• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

brandon spikes suspended?

Rhine01

Gator Fan
It will never be addressed. Its part of football. If they suspended every player that did something in a dog pile, there would be no players left to play. Its football and a rival game at that.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I am sorry but I think he should be suspended. I really don't care if everyone else is doing it and do not get caught. HE DID! It won't look good for the program if Meyer does nothing about it. With Vandy being the next game he will not be missed for a 1 game suspension and it will also have the program look good for not letting it go.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
It will never be addressed. Its part of football. If they suspended every player that did something in a dog pile, there would be no players left to play. Its football and a rival game at that.

I agree with you and Shortbus on this. You can't suspend a player for something that happens dozens of times a game. I've had my head held under a puddle of water during a dog pile on purpose. I didn't really get mad at they guy cus I knew I probably would have done the same. It's a part of the game.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I think Spikes should be punished.

Even if it happens all the time, it doesn't mean Spikes gets a free pass.

Just because "nothing is illegal if you don't get caught" doesn't mean when getting caught, you can use that same statement as a defense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Not to defend his actions, but Spikes also got eye-gouged earlier in the game. He was pissed that the other guy got away with it. Do you want to know why the other guy got away with it? Because it happens. All. The. Time. Suspend Spikes if you want, but now you need to go suspend the eye that eye-gouged him and the guys that we didn't catch on the field without extensive video review. Ask some of these NFL players why they wear clear visors. Like blown calls on the field, this is part of the game. Ask anyone who has played the game and been on the bottom of a doggie pile.

Escambia94

how did spikes get eye gouged? he wears a clear visor.

I have no idea. He walked away from a play rubbing his eyes and complaining about something. Then again, I don't really care, because it's all part of the game.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
No. It's a part of football. Didn't one of the Georgia plays also poke Tim in the eyes?

I remember him having something in his eye at the last play of the 3rd quarter, but I don't think it was eye gouged...I think he just got some dirty or grass in his eyes.

As for Spikes, I don't care if he was just retaliating. There's a difference between doing something everyone knows happens (but doesn't actually see) and doing something that everyone knows happens, and actually sees.

Escambia94

I remember him having something in his eye at the last play of the 3rd quarter, but I don't think it was eye gouged...I think he just got some dirty or grass in his eyes.

As for Spikes, I don't care if he was just retaliating. There's a difference between doing something everyone knows happens (but doesn't actually see) and doing something that everyone knows happens, and actually sees.

No one on the field knows where are the cameras and best viewing angles are. The truth of the matter is that they are just there to play ball. Whether they think we see them or not, players will eye gouge, kick, punch, spit, fart, yawn, or even pick their noses.

The more I watch the video, the LESS I like having video cameras everywhere. Next thing you know, all of us armchair quarterbacks are going to take away every shred of spontaneity and quick pace to the game. I am quite certain that if we had the same number of cameras 100 years ago, we would see the same number of "incidents" on video.

Rhine01

Gator Fan
i heard meyer was going to deal with it him self.

Really? Where did you hear that? On another website or something. This will go away like most non essential crap that is posted on internet sites all over college football.

But yall's thoughts sure are entertaining. Maybe we should let the internet coaches handle all the suspension and penalty decisions.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
It going to bite him in the @$$ for sure even if doesn't suspended. NFL teams remember stuff like this and can cost him the first day much less the first round. Hate to said this but he should be suspend.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I know things happen in piles... I used to claw and pinch and shove off of people when I was getting up... but one thing that I hate is going for the eyes.

Meyer should deal with Spikes. He embarrasses me sometimes because he is always playing on the edge and doing something stupid, but it is what gets our D pumped.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema