• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cam Newton Arrested

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
This is bad news wherever it is. Some reports are indicating that he may have purchased it from someone, and may have known it was stolen. We probably won't know everything 'til tomrrow.
:confused::mad0235::mad0235::confused:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Newton was charged with felony theft; he's pretty much history as far as Coach Meyer is concerned.

Idiotic thing on Newton's part to have done.

castawaygator

VIP Member
give me a break!!! you have young athletes with the potential to go on and make millions in the nfl and they F... it up by doing a crime like this one. $1700 vs potential for millions!!!!

if he has no other prior charges, he better pray he bought it from someone else, rat on that person for reduced charge.

then he should pray to be lucky enough to join the likes of Ryan Perrilloux.

stupid is as stupid does

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
He's done at UF as far as Myer is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if Newton was in Meyer's doghouse all season and that's why he hasn't taken the field.

Plus, we've seen all we need from Brantley.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Coach Meyer moved Chas Henry tothe #3 QB slot since he played that position in high school.

In the class of 2009, we also have an incoming QB prospect in Jordan Reed; I've heard nothing yet as far as whether or not he intends to enroll early.

sbq80

VIP Member
Brantley is the better QB.
The future of UF is Brantley not Newton, even if Newton didnt screw things up for himself.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Brantley is the better QB.
The future of UF is Brantley not Newton, even if Newton didnt screw things up for himself.

After watching Newton this past spring in the O&B game, I wasn't very impressed with his performance.

I saw that Brantley had a lot of upside when I watched him play in the high school All-American game, and not only did he show his prowess at QB, he also has a decent leg as far as punting goes as he was on dual-duty in that game. In Coach Meyer's spread offense, his passing abilities are his strongpoint as far as I can see - give him speed and accuracy with a receiving corps and he could be lethal to opposing defenses.

Once Tebow's college days are over, I could see Meyer implementing a two-QB system as we had in 2006, unless Brantley can command our offense as well as Tebow has been able to do for his past two years as a starter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema