• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Backup QB Cameron Newton arrested for stealing laptop, suspended from team

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I have to say, I was REALLY surprised when I got this in my Gator Google alert. But, here's the story:

University of Florida police arrested sophomore quarterback Cameron Newton on Friday afternoon for felony charges of buglary, larceny and intimidating a witness, informant or victim, according to Alachua County jail records.

Newton has been suspended from the team, according to football team spokesman Steve McClain.

Newton allegedly stole a Dell laptop from a UF student's dorm room and then threw it out of the window when University Police Department officers visited Newton's dorm today, according to the UPD arrest report. Newton was booked at 2:25 p.m. after the alleged buglary was reported on Oct. 16, according to the report.

Police found out via the university's computer network that someone had logged onto the student-friendly Gatorlink system with the laptop under the identification "cnewton," according to the report. Newton, 19, signed a waiver form Friday allowing the police to view his Dell computer, which appeared to have been painted black and had the spelling "Cam Newton" in white painted letters on the lid, according to the report.

The serial number from the computer in Newton's dorm matched all but one of the seven digits from the code the UF student said belonged to his estimated $1,700 computer, according to the report. The computer in Newton's dorm had the letter "Q" instead of the student's "2," according to the report.

The officers stepped away from Newton's room to call and ask the student if the serial numbers matched, but the computer was gone when they returned to Newton's room, according to the report. The computer was later found by a garbage dumpster outside of the Springs Complex, where Newton lived on the third floor, according to the report.

Newton, who is unavailable for comment, is a medical redshirt candidate who hasn't played since the season opener against Hawaii because of an ankle injury. Newton (2-of-4 passing, 14 yards on the year) and redshirt freshman John Brantley battled for the backup quarterback job in the preseason.

This is the second arrest of a Gators football player in November and the fourth legal incident involving a team member in the 2008 calendar year. Jacques Rickerson was kicked off the team on Nov. 4 following a felony domestic violence arrest.

Gainesville-based lawyer Huntley Johnson said he plans to represent Newton on a Saturday morning court appearance and hopes Newton is released on his own recognizance.

"It's too early to comment on the case at this point," Johnson said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2008/11/backup-qb-camer.html

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
WTF !
What is wrong with these guys!
threw it out of the window when University Police Department officers visited Newton's dorm today
I hope it had a spiral at least..... sorry I couldn't resist.:smartass:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema