• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow returns home, Driskel compared

"Former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow will once again be playing football in his hometown of Jacksonville, FL, on Sunday; unfortunately for many residents, he will be doing so as a member of the Denver Broncos – not the Jacksonville Jaguars. Nevertheless, Jags players know that the city is Tebow’s for the day, just ask star running back Maurice Jones-Drew. “It’s his town man. It’s going to be exciting for him,” Jones-Drew said. “Everybody is probably going to try to be at the hotel and see him. Word around here flies around fast where everyone is staying, so my advice to him is get a private room and stay in there the entire night.”

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/09/09/2010/two-bits-tebow-returns-home-driskel-compared/#ixzz0z4NEDbiy

Tebow-pre1.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Jacksonville = Tebow’s Town, says Jones-Drew

"Maurice Jones-Drew might be the Jacksonville Jaguars’ biggest star, but he knows he won’t be the most popular man in town come Sunday, when his Jags host the Broncos in the regular season opener.

That title will be belong to Tim Tebow, the Broncos’ rookie quarterback, who grew up in Jacksonville and starred at the University of Florida.

“It’s his town, man,” Jones-Drew said Wednesday morning on a conference call with Denver reporters. “It’s going to be exciting for him.”

More: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/08/jacksonville-tebows-town-says-jones-drew/5088/

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Related to Tim Tebow is good, bad

DENVER -- "To the best of her knowledge, the only physical resemblance is her bright blue eyes.

But when you live in Colorado and are a Tebow, it's all about the name. And that's more than enough to get you noticed -- whether you're at an OfficeMax buying back-to-school supplies for two daughters or checking into a hotel on a business trip.

"It's been overwhelming," fourth-cousin Michelle Tebow, 37, Colorado Springs, said of all the attention since the Denver Broncos drafted the former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback in April."

More: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5563117

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
All that buzz over Timmy and he only played, what, two downs? I didn't see the game, but from what I could hear and read, it just seems that either a) Denver's playbook cannot accommodate both Orton and Tebow playing styles or b) Denver couldn't keep the game competitive enough to risk playing more of the rookie Tebow. Any thoughts on this? I'm not complaining, but I had hoped for maybe five downs of Timmy, maybe three running and two passing.

mjfan23

VIP Member
I just think Orton is there guy this year. Nothing against Tebow or Orton. They have there starter and there going to go with him. Only way I see Tebow getting time is in situational plays, which might be a few a game...

Escambia94

I just think Orton is there guy this year. Nothing against Tebow or Orton. They have there starter and there going to go with him. Only way I see Tebow getting time is in situational plays, which might be a few a game...

Not only is Orton their guy next year--he signed an extension for next year. The benefits of starting Tebow would need to exceed the cost of that extension in order to change things around. What I did expect is that they would use that 1st rounder at least five plays in the first game, and work up from there.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow makes NFL debut in Jacksonville vs. Jaguars

JACKSONVILLE -- "It was more about the pregame than the game for Tebow-palooza at EverBank Field on Sunday.

With only the second sell-out crowd in two years watching, Tim Tebow saw only three plays of football, all in the first half as Jacksonville beat Denver 24-17.

"It's cool. I was pretty excited to be back here and see my family and everything," Tebow said."

More: http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100911/news/100919821

bilde

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Broncos coach: Don’t expect Tebow to sub for Orton

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — "Fans wishing to see more of Tim Tebow might get more of the same instead.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Monday that he’s not planning to use his raw rookie quarterback much differently than he did in his NFL debut Sunday, when the former Florida star was on the field for just three snaps in Denver’s 24-17 loss at Jacksonville.

The college football icon who grew up in Jacksonville entered on the third play and gained a yard on a quarterback keeper on first-and-10, something he’d do again in the second quarter after lining up once at wide receiver."

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100913/articles/100919744?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Escambia94

What happened to Tebow on Sunday where he was inactivated? The only time I saw him was on the Nike Boom! commercial with Ndamukong Suh.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tebow takes a big step backward.

Entering the regular season, Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow occupied the No. 2 spot on the depth chart, behind starter Kyle Orton and ahead of Brady Quinn. Per a league source, Tebow was under the impression that he'd be the top backup all year.

After only two games, Tebow fell to No. 3. Inactive for Sunday's game against the Colts, the elevation of Quinn prevented Tebow from entering the game before the fourth quarter, essentially eliminating the team's "Wild Horse" single-wing package. As it turns out, neither Quinn nor Tebow entered the game at all.

Following the 27-13 loss to Indy, Bronco coach Josh McDaniels downplayed the situation.

"Just made a decision after the week of practice," McDaniels said. "Brady had a good week and it wasn't anything about Tim -- we just felt like Brady was probably better equipped at this point to handle this style of game plan, the style of defense that they played. Again, they get very few reps anyways, but the reps that they get -- we felt more comfortable doing that."

Whether it's a one-time thing remains to be seen. The fact that Tebow believed he'd be the No. 2 guy all year makes the move surprising. The possibility that he'll stay at No. 3 shows just how far he has to go before he becomes the full-time starter.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
You Tuber of Tim's Nike Boom commercial w/ Ndamukong Suh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmR4mbN3iZ8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
day300008.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow and the some players will wear pink cleats for the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness as they break them in during practice September 30, 2010 at Dove Valley.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow: A Different Kind Of Superstar

Today, fans can’t get enough of him. Teammates liken the craze surrounding Tebow to that of a rock star. Crowds line the practice fields and the stadiums where Tebow plays, hoping for a chance at an autograph. Even some reporters are unable contain their admiration.
Tebow has become the golden boy of the NFL. Some say he will revolutionize the game. Others hail him as the Broncos’ savior.
But what’s his draw?
For Tebow, football is life, but even more he understands that there’s more to life than just a game.
We knew that!
More HERE...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema