• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2007 projected BCS bowls

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Michigan vs. Florida would be a great game to watch IMO. I'd love to wax those Big 10 losers for a second straight year.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
If we win out, I'll be happy. If we somehow get to the SECCG, I'll be very happy. If we win it, I'll be the happiest. And if we win a BCS bowl game, I'll be happier than I have been in a long time. Let's just take care of our business first and win out.:D

Just to explain:

SEC Bowl Tie-Ins The Southeastern Conference has agreements to send eight of its member institutions to postseason bowl games following the 2006 season. The winner of the SEC Championship Game will automatically participate in the Bowl Championship Series comprised of the Sugar, Rose, Orange and Fiesta Bowls.
The Capital One (2nd), will then make its pick following the BCS selections. The bowl must select the team with the next best overall record or a team that is within one win of the team with the next best overall record.
The Outback, Chick-fil-A and AT&T Cotton Bowls will work with the conference office to determine picks 3-5. The Cotton Bowl has the first preference of teams from the Western Division and the Outback Bowl has first preference of teams from the Eastern Division. The Cotton or Outback Bowl can select teams outside of its divisional preference, but must not select them before the opposite bowl selects from its divisional preference. The Chick-fil-A Bowl has the selection of preference following the Cotton and Outback Bowls.
In selections 6-7, the AutoZone Liberty and Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowls will make their selections, not in any specific order, but in consultation with the SEC Office. The Bowls will rank available qualified teams in order of preference. If there are no similarities in the order of selection, the bowls will be granted its selection. If the bowls rank the same teams in preference, the team involved in the process would get its preference of which bowl to participate.
The Independence Bowl will receive the eighth selection of available SEC teams.
2nd Selection
  • CAPITAL ONE BOWL
    Jan. 1 • 1 p.m. ET • ABC Sports
    Orlando, Fla. • Florida Citrus Bowl (65,438)
    Teams: SEC vs. Big Ten
3rd through 5th Selections (Listed in alphetical order) -
  • AT&T COTTON BOWL
    Jan. 1 • 11:30 a.m. ET • FOX Sports
    Dallas, Texas • The Cotton Bowl (68,252)
    Teams: SEC vs. Big 12
  • CHICK-FIL-A BOWL
    Dec. 30 • 8 p.m. ET • ESPN
    Atlanta, Ga. • Georgia Dome (71,228)
    Teams: SEC vs. ACC
  • OUTBACK BOWL
    Jan. 1 • 11 a.m. ET • ESPN
    Tampa, Fla. • Raymond James Stadium (65,657)
    Teams: SEC vs. Big Ten
6th and 7th Selections (Listed in alphabetical order) -
  • AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL
    Dec. 29 • 4:30 p.m. ET • ESPN
    Memphis, Tenn. • Liberty Bowl Stadium (62,338)
    Teams: SEC vs. Conference USA
  • GAYLORD HOTELS MUSIC CITY BOWL
    presented by Bridgestone
    Dec. 29 • 1 p.m. ET • ESPN
    Nashville, Tenn. • The Coliseum (67,000)
    Teams: SEC vs. ACC
8th Selection
  • INDEPENDENCE BOWL
    Dec. 28 • 4:30 p.m. ET • ESPN
    Shreveport, La. • Independence Stadium (50,459)
    Teams: SEC vs. Big 12
Link

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema