• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Auburn's Newton reportedly cheated at FL

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
BREAKING NEWS: In an attempt to quiet the witness, Cam Newton has just kidnapped John Bond. When the police visited Cam Newton for questioning, he threw John Bond out the window to hide the evidence. News at 11.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BREAKING NEWS: In an attempt to quiet the witness, Cam Newton has just kidnapped John Bond. When the police visited Cam Newton for questioning, he threw John Bond out the window to hide the evidence. News at 11.
(laughter)
I love it.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Lol, the Newtons are screwed. More and more is coming to light. I can only hope that Cam is ineligible for the SEC Title Game. I don't feel bad for him either. The kid has made so many poor decisions and never learned a thing from it. I hope he gets hung out to dry and made an example of.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Even more ironic since Cecil Newton is a bishop or whatever at five different churches in Georgia. I wonder what the congregations are thinking.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Even more ironic since Cecil Newton is a bishop or whatever at five different churches in Georgia. I wonder what the congregations are thinking.

Well another bishop in GA is in trouble for more serious crimes, so I don't think he'll be affect much besides he's only in trouble with NCAA though his son that's more of a different story though probably end up in the NFL regardless.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Well another bishop in GA is in trouble for more serious crimes, so I don't think he'll be affect much besides he's only in trouble with NCAA though his son that's more of a different story though probably end up in the NFL regardless.

Afraid it's not just the NCAA anymore. Now the FBI is involved. Yep, the FBI. They're investigating the third party that allegedly solicited the cash. Inevitably that will lead to questioning of the Newtons. This whole thing is quickly spiraling out of control. The Newtons and Auburn need to come clean before folks end up going to jail.

The Zooker

VIP Member
And several sources are reporting that tapes do exist. I don't give much merit to anonymous sources though. Still makes for fun details to this entertaining soap opera.

The Zooker

VIP Member
The best part is everyone throwing around speculation on the big boards. Someone will post a little bit of info like "Auburn is sitting Cam against UGA, my uncle is a big booster there so he knows." And all of a sudden there's twenty pages of replies with further speculation. I love that kind of stuff. It's so entertaining.

Escambia94

This just in. FBI has subpoena'd Cecil Newton's checkbook.
cecilnewtoncheckbook.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thing is, this all DOES continue to raise more and more questions--it can't HELP but spiral out of control...
So many things come to mind, many of them among the side-stories that are already being raised by others. This whole business with his father. I mean, Cam has HIS "plausible deniability" like everyone else here (right up to Gene Chizic and the Auburn AD, I imagine--you watch, if and when the actual money transfer is documented, it'll be laid on some "out-of-control booster"), in his case his dad, the "respected local religious figure". Sure, "it was all up to my dad", but now there are his own words reflecting Cam's implicit knowledge of money on the table. All in all, it appears "the apple didn't fall far from the tree". From what we know so far, the father's a hypocrite, and the son has no values whatsoever; think there may be a connection?
Yeah, this one's turning into a real daily melodrama. I'm now getting comfortable with just ignoring Auburn and its apologists' desperate efforts to deflect the the growing tide of bad news and just sitting back and waiting for the next inevitable shoe to drop.
Meanwhile, for whatever reasons (and those alone are fascinating to consider) Auburn's "braintrust" has decided to go "all in", "betting the house" I suppose that "they" (either the NCAA OR various legal entities) won't be able to PROVE any of the most damning charges. Actually, it's the entry of those "legal entities" to the fray that makes escape from ultimate culpability much less likely; the Auburn folks may not have expected that, not this quickly, anyway. From their point-of-view the "worst case scenario" probably is that an NCAA investigation takes so damn long: they probably figured that even if it turns out badly, like USC they'll have long since had a Heisman winner and a run at a National Championship--and if the worst charges are true, they would have gotten creamed by the NCAA in ANY event, so why not?
I guess I can't really fault this reasoning, from a practical standpoint, IF they didn't know about it all until it was already long since a "done deal", as they no doubt will claim. However, I just don't believe that that can be anything more than another version of that "plausible deniability" referred to above, in which case you really gotta ask yourself, "Was it worth the 5-to-7 years in football-program-purgatory the NCAA sanctions will put you in?" (maybe worse: they're not USC, after all).

Escambia94

To be honest, I really don't think Auburn or the SEC deserve this black eye over what may still may be nothing. What if Camburglar's dad did not take the cash? It's too late. Let's say Camburglar DID turn over a new leaf in his new home, is worthy of a Heisman, and does not have an extra $200K in his pocket...it would all be for naught. Besides, if I put on my optimism hat, what if Florida played Auburn for the SEC championship. I would rather beat a Camburglar-led Auburn than one with a suspended-but-possibly-innocent Cam. Wouldn't it be friggin' awesome to beat down a team like that after the year we've had?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You have a point, Escambria94--well, several points actually, but the "What if's" are more and more unlikely, don't you think? By their own words (ie. father AND son's latest public responses to questions) it seems that they're just hoping (1) that the worst of it can't be proved "beyond a reasonable doubt", and (2) that even if it is, they can get the kid his Heisman, National Championship glory and (most of all) the REALLY BIG BUCKS of an NFL top-of-the-draft contract well out in front of all the consequences. For them, it's all about the money. Hell, I'm starting to think it's not a whole lot different for Auburn.
Now, about your last point: sure it would be sweeter to beat 'em WITH Cam; I don't see much chance of him NOT playing, so if/when we meet them (I won't start that one again here) we'll get our chance. Again, Auburn has made clear how they are playing this one out: no "preemptive measures" for these folks, just "Here we are, do your worst!". The NCAA wouldn't step in this early in THEIR "process" ("The NCAA: Faster than a glacier! WAY faster than continental drift!"); there'd have to be major indictments issued, and even THEN they'd likely dither. If it came to THAT, though, I would just laugh and say, let's go step on their necks! Eat 'em up!
I'm that sick of the way the Newton's continue to wiggle out of any responsibility, and how Auburn officials and their publicity mill have tried to use us, Meyer, Mullen, etc. to make this about "anyone but Auburn".
It's THOSE efforts that have "blackened the eye" of the whole SEC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema