• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Broncos Rookie Tim Tebow Gets Hazed

"As expected, Denver Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow has been taking his “hazing” in stride with a smile on his face and a hop in his step. While some in the league question if similar practices are actually necessary to build chemistry, most rookies seem not to care and realize it is just a part of the process to be accepted by your teammates and NFL veterans. Though Tebow has plenty more to do in order to win over the Broncos both on the field and behind the scenes, carrying some pads on a hot day is a pretty good start."

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/08/02/2010/two-bits-dunlap-concussed-tebow-hazed/#ixzz0vUTuiM3l

20100801__Tebow080110p1.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow stirs up a new fan base

"Tim Tebow was welcomed with open arms by his new fan base in Denver this weekend.

At his first practice in front of Broncos fans, Tebow reportedly completed a 40-yard pass to Matthew Willis that was greeted with cheers from the crowd, which grew to more than 3,000 by the day’s end. Some fans even stood to their feet “as if the season had already begun,” according to The Denver Post’s Shemar Woods.

It seems no matter where he goes, the former Florida Gators quarterback has the ability to incite mania from football fans."

More: http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/401949/francine-king/2010-08-02/tim-tebow-stirs-new-fan-base

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have a feeling that the picture of Tebow carrying the pads is going to be used a lot by the haters.

We've had four years of learning how to deal with haters. The NFL anti-Tebow bandwagon will be no better or no worse. He's already won. Even if Tebow does not attempt one more pass as a QB, he is in the NFL making enough money to make his momma happy. The less he plays, the less likely he gets hurt and loses his marketability as an underwear model or spokesperson. If he does complete a few passes, all he has to do is not suck worse than Ryan Leaf and he has also won--you can hate him all you want and he has shown that he does not suck as bad as the haters purport. Best case scenario--he is at least average, or maybe even good, and the haters will still find something to harass us about. I consider it a win any friggin' time Tim Tebow gets publicity and I see a hater get riled up, to which I respond with a simple Gator chomp.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow's devotion to faith divides Broncos fans

"Michelle Olson calls herself the anti-Tebow.

She is a diehard Broncos fan but has no love in her heart for its limelight-stealing sensation, rookie quarterback and evangelical everyman Tim Tebow.

"He's a big distraction and has done nothing to prove he's NFL material," the 25-year-old Fort Collins woman said Tuesday morning at Broncos training camp in Dove Valley.

It's Tebow's eagerness to share his Christian values and beliefs that really irks her.

"That's why I hate him," she said.

"That's why I adore him," said Jennifer Longmore, 26, of Loveland, who quickly adds that "it's a miracle" she and Olson are good friends."

More: http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15671823?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

20100803__20100804_B01_CD04TEBOW~p1.JPG

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Getting down to brass tacks of Tebow deal

"The contract details on Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow show that his five-year deal is worth $9,713,500, not the $11.25 million the industry reports, according to a union source.

The difference is a one-time playing time bonus of $1,537,500 that the players association counts because it's "easy to earn." Almost all first-rounders hit the one-time playing bonus, but Jarvis Moss and Brady Quinn from the 2007 draft are among those who have yet to hit their one-timers. Tebow will be well on his way to his first NFL million on Friday, when the Broncos pay him a $975,000 advance, which essentially will be counted as a signing bonus for prorated salary cap reasons. Some details on the Tebow deal:"

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15671677?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

20100803__20100804_C07_SP04FBNDEAL~p1.JPG

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Woody's Mailbag: Tebow's ability to read defenses key in Broncos' decision to draft

"A good friend of mine is a college football coach who recently went to a clinic held by former Florida Gators offensive coordinator Dan Mullen. He said Tim Tebow is a great leader, a great physical talent, but just can't process information quickly. That doesn't sound too good — seeing that the NFL is all about reading defenses and processing information very quickly. Do you have any inside info regarding Tebow's ability to read defenses at the snap of the ball?

— Alex, St. George, Utah

Woody Paige: Thanks, Alex. Great question. Josh McDaniels told me months ago that one of the major attributes Tebow possessed that impressed the coach was his ability to read defensive linemen and linebackers. Scott Loeffler, the quarterbacks coach at Florida (who formerly was in the NFL), agreed with that assessment."

More: http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_15678251

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow’s first promotional video with Jockey

Enjoy:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaItTzvDUA&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I wonder how Nike and Jockey feel about his new hair cut hahaha - hold off all commercial shoots for 3-4 months.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Is Tim Tebow the greatest sports marketing machine ever?

"The virgin preacher quarterback is the official face of Jockey underwear. He's a cover boy for EA Sports video games. The first limited-edition release of his own line of Nike shoes sold out earlier this month in five minutes in the middle of the night. His new No. 15 Denver Broncos jersey is the biggest seller in the National Football League, bigger than Peyton Manning, bigger than Drew Brees, bigger than Tom Brady.

Tim Tebow is a backup. He's a backup to a backup.

Yet companies that do surveys that measure the marketability of celebrities and athletes say the former Florida Gator football folk hero is more known, more appealing and more of a trendsetter in the eyes of the general public than most of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL and the stars in other sports."

(BTW, happy birthday Timmy!)

More: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/is-tim-tebow-the-greatest-sports-marketing-machine-ever/1115036

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow scores in pro debut, but Broncos lose

CINCINNATI — "Fans booed. Flashes went off. Tim Tebow had arrived in the NFL.
With a much better haircut and a bruising touchdown, no less.

The rookie quarterback from Florida made his first preseason appearance Sunday night, and got into the end zone on the final play of a 33-24 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tebow went 8 of 13 for 105 yards in the second half, with most of the completions and yards coming on dump-offs during the closing drive against a soft defense. On the game's final play, Tebow scrambled seven yards for a touchdown, running over safety Kyries Hebert -- a power move he used so many times in college."

More: http://gatorsportsnews.com/story/14875?utm_source=GatorSportsNews&utm_medium=twitter

bilde

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I thought he did well in his first appearance. Great first possession and last possession. Two drops that hurt him, one was a beautiful deep pass that was dropped by a wide open WR, the second was dropped in the endzone.

mjfan23

VIP Member
I thought he did well in his first appearance. Great first possession and last possession. Two drops that hurt him, one was a beautiful deep pass that was dropped by a wide open WR, the second was dropped in the endzone.

The one deep ball that was dropped, was a very nice throw. If caught he had a chance to score.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I won't jump on the bandwagon, but that was a nice outing for a rookie. I am disappointed in Timmy's mechanics, because "they were right"--that looping throw nearly cost him big. He paid the price a little for the long delivery, and he needs to work out of third string if he wants to stand behind a better O-line and get away from brick-hand receivers. Maybe it's too early, but Quinn did not help his case at all for staying at second-team. I am glad I got "shut up the Gator hater" ammo when he ran over a 220-lb defender and spun another one around. That defender was seen walking around in a daze after the hit, even dropping his mouthguard. Third-team or not, that defender got knocked the **** out!

EDIT: Did anyone notice how well he throws out of a naked bootleg? Why not let Timmy run bootlegs and moving-pocket plays? Those have been done under this style offense with other coaches.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Broncos won't rush Tim Tebow

ENGLEWOOD, COLO. — "Tim Tebow smiles a lot, especially for an NFL rookie quarterback. The University of Florida legend retains an irrepressibly jaunty outlook, even in the face mask of squinty cynics who forecast a dim pro future for the Denver Bronco.

"I love it," Tebow says, "when someone tells me I cannot do something."

Perhaps the beaming, sunny-side-up son of a preacher knows something the skeptics and pundits do not. Among the most derisive predraft comments were from Super Bowl champion quarterback Joe Theismann, who advised the Florida Gators folk hero to quit the sport with his "rock-star status preserved."

More: http://gatorsportsnews.com/story/15636?utm_source=GatorSportsNews&utm_medium=twitter

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow holds side during drills, leaves Broncos practice early

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — "Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow left the practice field early after talking to a Denver trainer Wednesday.

Tebow, who received a physical blow at the goal line in Denver's first exhibition game Sunday night in Cincinnati, appeared to be holding his side while going through footwork drills early in the Broncos' practice.

During Tuesday's practice, Tebow did not participate in sprints at the end."

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100818/ARTICLES/100819386/1136?Title=Tebow-holds-side-during-drills-leaves-Broncos-practice-early

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema