• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow: progress going fast

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — "Tim Tebow looked at his options, looked some more, and finally decided to squeeze it to his receiver in the corner of the end zone.

The window was closed. Rookie cornerback Perrish Cox easily intercepted Tebow’s pass during the red-zone drill in passing camp practice Thursday.

Even though Tebow was promoted, taking third-string quarterback snaps after being the fourth-stringer in every other open practice this month, the first-round pick still has a long way to develop."

Link: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100528/articles/100529447?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&tc=ar

bilde

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow gets extra work

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — "Tim Tebow received a sizable share of the snaps in passing camp Friday.

Just don't read too much into it. The Denver Broncos rookie quarterback isn't being handed the keys to the offense.

Not yet.

With starting quarterback Kyle Orton getting the day off and third-stringer Tom Brandstater being released Friday morning, Tebow and Brady Quinn were the only signal callers on the field.

Tebow definitely appreciated the extra work, looking sharp on out routes and a little shaky with throws across the middle."

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100604/articles/100609709?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

bilde

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow struggles during practice

"Tim Tebow isn't the first rookie quarterback to struggle a bit during an offseason camp practice. And it probably won't be his last poor practice.

But, the first-round pick's every move is being watched, and he was not very accurate today. Early in practice he missed receiver Alric Arnett, then a couple plays later threw way behind tight end Riar Geer. He had a pass tipped at the line that was intended to tight end Richard Quinn. A few plays later he missed badly to Quinn on a pass that hit the ground before it got to him. Tebow himself singled out another bad pass - a crossing route to open receiver Patrick Honeycutt that was behind Honeycutt and too low, and hit the ground.

Tebow continued to be a bit wild, missing some receivers by throwing behind or low or leading them too far. He did have some very nice throws, mostly on out routes - one of the toughest passes a quarterback can make. He had a fantastic throw to Arnett in the corner of the end zone that had great velocity. He called out a blitz at the line on one play, then calmly hit Arnett on a crossing route, showing he is starting to understand the offense a little."

More: http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/04/tebow-struggles-during-practice/2683/

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Broncos veterans Brian Dawkins, Jarvis Moss rave about Tim Tebow’s work ethic

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – "Tim Tebow is in a tricky spot now with the Denver Broncos. He came here with plenty of hype – you may have heard that he won a couple of national championships and a Heisman Trophy with the Florida Gators, while also serving as a pretty good guy off the field – but the Superman’s “S” he wore on his chest has now been replaced by a giant bull’s eye.

Who wouldn’t want to knock The Great Tebow down a peg? Who doesn’t relish the opportunity to intercept one of his passes, or get a good lick on him in practice, or prove that Tebow cares more about fame than NFL success?

But his new Denver teammates have noticed something about their new quarterback — Tebow may be a professional now, with an agent and several endorsement deals and a multi-million dollar contract on the way, but one thing he has brought with him from Gainesville is his work ethic."

More: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2010/06/11/broncos-veterans-brian-dawkins-jarvis-moss-rave-about-tim-tebows-work-ethic/

tebow-throw-broncos-minicamp.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Ben Volin: 1-on-1 with Tim Tebow

"Tim Tebow is a busy man.

Arrive at the Denver Broncos’ training facility and lift weights before dawn. Team and quarterback meetings starting at 8:30 a.m. sharp. Two hours of practice. Squeeze in a quick lunch. Two more hours of offense and position meetings. An hour-plus of throwing drills. Hit the training room for therapy.

And squeeze in a few one-on-one interviews in the process. Friday, the first day of the Broncos’ three-day mini-camp, Tebow conducted interviews with ESPN TV, ESPN.com and TSN Canada after practice. Fortunately, he also squeezed in a little time for this humble reporter from Florida."

Read the interview here: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2010/06/12/1-on-1-with-tim-tebow/

tebow.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow, Quinn in mix for Broncos starting QB spot

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — "The endorsement of Kyle Orton as his starting quarterback maybe wasn't as emphatic this time around.

Still, Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels insisted Saturday after minicamp that Orton will be his guy heading into training camp.

From there, the competition is open as Brady Quinn and rookie Tim Tebow will have an opportunity to win the job."

Link: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100612/NEWS/100619788/1136?Title=Tebow-Quinn-in-mix-for-Broncos-starting-QB-spot

bilde

AK Gator

Gator Fan
It's really not a shock to see Orton tabbed as the starter because more than anything else, he needs wins. The collapse the Broncos went through last season is still leaving a sour taste in the mouths of the fans and I'm not too sure they'd be thrilled to watch the growing pains of Quinn or Tebow right away. I think Orton will get a fairly long leash and that we won't see Quinn unless there is an injury and we won't see Tebow getting serious playing time unless the playoffs are ruled mathematically impossible. Either way, I don't see Orton on the team beyond this season.

Sptsfan22

Gator Fan
Coach McD says that as of right now, Orton will be the starting QB. I agree with this choice completely. You need to go with the experienced QB who had a pretty good season last year. "We've got a guy who's going to go into camp as the starter, no question about it and he deserves it." - Coach McDaniels. As I agree with this choice, it is only a matter of time before Orton slips and its Tebow's time to shine. This article by USA Today explains more on this topic.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/josh-mcdaniels-no-doubt-that-kyle-orton-is-denver-broncos-starting-qb/1

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Broncos’ Bailey impressed by Tebow’s dedication

"Denver Broncos veteran cornerback Champ Bailey may not have the responsibility of choosing his team’s starting quarterback, but he knows plenty about signal callers after facing them in the NFL for 11 years and bringing in 46 interceptions while defending 107 passes. As a Broncos team leader and future Hall of Famer who has faced some of the best passers in the game, Bailey’s glowing impressions and early evaluations of former Florida Gators QB Tim Tebow hold a lot of water.

“See that?” Bailey asked while watching Tebow get in extra practice on his own a few fields away. “That’s Tebow. It’s long after practice and he’s still out there. That’s what he does. That’s not for show. He’s not just doing that because the media is here today. He does that every day.”

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/#ixzz0qr82jp7t

tebow-ota-broncos.jpg

AK Gator

Gator Fan
We all know that Tebow has the attitude and work ethic to do everything he needs to do to succeed in the NFL. The Bronco organization is also highly invested in getting him to progress to where he needs to be to succeed, all the way from the huge investment to get him on draft day, to the time they're spending on his training, to the reputation of their head coach among the fan base. Everything is in place for Tebow, he just needs enough time to get there before too much pressure is thrown on his shoulders.

I hope he doesn't have to start until next season to be honest with you. It would give all of the Tebow Hate to die down because he won't be headline news every single week for over a year so everyone who jumped on the bandwagon of hating him will have found some other fad to get behind. Plus it will give him ample time to sit back to learn and adjust to the game. Lastly, it gives the Broncos one more year to get their receivers a little more seasoned and a whole new draft to improve the team. Regardless, once he is announced to be under center I'll be tuning in to NFL Gameday to watch every snap.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The latest progress report on Tim Tebow

"The Adventures of Tim In Wonderland have just added another chapter in Denver with the completion of the Broncos’ first official, mandatory mini-camp. And Tim Tebow, among the March Hares and Mad Hatters and Wicked Queens and, of course, at The T Party, continues to survive and impress.

Long after the other quarterbacks leave the practice field, Tebow works on with receivers, ball boys, anybody willing to catch a pass. The hitch in his passing motion has been changed (corrected) successfully. (Coach Josh McDaniels told me weeks ago that the throwing technique before wasn’t the issue, as much as what it did to the right side of his body, leaving it in poor position to follow through accurately.)

Tebow has learned all the parts of the playbook he has been given. He told me the other day that the biggest issue for him now “is playing faster. The game on the NFL level moves so much faster, and I’ve got to catch up to it.’’

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/footbal...ogress_report_on_tim_tebow/9366#ixzz0rU54OLPc

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I'll take McDaniels at his word on Tebow's progress up to this point, but if his biggest issue left is just getting up to NFL game speed then Tebow has definitely made a great deal of progress in a fairly short amount of time. I'm looking forward to seeing him get closer and closer to being game ready over the course of this summer and the coming season. I'm also looking forward to see what his reaction is like when he takes the field in Jacksonville. If he were starting I'd already have secured some tickets to that game. As it stands, DEN/JAX player introductions is now quite high on my list of Week 1 must see events.

Sptsfan22

Gator Fan
I'll take McDaniels at his word on Tebow's progress up to this point, but if his biggest issue left is just getting up to NFL game speed then Tebow has definitely made a great deal of progress in a fairly short amount of time.

I agree with this completely. Tebow has a lot to live up to but he of all people are definately capable of making this transition quickly and effectively. I can't wait untill the season starts and he proves all the haters wrong. GO TEBOW!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Brady Quinn heaps praise on Tim Tebow

"Brady Quinn's roller-coaster career continued into the 2010 offseason. Traded out of a bad situation in Cleveland, he landed in a potentially good situation in Denver, as the backup to a so-so starter to whom the Broncos have yet to make a long-term commitment.

Then came the draft. When the Broncos traded down to the 22nd overall pick, rumors ran rampant that the team had targeted Tim Tebow in the same position in which Quinn had been drafted three years earlier.

Then, just as it appeared that the Broncos would take Tebow, they opted instead for receiver Demaryius Thomas. And so just as Quinn was starting to exhale, the Broncos shot back into the first round, just like the Browns did three years earlier.

And they took Tebow."

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/22/brady-quinn-heaps-praise-on-tim-tebow/

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I've never been a Notre Dame fan, so when Quinn was the face of the Irish's one season return to prominence I never really cared for him or felt too impressed with his play. I certainly felt badly for him as he sat stuck in the draft room for hours on end, and there's no reason to be happy that playing for his dream team fell apart with such a resounding thud. None the less, I'll just say that I will welcome him to remain on the team as an eager back up to #15.

I see Quinn's role as being drastically changed by the drafting of Tim Tebow...well that sounds really obvious, so hear me out. Before draft day the depth chart was Orton, Quinn, and Brandstater with Orton as the incumbent starter for 2010 who most likely would be moving on after the end of the season. Quinn was the young gun getting a chance at a career revival who was brought in to push the starter and prepare to take the team over in due time, while Brandstater was the complete project there to be examined to see what he had to offer. In comes Tebow, however, and Orton's job remains the same, though with more signs leading to him leaving after 2010 and Quinn as the guy to play #2 in '10 and then take over at the start of 2011. Tebow rendered Brandstater as irrelevant as there isn't room for two projects in the same QB depth chart.

Looking forward to the next two seasons I view Brady Quinn as being pegged as the #1 for 2011 with Tebow as the hot handed #2 just waiting for a chance to play. The front office will give Quinn a relatively short leash - especially with prediction highly mixed about what the Broncos can expect this season - and will likely, depending on when it is, have Tebow prepared to be promoted by the bye week. After that he'll have the remainder of the 2011 season and likely all of the 2012 season to prove what he has.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Timmy speaks at the 2010 NFL Rookie Symposium:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmVcz4nEKw&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow's busy offseason all about proving his doubters wrong

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- "If Tim Tebow is wearing any sort of chip on his shoulder, he does an excellent job of hiding it.

Tebow has been all smiles during the NFL Rookie Symposium this week. He isn't showing an ounce of resentment toward the many critics who insisted before last April's draft that the former University of Florida star couldn't succeed as a quarterback in the league -- or who called the Denver Broncos crazy for making him a first-round pick.

But don't mistake Tebow's pleasant demeanor for a lack of fire. His focus through the offseason has been to do everything possible to allow himself to reward Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders for their decision to select him much higher than anticipated. When the time comes for him to take the field as a quarterback (not a tight end or a running back or some other position that the skeptics said he would be more qualified to play), Tebow intends to deliver.

He'll take the same mission into training camp late next month."

More: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d818e3bf1/article/tebows-busy-offseason-all-about-proving-his-doubters-wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema