tough to throw against.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I completely agree about moving Cooper back to S. There was debate when he came in about which position he would play, and many argued he was better at S. Given our need there and how stacked we are at WR, he seems like the ideal candidate.

I don't think moving Haden would be smart at all. We need him at CB too bad. We would be better off moving someone like Cooper where we won't have a big dropoff at the player's current position if he switched.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I completely agree about moving Cooper back to S. There was debate when he came in about which position he would play, and many argued he was better at S. Given our need there and how stacked we are at WR, he seems like the ideal candidate.

I for one won't criticize Coach Meyer if he in fact does make this move. It may not sit well with other fans if he decides to do this just like his decision to move one of the Pouncey twins to the D-line ruffled some feathers, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Plus, Meyer knows what he's doing. My concerns about the thinness at safety arose after Finley was declared academically ineligible, and now that we've lost both Munroe and Curtis I'm even more concerned. Our depth at safety was an issue last year and it looks like more of the same this year.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I for one won't criticize Coach Meyer if he in fact does make this move. It may not sit well with other fans if he decides to do this just like his decision to move one of the Pouncey twins to the D-line ruffled some feathers, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Plus, Meyer knows what he's doing. My concerns about the thinness at safety arose after Finley was declared academically ineligible, and now that we've lost both Munroe and Curtis I'm even more concerned. Our depth at safety was an issue last year and it looks like more of the same this year.

We will be fine as long as Hill and Wright stay healthy.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I don't see that happening. He is just too small. The Thrill is the perfect fit for the free safety position. He will prove in practice he is plenty good enough to start at FS, and that will enable us to move Major to his true position, SS.

Black saw some playing time this spring in the O&B game, but I didn't really see anothing that stood out in his performance.

I for one hope Hill lives up to all the media-hype and will make an impact right away in the backfield.

Keep Haden at CB.

But I do believe that Wondy, despite what some may think, also has All-American potential at corner. He has the size, speed, talent, and cover skills. All he needed was the experience. He is still rather new to the game after coming here from Haiti. With him and Haden at CB, we should be fine there this season.

I coundn't agree here more.

At a time when we were thin at CB after losing our starters to the NFL draft and the loss of Avery Atkins, Coach Meyer moved Haden to that position and he's played very well there. Wondy got off to a slow start last year but steadily improved as well as Rickerson, and based on what I saw at the O&B game our play at the corners has improved - one thing I was really impressed with were the way they played double-coverage on receivers. We have some much-needed added depth going in to this fall, so indeed we should be fine there.

Dave82689

Gator Fan
yeah

hopefully our other backups stay healthy and we can have a good season this year, well what am i talking about every season is a good season with tebow

dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema