• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are you a proponent of a playoff for college football top division?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If we don't get a playoff system, I would at least like to see some more inter-conference play. Yeah, it's fun beating up on Hawaii and Citadel, but I would love to see Florida play Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan (ouch), USC (Trojans), and Notre Dame in the regular season. Maybe all the BCS conference teams should swap one "fluff" game for an inter-conference game. Think about it. Next week will be the first time Oklahoma and Florida have played head to head. Regardless of the outcome next week, it would be fun to see them play each other more often.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
A playoff will be the only way a true national champion in the top division of college football can be determined, and I see no reason why a format similar to what the NFL runs with conference-division champions and "wild card" teams to round out a bracket can't be developed and adapted to work in college football.

There should be no more "independent" teams either; Notre Dame belongs to the Big East in basketball, so why can't they join that same conference in football? Same for Army, Navy and the rest of the teams not affiliated with a conference - Army once belonged to C-USA but dropped out - I wonder why?

shandsgator8

VIP Member
A playoff will be the only way a true national champion in the top division of college football can be determined, and I see no reason why a format similar to what the NFL runs with conference-division champions and "wild card" teams to round out a bracket can't be developed and adapted to work in college football.

There should be no more "independent" teams either; Notre Dame belongs to the Big East in basketball, so why can't they join that same conference in football? Same for Army, Navy and the rest of the teams not affiliated with a conference - Army once belonged to C-USA but dropped out - I wonder why?

My sentiments exactly. I honestly don't mind independent schools, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to be independent, you're completely independent, not half and half like Notre Dame does it. It's like someone saying, "I want to get married, but only for the sex and the financial support. If my spouse gets sick or makes less money than me, then we both become single."

Oh well, those are just my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema