• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

brandon spikes suspended?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm not saying you should invite the guy to watch your kids for the weekend. Nor am I saying he should be your kids role model. Yes football is a violent sport but it does have rules. Boxing is a violent sport yet do we condone the biting of ones ear off. To answer that question it is no.There are rules for a reason, to try to have some sort of control of the game and to keep athletes as healthy as possible. Im not asking him to be perfect and I do believe he has already came out and apologize which I would expect any real man to do when he knows he has made a mistake. My point was we cant just excuse it cause its " part of the game" when we all know that the type of behavior displayed really has no business in any sport. I say good job Spikes for fessing up and apologizing. I really don't care about how long the suspension was as long as he knew it was a mistake and has learned from it. I trust in Myer to make that call.

I am sure the answer is yes, but I have to ask. Have you ever played organized sports? There is more to sport than playing by the rules. Basketball, hockey, football, bocce ball, lawn darts, you name it are not only defined by the rules we FOLLOW, but the rules that we BREAK and GET AWAY WITH. Sports consumers love watching fights in hockey. They're not legal. We love watching fouls in basketball. They're not legal. We love stealing signs in baseball. That's not legal. Scale it up a notch. In boxing, people get hit in illegal areas. Boxers know what to look for. MMA fighters. Same thing. Linebackers. We already discussed what goes on in a doggie pile. Rugby. We shan't speaketh of what happens in the rugby scrum. Hockey? You get a small window to hurt your opponent due to all the pads. If I break your nose in order to teach your lesson, then so be it. If you lose an eye, then chip some ice off the rink and stuff it in the hole, but don't bleed on me!

I'll even turn this around. What if that hit on Tebow in the Kentucky game were delivered 5 seconds after Timmy passed the ball downfield? My response? "Great hit, jerk. You were 5 seconds late!"

I think Spikes' apology was insincere and just put out there to save his captaincy. I don't want that fake crap! But, if it keeps Spikes on the Coach's good side, then fine. Take the half-game suspension and go rip someone's head off in the second half. Next time, don't try to hide it, just be blatant and show everyone how to play some violent football!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tebow talks about Brandon Spikes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACSjis6Ot8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
In spite of what some of the internet trolls, bloggers and media hacks say, Coach Meyer did the right thing. Naturally that jackass Tim Brando at CBS Sports has to overexaggerate and stir the pot; he was recently on Slimebaum's radio show and called Meyer a "thug" - that's ridiculous!

At least Spikes' teammates have his back, in spite of what the rumor-mongers are saying (ESPN was trying to insinuate that there is a rift between Tebow and Spikes; I hate when these fools have nothing better to do than stir the pot): http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/11/practice-notes-chris-rainey-probable-for-vandy-team-rallies-for-spikes.html

Here's part of what Ealey had to say: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/11/ealey-says-spikes-shouldnt-have-been-suspended.html

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Okay, I take back what I said about the insincere apology. Spikes just worked out a full-game suspension with UM. It won't appease the Gator hators, but it sure as hell increased the amount of respect I have for him. He won't get the chance to rip out eyeballs at Vanderbilt, so he will have to rip out some limbs at South Carolina.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema