• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All Juniors are gone

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6647746

The Gator Boys rode into Gainesville together — and they are going to try and leave together.

Florida's foursome of Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green are expected to make an announcement at 4 p.m. ET this afternoon that they will each be declaring for the NBA Draft, according to a source close to the Gators program.

The four juniors will make the announcement a day prior to the celebration scheduled for Friday in Gainesville.

Noah, Horford and Brewer each passed up probable first-round contracts a year ago to return to Gainesville. They accomplished their goal of becoming the first team since Duke in 1991-92 to win back-to-back national titles when they knocked off Ohio State on Monday night.

Noah, Horford and Brewer are near-locks to be taken in the first round this year while Green's status is unclear. It's expected to be a fairly weak point guard crop.

All four players averaged between 12 and 13.3 points this season. Green led the team at 13.3 while Brewer and Horford averaged 13.2 and Noah averaged 12 points. The team's fifth starter, Lee Humphrey, was a senior.

Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
No one is going to give these guys crap for wanting to go to the NBA. After what they have given us, they deserve whatever they want.

I wish them the best of luck at the next level.

Swampman

VIP Member
Well that sucks. I thought for sure Green would have come back for 1 more year. O -well. Best of luck to them all.

i wonder if any college team has had 6 players drafted into the nba at one time?

UGAsucks

VIP Member
in the words of Ron Simons...DAMN!!!

but good luck to them, and i know they'll be amazing

i just hope the suns or the bulls pick one of them up

:wheelchair: i love this smiley

99G8R

Gator Fan
Wouldn't it be something if two (or three!) of them wound up on the same team. It think that franchise would need to move down here to support its fan base.

UGAsucks

VIP Member
Wouldn't it be something if two (or three!) of them wound up on the same team. It think that franchise would need to move down here to support its fan base.

true as that may be they'd have to trade like crazy, to manage to pull it off

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I hoped they would come back, but you can't blame them. I wish them all the luck in the world in the NBA. They won't disappoint, that's for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema