• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Breaking Down Both Off. and Def.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
What are you talking about? You're telling me that if say...Harvin, Tebow, and say...someone on our offensive line don't play more than 1 quarter in the game b/c of injury...and we lose say...38-35, we're not allowed to make excuses? Off course we are, and the media will talk about those hypothetical injuries as well.

The only reason Ted Ginn Jr. lack of playing in Glendale wasn't really talked about was because OSU got DEMOLISHED. But if we beat them 41-35, you bet Ginn's injury would have been mentioned for years to come.

It is part of the game, man.

Injuries occur. And if your coaching staff is worth a crap, they will have the backups ready to take over if needed.

If a team banks on a select few players to win every game, without giving quality playing time to the backups or having those backups prepared...then it is the coaching staff's fault they lost, not the fact that those star players got hurt.

If OU loses, I will not use excuses if we get beat straight up. Nor will the majority of the Sooner Nation.

If Florida get screwed over by the refs, then I can see excuses being thrown. But injuries are not good for the excuse factory, IMHO.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
It is part of the game, man.

Injuries occur. And if your coaching staff is worth a crap, they will have the backups ready to take over if needed.

If a team banks on a select few players to win every game, without giving quality playing time to the backups or having those backups prepared...then it is the coaching staff's fault they lost, not the fact that those star players got hurt.

If OU loses, I will not use excuses if we get beat straight up. Nor will the majority of the Sooner Nation.

If Florida get screwed over by the refs, then I can see excuses being thrown. But injuries are not good for the excuse factory, IMHO.

You truly believe that of OU loses to UF in a close, high scoring game, and Bradford misses 2 or 3 quarters b/c of an injury, OU has no excuses b/c their backup should have been able to play as well as Bradford?

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
You truly believe that of OU loses to UF in a close, high scoring game, and Bradford misses 2 or 3 quarters b/c of an injury, OU has no excuses b/c their backup should have been able to play as well as Bradford?

Though Halzle is no Bradford...he is more than capable of running our offense.

It would suck...and we faced a similar situation against Texas this year when we lost the heart and soul of our defense...Ryan Reynolds (MLB). I did not use that as an excuse, even though we were ahead when he went down for the season.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema