• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week Five: Road Test

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
INT! Finally, D steps UP!
Taylor rips off a nice one. Let's just drive it IN. Get this thing under control.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Eventually, Grier will HIT that one regularly...he's making a lot of the other throws by now...
New guy, in for Harden, misses it. What a waste.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Noe THAT last sequence really worries me. GOTTA cash that INT plus ensuing drive in for SOME points. This just lifts their spirits, even if they do little more with it.
We need to somehow get it back, get it going again, get some points before the half after all.
Mizzou might just try and get outta the half like this.
There's the danger for em if they don't. Now they throw or give it back with a short field for us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: led than 2 min left, our ball. Go back to steady driving, or go long?
Ways to go, but I say keep it mixed, med throws and Taylor runs...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, now they HAVE to throw it. If they have at least one TO, tho, they can use the middle of field.
Has to be pretty long side of "medium", tho...
One more play now (uh, not long enough, that last one). And no Harden, who CAN hit the long ones...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, no matter what happens, we've left atbleast 6 pts on the field so fat. Hope it don't haunt us...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hail Mary...
...aaaaasand...no.
Gonna have to settle for 14-3 at the half.
Now, the GOOD news is that make no mistake, Coach Mac will HAVE their attention--in the locker room, AND back home, even if they WIN.
(Lol, Mac just hinted as much in quick on-field interview on way off: "Didn't come out with much fire...we'll have to talk about that inside...". Do I even have to mention the difference between this fellow and "the last guy"? There it is, right there. He doesn't glower, freak, or blow smoke up anyone's ass; he tells ya straight and gets to WORK. Love to play for a guy like that.)

miltongator

Gator Fan
Hail Mary...
...aaaaasand...no.
Gonna have to settle for 14-3 at the half.
Now, the GOOD news is that make no mistake, Coach Mac will HAVE their attention--in the locker room, AND back home, even if they WIN.
(Lol, Mac just hinted as much in quick on-field interview on way off: "Didn't come out with much fire...we'll have to talk about that inside...". Do I even have to mention the difference between this fellow and "the last guy"? There it is, right there. He doesn't glower, freak, or blow smoke up anyone's ass; he tells ya straight and gets to WORK. Love to play for a guy like that.)
Can ya kick?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
On a side note, I figured out what happened to our other kicker, Danny Krysalka. I did not realize he died six months ago when his friend accidentally shot him while showing him his new gun.

So, yeah, we have no depth at kicker. The one we have now is a walk on.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NOT gonna look ahead. NOT gonna even consider, let alone discuss, where all this fits in the larger scheme of things. BUT...
Look, you just can't get and/or stay "up" the whole season. Even once you hit the heart of your schedule, there is "ebb and flow". HAS to be. But we'll speak about THAT "if and when"...
For now, "C'mon, guys! Tighten it UP! You are in DANGER here...Let's take this thing AWAY from them, shut the door, shut up the crowd and go home."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can ya kick?
I wish...'course, I should still have eligibility.
Ya know, along those lines, AND the (only half-joking) wondering bout our soccer team, etc., I have long wondered why more programs don't look into giving scholarships to rugby or Australian-rules players, who routinely kick a larger, heavier ball off the turf, on the run, with guys hangin off of em--and then go smack the crap out of whomever fields it, not even wearing pads. Ya think there might be a place for one of em on OUR team???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
On a side note, I figured out what happened to our other kicker, Danny Krysalka. I did not realize he died six months ago when his friend accidentally shot him while showing him his new gun.

So, yeah, we have no depth at kicker. The one we have now is a walk on.
Thats terrible! I didn't know about that. I remember him, wondered where he was, thought he'd transfered or graduated...
Hell, ours is a "problem". That's real tragedy, obviously.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, we're back. Got em in 3rd and long already...
Punting time on the 3and out.
C'mon, O. Jam it down their throats:Let's disabuse them of ANY hope right here, right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema