• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not a Patriots fan--but wasn't a Broncos fan either--and, just as I was essentially an ANTI-Elway guy, so I've been a NON-fan of Belichik (albeit for a different set of reasons entirely--and he HAS slowly earned my grudging respect as a coach over the years--tho' I STILL "just don't LIKE the guy", for whatever that's worth), the real points are (1) I AM a TEBOW-fan, always will be, and (2) This lines up well in so many ways as far as a "best case scenario" for TT given everything that's come before it--so much so that I don't even feel like working thru' the long list of ways it helps, protects and puts him in the best position for future success, especially when you factor McDaniels into the mix...Best of all of those points, though, I think, is that he was BROUGHT IN AS A QB, that's what he's there for--PERIOD, Belichik has and WILL shut down any talk otherwise from the media idiots, if asked, and in this way and others TT is for the 1st time in awhile "protected", shielded from a great deal of the yapping ignorance and general stupidity of ill-qualified, self-proclaimed "experts". He's the honest-to-goodness back-up to Tom Brady, that's the idea pure and simple, a good place to be for him now while he refocuses and gets comfortable there, gets a chance to fit in--and don't think Belichik and Co. aren't considering and preparing for any kind of situations where his "special" skills might be employed in certain situations to gain an edge at some crucial point in a game, even with a healthy Brady. They could do that sort of thing without raising any internal controversy on that team (though the media'll have a fit the day that happens, no matter what).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am a Gator fan, so I follow teams that have Gators. The Patriots have become Gainesville North, so I will be watching them from time to time, even if Timmy does not see the field.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
One thing I like about this situation is that Tim can finally be in a place where he isn't the biggest name, and therefore the owner of the biggest microscope. If your name isn't Tom Brady, then hey - you're just a dude on the team who exists to help the team win. Even a basketcase like Randy Moss was put in his place on the Patriots. Belichek knows exactly on which side his bread is buttered, and it's not anyone except Mr Brady.

This will help Tim just focus on being a QB who is learning from one of the best, in one of the best systems in the NFL. There aren't likely to be any fans clamouring for the coach to make him the starter, and no matter how much success he has coming in relief, he's not going to generate a single note of controversy that anyone's going to take seriously. The upside for Tim is HUGE in this case.

Now, would I have preferred he go to, say, the Packers (who also run a spread-option offense)? Of course. But as a Tebow fan, I can't argue that this is a bad place for him.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Patriots do run an offense that is very similar to the spread portions of the Urban Meyer spread-option, so this could be a nice place for Timmy. Tebow's problem is that non-spread offenses force him to throw where he cannot see the target. The Patriots use their TEs like spread WRs (the QB can see the target), so Timmy will find them open all day, but will have some time to learn how to throw to the traditional WRs that he cannot see (anticipate an open spot on the field).

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema