• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

'12 RB Matt Jones commits to Gators

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, sooner or later we've GOT to have some luck at landing a big time, almost-every-down RB, someone with power and stamina to go with speed and moves.
There's some hope we have the PARTS of something close among 2 or 3 of the guys we have now, but if we could field one back along with the FB, hot young QB's and WR's we already have, well, imagine what that might mean in Weis' offense!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yikes! Power and speed--AND he can catch the ball as well (his YAC is an eye-opener). It's been a while since we've had a back like that, who gets 5-7 yds. even when there's nothing there, the blocking braking down...and when he DOES brake through into the secondary, look out! If he keeps on getting bigger and stronger (as he is likely to do) and can bring those skills to the level-of-play in the SEC, we may be looking at another piece of an eventual Gator offensive juggernaut by 2012, I figure.
I think our "D" will "arrive" first and keep us in games, especially the first half of this coming season, but along with the talented guys we have coming along throughout the offense, this bodes well for what Will and Charlie will have for us down the road.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I read a comment somewhere that predicts Jones will end up "outgrowing" the RB position and that he should "start honing his receiver-skills" in anticipation of his likely move to WR or tight end...I find that argument kind of lame, actually--his overall body-proportion (relatively compact legs, long torso for leverage when he straightens up as exploding thru' the line, etc.) won't change and is PERFECT for a big back. Unless he suddenly grows 6+ in., all in the legs, he's just gonna become a bigger (mostly filling OUT), better, more powerful back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema