• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dorian Munroe out for the year

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I don't have an official link, but word is circulating that Dorian Munroe is out for the year. Supposedly he tore his ACL. This hurts our depth at safety pretty bad considering Hornsby is now off the team and Finley didn't qualify.

Not very good news. :(

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Right now we have Bryan Thomas, Will Hill, Ahmad Black and Major Wright. For a position that started out as a Major (pun intended) strength, we are really thin now at the safety position. I never liked Monroe in the first place much, but we certainly would of been better off with him than without him.

Will Hill will get every chance imaginable to prove he is ready to start as a true freshman at the FS position. He is certainly talented enough, but you can't always count on talent alone. Last year showed that. I think the other started besides Wright will come down to Black and Hill. Should be interesting.

(Note will also lost John Curtis -A safety- to season ending injury along with Monroe)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Looks like more playing time for the Thrill........

Definitely. No redshirt for sure now for Mr. Hill (I didn't think he would anyways). I want to go ahead and say he is the favorite for the FS job now, but with true freshman, you just NEVER KNOW. But to me, he is the next Eric Berry (UT). He is going to come in and pretty much dominate. He is that good.:D

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
So now we lost Munroe for the season. And we don't have Finley, because he couldn't keep his grades up. Now I definitely hope that Major Wright and Will Hill stay healthy. If one of them gets injured, we'll really be in trouble.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I think Ahmad Black will start with Hill getting playing time.

I don't see that happening. He is just too small. The Thrill is the perfect fit for the free safety position. He will prove in practice he is plenty good enough to start at FS, and that will enable us to move Major to his true position, SS.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I think the FS is more suited to a smaller player than the SS. I agree that Black will not start at FS, but I think it has nothing to do with his size.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I think the FS is more suited to a smaller player than the SS. I agree that Black will not start at FS, but I think it has nothing to do with his size.

That may be true but you have to realize that Hill is not only more talented, bigger, stronger, and faster, he is just flat out better. That will be proven sooner rather than later. I just don't see Meyer putting Black back there.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
That may be true but you have to realize that Hill is not only more talented, bigger, stronger, and faster, he is just flat out better. That will be proven sooner rather than later. I just don't see Meyer putting Black back there.

I agree. I don't think Black will start or see too much playing time. One of my earlier posts already stated that this meant more time for the Thrill.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So now we lost Munroe for the season. And we don't have Finley, because he couldn't keep his grades up. Now I definitely hope that Major Wright and Will Hill stay healthy. If one of them gets injured, we'll really be in trouble.

Agreed; this is the one position I'm really concerned about now. I do expect Coach Meyer to move some of his roster around to try and add some depth here given the circumstances.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Agreed; this is the one position I'm really concerned about now. I do expect Coach Meyer to move some of his roster around to try and add some depth here given the circumstances.

I KNOW he will. Wouldn't be opposed to him moving Riley Cooper back to S since we are so deep at WR and wouldn't miss him too much with so much talent at that position. He was All-State at WR and S his final two years of high school. Big hitter. Someone else I've heard mentioned who could possibly move to S is Joe Haden.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I KNOW he will. Wouldn't be opposed to him moving Riley Cooper back to S since we are so deep at WR and wouldn't miss him too much with so much talent at that position. He was All-State at WR and S his final two years of high school. Big hitter. Someone else I've heard mentioned who could possibly move to S is Joe Haden.

Cooper would be interesting at S. I think I'd rather keep Haden at CB. He has All-SEC potential as a corner.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Cooper would be interesting at S. I think I'd rather keep Haden at CB. He has All-SEC potential as a corner.

I agree.

Keep Haden at CB.

But I do believe that Wondy, despite what some may think, also has All-American potential at corner. He has the size, speed, talent, and cover skills. All he needed was the experience. He is still rather new to the game after coming here from Haiti. With him and Haden at CB, we should be fine there this season.

I do also believe we should be fine at Safety, believe it or not. I believe in Hill 100%, as long as him and Major stay healthy, we should be fine. I never had much confidence in Monroe. My deal with him was; if he is that good, why couldn't he start until this season? Clearly he should of been better than Kyle Jackson last season, right? Guess not.:confused0082:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I agree.

Keep Haden at CB.

But I do believe that Wondy, despite what some may think, also has All-American potential at corner. He has the size, speed, talent, and cover skills. All he needed was the experience. He is still rather new to the game after coming here from Haiti. With him and Haden at CB, we should be fine there this season.

I do also believe we should be fine at Safety, believe it or not. I believe in Hill 100%, as long as him and Major stay healthy, we should be fine. I never had much confidence in Monroe. My deal with him was; if he is that good, why couldn't he start until this season? Clearly he should of been better than Kyle Jackson last season, right? Guess not.:confused0082:

One of my concerns with Munroe was with his being penalized; when he first started seeing playing time he was also racking up the penalty yards.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
One of my concerns with Munroe was with his being penalized; when he first started seeing playing time he was also racking up the penalty yards.

That's one part of it. I just was never sold on the guy, but Meyer was for some reason. I truly believe Hill might of started at FS even if Monroe was healthy, if he ends up being what we all hope he is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema