• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bama Game Thread

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
feel free to jump off the bandwagon......

never been a bandwagon rider. Just call then as i see them. Too many people are afraid to criticize a team because they feel like its betraying them. Thats being fake. I wont sit here and try to find little things we did right. To me the only thing we did right as a team today is actually make it to the game on time. I have lived in florida all my life born and raised. If florida looks sorry i will fill free to express my opinion. All is not well at uf no matter how you try to spin it. We will get better, we have the athletes but at this point in time we are a sorry excuse of a team. It does not even look like they play together as a team.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
never been a bandwagon rider. Just call then as i see them. Too many people are afraid to criticize a team because they feel like its betraying them. Thats being fake. I wont sit here and try to find little things we did right. To me the only thing we did right as a team today is actually make it to the game on time. I have lived in florida all my life born and raised. If florida looks sorry i will fill free to express my opinion. All is not well at uf no matter how you try to spin it. We will get better, we have the athletes but at this point in time we are a sorry excuse of a team. It does not even look like they play together as a team.

Well then, how did we blow out Kentucky the week before? And how is "all not well" at UF?

The Zooker

VIP Member
The game against Kentucky was the high point of our season. We continued to improve each week. The play book opened up and the players were executing. Then all of a sudden we arrive in Tuscaloosa and we take a giant step backwards. Pouncey can't snap the ball. Brantley can't put the ball on the numbers consistently. Brantley can't hand the ball off. The playbook closes back up. We run the dive a hundred times and get the same result a hundred times. We run the option with Brantley and it fails just like the hundred times prior. There is poor execution on the players' part. That's for sure. But there's also poor coaching at this point as well. The playcalling was horrible and predictable.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Theres my point about " all not well at uf " we are using kentucky as a high point for our season 4 weeks in. Not much to say about the other three.

ArizonaGator

Gator Fan
You have to be kidding me

So we have a passing QB and we don't really let him pass? Our coaching staff really needs to figure out what type of offense we are.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
if "all is not well", how exactly is that?

are you not watching the games. Do you honestly think we are improving game to game because we put 40 on kentucky. First three games we looked horrible. We won but looked bad. A win is a win but the team looked tired, confused, and not coached very well. Kentucky we looked better. Offense looked good but again we are supposed too.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
are you not watching the games. Do you honestly think we are improving game to game because we put 40 on kentucky. First three games we looked horrible. We won but looked bad. A win is a win but the team looked tired, confused, and not coached very well. Kentucky we looked better. Offense looked good but again we are supposed too.

I don't exactly watch "American Idol" reruns during gametime. Of course I watched the games, but I'm looking at things objectively and not pointing fingers. We don't share the same point of view, but you can't see that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not Only That, But...

WE will be a DOMINANT team in 2011. This season will see this team come together, find its balance, its leaders, its identity. They will be very good by the end of this year, a far cry from the confused and scatter-shot group of young men going off in different directions we saw get embarrassed out there tonight. Hard as it was to witness, I believe this game was a necessary experience for them, the first true step down their only road to greatness. All the breakdowns we saw tonight had obvious seeds and precursors in the games that came before it. Victory glossed them over, made them seem somehow not so dangerous--especially to the youngest, the most talented who have known only personal and team success up until now. Now the coaches will really have their attention for the first time. Now the real work begins.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
i don't exactly watch "american idol" reruns during gametime. Of course i watched the games, but i'm looking at things objectively and not pointing fingers. We don't share the same point of view, but you can't see that.

i see that. First you said i was a bandwagon rider or implied i was one. Second how are you being objective when you have not at least acknowledged that there is a problem with play calling which in turn points to the coaches. I don't blame freshman. If anything i defend their right to be on the field more in my opinion. I just don't see too many freshman making that many mistakes. I'm not trying to be a dick. I truly love uf and i respect your opinion and points. I just ask for the same in return.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
i see that. First you said i was a bandwagon rider or implied i was one. Second how are you being objective when you have not at least acknowledged that there is a problem with play calling which in turn points to the coaches. I don't blame freshman. If anything i defend their right to be on the field more in my opinion. I just don't see too many freshman making that many mistakes. I'm not trying to be a dick. I truly love uf and i respect your opinion and points. I just ask for the same in return.

I don't like seeing others be made scapegoats when the blame lies elsewhere - blaming the coaches every time things go wrong with this team is taking the easy way out. We have some of the best effin' coaches in the country, and what many fans can't seem to see is that we lost a LOT of our power players from last season - developing newer players to replace them can't be accomplished overnight.

The playcalling isn't the problem - if it was, no way would we have won the first four games.

Seems every time something doesn't go right with this team, fans jump all over the coaches and I don't think that's fair.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
i don't like seeing others be made scapegoats when the blame lies elsewhere - blaming the coaches every time things go wrong with this team is taking the easy way out. We have some of the best effin' coaches in the country, and what many fans can't seem to see is that we lost a lot of our power players from last season - developing newer players to replace them can't be accomplished overnight.

The playcalling isn't the problem - if it was, no way would we have won the first four games.

Seems every time something doesn't go right with this team, fans jump all over the coaches and i don't think that's fair.

players make mistakes thats part of the game. Coaches turn those mistakes into positives. I have not seen that yet. Snaps are still off. Two filed goals in this game. No rushing game. Players execute. Coaches put players in the best possible situation to accomplish that execution. I have a hard time believing pouncey is a better snapper then robey. He made be a better over all player. I am not using coaches as a scape goat, but other then the kentucky game our offense has been so predictable and bland. Only when we started to open it up did we see some life but by then it was too late. Our formations look the same too. We need to do a better job in confusing defenses with different looks. Coaches are not the scape goat. I don't blame a coach for a fumble or interception. I do hold them responsible for game planning, motivation, and over all readiness of a team. You have to have a solid game plan. You have to play the players who give you the best chance to win as long as they are doing what is asked from them on a day to day basis.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
players make mistakes thats part of the game. Coaches turn those mistakes into positives. I have not seen that yet. Snaps are still off. Two filed goals in this game. No rushing game. Players execute. Coaches put players in the best possible situation to accomplish that execution. I have a hard time believing pouncey is a better snapper then robey. He made be a better over all player. I am not using coaches as a scape goat, but other then the kentucky game our offense has been so predictable and bland. Only when we started to open it up did we see some life but by then it was too late. Our formations look the same too. We need to do a better job in confusing defenses with different looks. Coaches are not the scape goat. I don't blame a coach for a fumble or interception. I do hold them responsible for game planning, motivation, and over all readiness of a team. You have to have a solid game plan. You have to play the players who give you the best chance to win as long as they are doing what is asked from them on a day to day basis.

Do you remember 2007? We had a dropoff that season, and give the fact that we lost a lot of power players after 2009 it was foolish on the part of those who didn't expect that same thing this year. My expectations were not set as high as others, and therefore I'm not caught up in the rest of the hysteria after things don't go as "expected". We can't be expected to win every :censored: game every season; to think that way is unrealistic.

If you don't think Urban Meyer is doing a good job in coaching this team, I'd like some suggestions as to who could do better than he could do right now. Myself, I wouldn't want anybody else - I challenge anybody to think of somebody else who could do better than he can do for the Gators right now.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
do you remember 2007? We had a dropoff that season, and give the fact that we lost a lot of power players after 2009 it was foolish on the part of those who didn't expect that same thing this year. My expectations were not set as high as others, and therefore i'm not caught up in the rest of the hysteria after things don't go as "expected". We can't be expected to win every :censored: Game every season; to think that way is unrealistic.

If you don't think urban meyer is doing a good job in coaching this team, i'd like some suggestions as to who could do better than he could do right now. Myself, i wouldn't want anybody else - i challenge anybody to think of somebody else who could do better than he can do for the gators right now.

i don't think anyone really wants to fire meyer nor have i heard such a thing. Meyers job is to make sure the other coaches are doing things the way he expects them too. I think his friendship is clouding the fact that his offense has sputtered the last two years. Yes we did have a drop off in 2007 but that was mainly due to our young defense not our offense. Tebow had a great year that year. The problem i have is the positions we expected to be good have not pained out so far. 5 games is not early in the season so wile i did not expect a undefeated season or a dominate team. I did expect a team that competes and grows week to week. I just really cant say i have seen that yet. I see you are getting upset about meyer but i really don't think anyone is calling out meyer. Rather addazzio is the one most people have a problem with not because of lack of heart or passion but his inconsistent play calling. We are seeing much of the same we have seen last year. Sure it may get us to the sec championship which thats up in the air cause sc is gonna be tuff as well as lsu. It wont get up much farther then that.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
i don't think anyone really wants to fire meyer nor have i heard such a thing. Meyers job is to make sure the other coaches are doing things the way he expects them too. I think his friendship is clouding the fact that his offense has sputtered the last two years. Yes we did have a drop off in 2007 but that was mainly due to our young defense not our offense. Tebow had a great year that year. The problem i have is the positions we expected to be good have not pained out so far. 5 games is not early in the season so wile i did not expect a undefeated season or a dominate team. I did expect a team that competes and grows week to week. I just really cant say i have seen that yet. I see you are getting upset about meyer but i really don't think anyone is calling out meyer. Rather addazzio is the one most people have a problem with not because of lack of heart or passion but his inconsistent play calling. We are seeing much of the same we have seen last year. Sure it may get us to the sec championship which thats up in the air cause sc is gonna be tuff as well as lsu. It wont get up much farther then that.

I still refuse to jump on the Fire Addazio bandwagon. Twist my arm until you pull it off my body, but I won't go.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You are both right, you know. We HAVE looked like shit at times, sometimes for a whole LOT of times during those first 4 games--AND we DO have all kinds of talent, the raw material for a great team...
The question remains: What is going on in the minds of the Gator "Braintrust"?
Is this fractured, schizoid waffling between offensive philosophies, the constant return to the middle option with a "pure passing QB" that you never let throw long and everyone knows is no running threat really just the fault of the O.C.? If so, at what point does our Head Coach, the offensive visionary, say "Enough!"?
As I noted above, I have no doubt about Urban Meyer's plans for this team, nor his capacity, with the help and skills of the men around him, to make it happen--and there's no doubt the pieces are already there (if not exactly in place as of yet). However, how they approach the rest of this season is a huge part of that process. We can and SHOULD begin to build towards greatness starting NOW. I believe we will be very good, a team on the verge of dominance, by the end on this season--but it begins with, possibly even DEPENDS ON answering the above question, the one that always has Addazio at the center.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema