• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BREAKING NEWS: Lane Kiffin could be named USC head coach

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
hahaha and did you see Urban and Shelley during the basketball game smiling looking at their phones?? haha PRICELESS

As the cliche goes, he who laughs last laughs best. Urban's blood pressure probably went down a little bit after he heard the news that Kiffykins was bolting for the Left Coast.

It was nice to see Urban smiling. He's getting well. :)

JvilleJohnny

As the cliche goes, he who laughs last laughs best. Urban's blood pressure probably went down a little bit after he heard the news that Kiffykins was bolting for the Left Coast.

It was nice to see Urban smiling. He's getting well. :)

definitely a good sight to see. He looks like all the weight of the world got lifted off of his shoulders now.. and with all the good news on recruiting lately and about Urban's health, i only expect it to get better. (oh, and that was the biggest smile ive seen out of UM since we won the championship):D

sbq80

VIP Member
I will be the next Coach at UT before Spurrier. He would never go there.

Kiffin has huge balls, seriously. Raiders disaster, UT hires him, he make a lot of noise going in, than jumps ship after one season. WOW!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
One can definitely see the difference between the Southeast and the Pacific opinions:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4820927

His career head-coaching record is 12-21.

He's already 0-1 against USC's biggest rival, UCLA.

His signature win was a loss -- a two-point defeat at eventual national champion Alabama. Other than that, the best thing the Volunteers did in 2009 was thumping the worst Georgia team in a decade.

His team was de-pantsed in the Chick-fil-A Bowl by Virginia Tech, and de-pantsed in Oxford by an underachieving Mississippi.

And that's just the on-field stuff. Off the field is where he's really raised doubts, and raised the ire of SEC commissioner Mike Slive. Kiffin has specialized in stupidity.

Ain't that the truth! Kiffin's rise makes no sense--his resume sucks! You have to get a desperate Pac-10 writer to find the rainbow amongst this s#!t-storm.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/7125/kiffin-will-bring-a-great-staff-recruiting-skill-to-usc

The elder Kiffin is one of the country's mostly highly regarded defensive minds. Orgeron is considered one of the nation's best recruiters. He was the Trojans recruiting coordinator from 2001 to 2004, when USC multiple times landed the nation's No. 1 class.

A source told the Pac-10 blog that USC also is expected to pursue Norm Chow as offensive coordinator. Chow is presently the offensive coordinator at UCLA, but he was Carroll's coordinator when the Trojans won consecutive national titles in 2003 and 2004.

Essentially, Kiffin was hired not for his talent, but for the talent he brings with him. Kiffin apparently is the "idea guy."

I liked having him around to beat up on, but he was not cut out for SEC football. He is a great fit for USC where the people there are just different.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I wanted to weigh in on this. My immediate reaction was that he realized he'll never finish better than 4th in the SEC. He won't win a championship as long as Florida, Alabama and LSU are playing at this level. The SEC is too tough for him and he's scared.

By moving to USC, he'll have access to just as much talent (if not more) and he will face weaker competition.

I'm definitely sad to see him go though. I was really started to love this rivalry.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
If Dana Carvey was still on SNL doing his Church Lady skit, he'd have likely said "Well, isn't that special" about Lame Kitten's latest stunt.

He leaves behind a school under NCAA investigation only to walk into one also under scrutiny. I hope he understands what the word "probation" means; once all is said and done with USCw's situation that's likely what will happen.

I'm waiting to see who'll be his next target for verbal abuse; at least Urban Meyer doesn't have to put up with his BS anymore.

Sounds like he's trying to poach OC Norm Chow away from UCLA; honestly I hope Kiffykins gets burned this time.

Anyway, here's what ESPN's Mark Schlabach had to say: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4820928

Maybe now that this punk's bolting, there'll be some semblance of civility in the SEC; I'm sure Mike Slive is glad to have washed his hands clean of him.

IMAG0124_medium.jpg

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Ya know, even though Urban Meyer looks happy in that pic, he still looks ill. I had no idea how serious this was!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Not only was Kiffykins lying through his teeth last night during that presser, he was doing the pee-pee dance up there. The pressure from the media was on, and he knew it - no wonder why he bluffed his way through that thing. What a wuss.

(P.S. Found a link to this article on another board; doesn't sound like this sportswriter in Tinseltown is too thrilled about Kiffykins: http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-plaschke-usc13-2010jan13,0,1888002.column

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema