• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

could it happen again?

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
The 2008 season coming up, could it be as screwed up this year as it was last year? Could Florida meet OSU for the national championship game again? I mean The Gators will have to work to get there, but as for OSU seeing they have all the media people obviously pulling for them to win a NC game, Like I said in a recent post, Ya think there picking OSU hopeing one of these days they'll actualy get it right? LOL, anyway, what chances do YOU think we could meet OSU in Title game? My opinion, I think we have a pretty good chance. what do you think? We have a tough schedule coming up, But we all know OSU's schedule is a patty cake one. whatcha think?

MICHIGAN! Man,you are insane! THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A QB RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

YOU OUTTA GO TO THE DOCTORS AND GET A CAT-SCAN GET THAT BRAIN CHECKED OUT! MICHIGAN WILL ONLY WIN 8 GAMES AND THATS BEING NICE!
THEY PLAY EASY TEAMS LIKE UTAH,TOLEDO

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I didn't say Michigan would win; in fact, I think Ohio State will win.

Before you write Michigan off though, consider that going all the way back to when this rivalry started in the late 1800s, Ohio State has NEVER WON 5 IN A ROW AGAINST MICHIGAN.

I completely agree that Ohio State's team is in much better shape than Michigan's, but this is a rivalry game, and teams can often play better than they really are in rivalry games.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
OSU has a big hurdle to climb in my opinion, assuming their bid to play in the BCS title game is tenuous.

When OSU lost to Florida, they got creamed.
When OSU got the invitation to play again in the BCS title game, they got there by default, and got beat handily by LSU (which arguably shouldn't have been there either).
If OSU runs the table this season, I have no problem with them playing for it all.

However, if it's a one loss OSU against a one loss USC or something, USC should get the nod.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Florida plays a very difficult schedule this fall; the only real "cupcake" we have is The Citadel right before we play the School Out West. However, if we are successful and can have a winning season this will only stand to benefit us as far as the BCS is concerned with strength-of-schedule points. The one game that concerns me the most is Georgia; but given the fact that we lost the WLOCP last year we should be out for revenge come October.

So far the reports out of spring practice sound promising; this could mean another winning season and decent post-season. However, it's too early to tell who will win what (I'm far from being a clairvoyant) and don't want to stick my neck out by making a prediction. Still, I feel that momentum is swinging in the Gators' direction and we're in for a great 2008!

As far as OSU goes, it's hard to say what will happen with them. They recently got a commitment from Terrelle Pryor at QB, and there's talk about their implementing a two-QB system this fall. With Michigan it's wait and see; who knows if the spread offense Rich Rodriguez is bringing in will work in the Big Ten.

After getting blown out in two straight NC games I would think OSU would have to run the table to get there again.(probably just to lose to another SEC team)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema