• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Charlie Weis

GoGators01

Gator Fan
What do you guys think? He had some good offensive teams at notre dame but he didnt face the caliber of defenses the sec has. I think the lack of depth and talent and offensive line and inability of the receivers to make plays down the field a big part of the lack of offense this year. I'm not ready to give up on Weis yet but this year was unacceptable.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
As pissed off as I am at this offense, I still think we should give him a year. I cannot think of any other time in history when an offensive coordinator had to switch so much from one system to another. The Meyer offense worked with certain kinds of players, but we see that those players just don't work well in this offense.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
MY THOUGHTS.

To the Coaches, DO YOU SEE ANY OF THE THINGS I SEE?????Is your eyes open???? This is the same stupid Awfense we've had all yr. Nothing more. Nothing less. It's the Offense there's no hiding it THERE IS NO OFFENSE. The same stupid dumb humm drum plays . If this is the product of going with the players strong points then we don't got much. If JB is our 1st, Brissett our 2nd Driskel our 3rd. Were through. Done. Stick the fork in us its over. We better get to recruiting some QB's , RB's, and linemen. I don't see even a sparkle of hope for them.

OK OC if their good enough then the fool might be you. You design and call the plays. YOU DO. So if we got the players the problem might belong to you. The same STUPID I KNOW HE'S GOING TO RUN PLAYS. I've seen little league football with better game plans then you. I will give you the benefit of the doubt this yr. but you better be pulling better players and plays out of your a$$ for next yr. I really can't put the plays off on the players if your the one calling the shots from the sideline.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As I noted in response to miltongator (and others) on my "Post Game..."-thread, while I have lost confidence in Weis and now at least question his intelligence and creativity, I do not recommend firing him at this point, for a number of reasons (though among the "bad time to do it"-arguments, the most important is its likely detrimental effect on recruiting, all-important for us and at a delicate, crucial stage now). However, I now am no longer certain that Muschamp himself, for the sake of the team, the fans, the PROGRAM, and his own JOB, can necessarily wait throughout a whole second season (really our THIRD-in-a-row, before he got here and not his fault, but still important in terms of the long-building frustration among the fans, fair or not) of offensive ineptitude before making a change. Any growing signs of a deteriorating offensive product, like this past season, and he MUST be ready to make a move. The defense is going to be OK--but he has GOT to get that offense turned around in 2012; it HAS to be "ready to roll" by the following season--and that will require a mid-season change if Weis isn't cutting it.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Charlie was limited by :
- No QB.
- No RB.
- No O-line

Tough to succeed. He gets another year imo.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Charlie was limited by :
- No QB.
- No RB.
- No O-line

Tough to succeed. He gets another year imo.
All true--I won't argue with you, ANY of it...However, I STILL see a stubbornness, along with a worrisome lack of quick-thinking flexibility, in Weis' game-planning, play-calling AND personnel decision-making, that I'm afraid will likely be FATAL to the future of any offense he is in charge of, IF I am right (believe me, this is another of those times when I really hope I'm not). It is up to our Head Coach to get and KEEP a handle on this situation, to see it, acknowledge last year's failures and tendencies--and to be ready to MOVE, step in and make a change, if the signs begin to gather and multiply that the offense is once again "getting away from" our OC through the first third-to-half of the 2012 season.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well Demps and Rainey and Brantley are gone. Brissett and Driskell will have another year of experience as will players who will return. At least got Weis a year or two, if anyway he can recruit offensive players (defense was another story).

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
As I noted in response to miltongator (and others) on my "Post Game..."-thread, while I have lost confidence in Weis and now at least question his intelligence and creativity, I do not recommend firing him at this point, for a number of reasons (though among the "bad time to do it"-arguments, the most important is its likely detrimental effect on recruiting, all-important for us and at a delicate, crucial stage now). However, I now am no longer certain that Muschamp himself, for the sake of the team, the fans, the PROGRAM, and his own JOB, can necessarily wait throughout a whole second season (really our THIRD-in-a-row, before he got here and not his fault, but still important in terms of the long-building frustration among the fans, fair or not) of offensive ineptitude before making a change. Any growing signs of a deteriorating offensive product, like this past season, and he MUST be ready to make a move. The defense is going to be OK--but he has GOT to get that offense turned around in 2012; it HAS to be "ready to roll" by the following season--and that will require a mid-season change if Weis isn't cutting it.

Nothing more to be said. COVERED ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema