• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Come back dan !!!!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Umm....highly unlikely since he's now the head coach at another SEC school.

It''s only been the first game of the season - take a deep breath and chill out.

kuz318

Gator Fan
Ive been saying since last year addazio doesnt have it and i want him to prove me wrong but he wont

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Ive been saying since last year addazio doesnt have it and i want him to prove me wrong but he wont

The fact that we were ranked #3 and won a BCS bowl last season means nothing to you? Makes no sense that on account of one game yesterday, some people want Addazio with a noose around his neck. Agreed he should be held accountable in part for our offensive woes on Saturday, but this "fire the coach" nonsense is going a bit overboard.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The fact that we were ranked #3 and won a BCS bowl last season means nothing to you? Makes no sense that on account of one game yesterday, some people want Addazio with a noose around his neck. Agreed he should be held accountable in part for our offensive woes on Saturday, but this "fire the coach" nonsense is going a bit overboard.

They were held to 212 yards AGAINST A TEAM THAT ONLY WON ONE :censored: GAME, I REPEAT ONE :censored: GAME. OK it was one game but if MIAMI of OHIO can do that then what chance do they have against UK, FSU, UGA, and especially BAMA. I'm worried especially if their D-Coordinators are watch film on this game. Also correction the guys behind fireSteveAddazio.com, it was one season that Tebow was under Addazio not two and 2008 was actually good offensive. Also Cam Newton had a good game against Ark. St and Mullen beat Memphis. Also I like to add that 2009 offense wasn't that good, don't know if that was because of losing Percy and Louis, having Riley Cooper as the number one guy, or what.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Saturdays game was much like most of last year. VERY PREDICTABLE

It will not be difficult to defend and stop the offense when you know the 8 plays that will be run every Saturday.

The only game that they went beyond the 8 play offense was the Sugar Bowl....and we all know the results of that game.

It just seems that the coaches are too cautious. Let the kids play ball!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Seems as though nobody will ever be pleased with the playcalling on the UF sidelines unless that certain somebody is named Stephen Orr Spurrier. Very sad.

You know what really makes me laugh? Fans were ready to crucify Dan Mullen while he was still here, now they're whining about wanting to bring him back after what took place on Saturday.

No matter what Gator Football in the Meyer era has accomplished, there will always be those who will never be pleased with anything he or his teams can do - apparently having won two National Championships, having a Heisman winner, and racking up a BCS bowl win don't mean a GD thing to some of these people.

Un-:censored:-believable.

J-ville Gator

VIP Member
Seems as though nobody will ever be pleased with the playcalling on the UF sidelines unless that certain somebody is named Stephen Orr Spurrier. Very sad.

You know what really makes me laugh? Fans were ready to crucify Dan Mullen while he was still here, now they're whining about wanting to bring him back after what took place on Saturday.

No matter what Gator Football in the Meyer era has accomplished, there will always be those who will never be pleased with anything he or his teams can do - apparently having won two National Championships, having a Heisman winner, and racking up a BCS bowl win don't mean a GD thing to some of these people.

Un-:censored:-believable.

Exactly. I guarantee you, those same "Gator fans" are the ones who has think 2007 was a horrible season. let 'em get a taste of the 80's era teams and they'll know what losing is.

They probably starting watching in the early 90's and think that UF has always won. Buch of spoiled fans who think they're entitled. :hammer:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Exactly. I guarantee you, those same "Gator fans" are the ones who has think 2007 was a horrible season. let 'em get a taste of the 80's era teams and they'll know what losing is.

They probably starting watching in the early 90's and think that UF has always won. Buch of spoiled fans who think they're entitled. :hammer:

You're preaching to the choir as far as those of us old enough to remember 0-10-1 back in 1979 are but you're still spot-on, my friend. Let the bandwagoners jump off at this juncture, and they better not let the tailgate door hit them on the way off.

I also had to laugh at those comparing Saturday's game to the Zook years, but unlike Zook who can't seem to solve a problem as though his life depended on it, Urban is proactive and gets to work on resolving issues right away without all the stupid cliches to smokescreen what's going on. Saturday's performance was unacceptable, and he knows that - but rest assured he's doing something about it.

Some Gator fans will never be satisfied with anything. For crying out loud, we won two National Championships since Urban's been here - yet some fans still complained about the most frivolous things during those years and couldn't just savor the fact that we won each of those titles.

It's only been one game, but with the way some have carried on about this it's as though somebody really lowered the boom. There was bound to be a dropoff this year with all the players who've departed after last season, as I discussed in my recent blogger - and the sooner everybody else can realize that, the sooner they'll come to their senses and give these guys a break.

ShortBus

VIP Member
I didn't see anythin wrong with the play calling. There were just so many miscues and being out of sync. How can u blame play calling when u can't even get everyone on the same damn page? how about we fix the fundamentals then worry about the play calling. you can call any damn play you want to but if the ball goes sailing past the qb on the snap who cares what damn play was called.

And I only started watching the Gators in the early 90's as i'm only 25, that's as early as I can remember. But I don't expect to win every game. I'm just glad we were able to get out of there alive. And folks you have to ask yourself this. how many other teams could have done THAT poorly and still came out with the same result? C'mon guys. it was a bad game but not enough to be calling for anyone's on the coaching staff head.

i do wish we had mullen i cant lie

he was so good for us then it was a huge drop off like this offense really wasnt meyer's or some shit

i just hope we get it together this yr or get a new OC cuz addazio really does run the same plays way too much

running sideways and throwing outs behind the line of scimmige with no room was the worst

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Even if we need a new OC, I wouldn't say Mullen would make things right as rain. Not that I don't think he was a good OC, but I wouldn't say I would only take him.

Even if we need a new OC, I wouldn't say Mullen would make things right as rain. Not that I don't think he was a good OC, but I wouldn't say I would only take him.

we havent seen anything yet that shows addazio can take mullen's place

i'll give him this yr but if he cant use all this talent he isnt the guy for the job

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Even Spurrier few some bad choices like failing to adjust the playbook to Doug Johnson's strength and had him do the same things Danny did.

kuz318

Gator Fan
I wish everyone would admit our offense has suffered since dan left!!!!!

look at how many td's running and throwing tebow had in his sophmore year and look at the slight drop off in the next 2 years!!!!!

AND I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR THE WEB SITE

I found it on another forum and I was giving the gentleman who made it credit

I have been a gator fan since i have been alive

and I can not wait to say i told u addazzio deserves to go

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I wish everyone would admit our offense has suffered since dan left!!!!!

look at how many td's running and throwing tebow had in his sophmore year and look at the slight drop off in the next 2 years!!!!!

AND I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR THE WEB SITE

I found it on another forum and I was giving the gentleman who made it credit

I have been a gator fan since i have been alive

and I can not wait to say i told u addazzio deserves to go

Apparently the fact that we only lost one game last season means absolutely nothing to you; all that matters is that you can jump on the Fire Addazio bandwagon and spout off your childish rants.

If you think you can do a better job as the OC, then perhaps YOU should go out on the field and try your hand at it.

What really matters when all is said and done is that we WIN. 'Nuff said.

Vcize

Gator Fan
Apparently the fact that we only lost one game last season means absolutely nothing to you; all that matters is that you can jump on the Fire Addazio bandwagon and spout off your childish rants.

If you think you can do a better job as the OC, then perhaps YOU should go out on the field and try your hand at it.

What really matters when all is said and done is that we WIN. 'Nuff said.

This is foolish and short-sighted. We were 13-1 last year because we had the best defense in the nation and one of the greatest players of all-time playing QB. We were 13-1 last year in SPITE of Addazio, not because of him. Without that defense we lose 5 games last year easy.

Addazio is the coaching version of Rex Grossman (as much as I love Grossman, it has to be said). When the Bears uber defense was holding them up people used that to defend him, but we saw what happened when that defense went away.

The one game that our defense didn't dominate last year we got blown out in. The offense can't win us games with Addazio at the helm, in spite of its immense talent. The defense has to do it for us. With the amount of talent we have on offense, the offense should be able to carry us even if we had a poor defense.

Imagine if this Addazio offense played with the defense that Mullen was stuck with in 2007. We'd go winless in the SEC.

The Miami OH effort wasn't just a bad game, it was the worst offensive performance in Gator football history since before the Spurrier era. The bad snaps just blind you people as to how bad the offense was even when we were getting good snaps. 26 yards of total offense through three quarters against one of the worst teams in D1 football is inexcusable for Hofstra, much less FLORIDA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema