• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week Five: Road Test

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...And this IS a "test", in a way that none of us could foresee coming INTO the season:
We are about to find out how "real" this "arrival", this "Gator ReVIVAL", is.
As I mentioned in my comment over on the "This One Worries Me" thread, ALL of this comes way ahead of schecule, far as MY expectations were concerned. May be the most complete and effective demonstration of how much difference "good coaching" can make, at least at the college level, as anything I have ever seen. No shit.
Superstition keeps me from elaborating greatly here, requiring as it might my discussing what's ahead and "what could be" as a result of what we are starting to see now...For now, suffice it to say that I feel it is best, for the sake of both MY sense of "balance", and coincidentally that of the TEAM, that we ALL just "take it one game at a time"!
Gotta believe that's EXACTLY how Coach Mac is trying to get his guys aimed and focused. He knows, we ALL know these young men are hearing/seeing it everywhere, how "good" they are suddenly, their supposed "ranking"--no matter how meaningless all that is, at least as to what it'll mean later, it's out there and it changes things.
Mac and Co. have to find ways to offset a good bit of that, keep them insular, mistrustful of the sudden attention. Keep that chip-on-the-shoulder, "us-against-the-world" thing against all the strokes coming from people "out there" who didn't even give them the slightest THOUGHT, except as victims, the next "important" team's next victory, until last few days, basically.
Thing is, I TRUST this staff, in every way. Clearly, they are HANDLING all that so far. That feeling is one I have only had a few times through the years. So believe me, there's a lot that comes to mind--but whether superstition or good, sound practical thinking, the "one-at-a-time" mantra overides everything, far as I'm concerned. I will say this much:
"We'll be READY." That's the overall feeling I get now around this team. I don't KNOW, for a fact, that that is so, but it's the feeling I get, even from way out here. Am I crazy, or do y'all feel it too?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey guys due to a job transfer have to work Saturdays , so I always watch the game when I get home at midnight. Miss chatting during the game with you guys and am so pumped how the season is going. Go gators!!!
Miss ya, man. Jump in later, once you've watched it--or maybe start at "top" when you watch, and follow along? (Naw...Don't think I'd have the patience or self-control not to jump ahead, either!)
Well, might not be TOO big a delay on these night games. Regardless, do what ya can.
Go Gators! Eat 'em up!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Way some of these SEC games go (I'm watching Ga/Tenn right now), who can tell how it'll go?
Be nice if we could just go in there and "hold serve" here, though.
Damn--just when I thought I was developing a balanced, "realistic" approach to the season, and this game in particular.
(Whining) "I don't WANNA havta start worrying all game again!!!" Lol

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Looks like Georgia will lose to Tennessee, 38-31. That puts Florida in the driver's seat for the East as long as they do not get stupid today.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, here we go. Really NOT looking for a "learning experience" here. Let's go get a big win.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oof--rushed him into missing WIDE open guy...3rd down...and Kelvin slips out again.
This offense looks CONFIDENT. Can see why Mac grabbed the ball first after winning toss.
Late hit! Yeah, cal!ed it on 'em, 1st and goal...

miltongator

Gator Fan
Got two computers going, one with the broadcast, 3 TV's and an internet radio. Won't miss a play even on my way to the bathroom. LOL

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Why not keep Hardin kicking off? That he did well...New guy just gave em field pos.
Now the D is immed on heels. Looks like SHIT--they're gonna score quick n easy, looks like (espec if we can't grab the int in our hands. Hrrecomes a big 3rd down...no good! OK, gave up big chunks then toughened up.
O marches again,D rests while coaches ride their asses, they come back ready to PLAY next time out!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Got two computers going, one with the broadcast, 3 TV's and an internet radio. Won't miss a play even on my way to the bathroom. LOL
Good job! I only got the wide screen, two computers and the phone...
Meanwhile, Powell an ankle-tackle away from breaking one. But ensuing "drive" not materializing. Got into 3rd and long. Up to defense this time.

miltongator

Gator Fan
D holds and we get the ball back. Need to get something done this time. Only worrisome thing was how much time we gave their QB on that last pass attempt.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They've got us off balance, give em that. Still think we're more talented, overall--but they have a good plan and so far have to be pretty pleased with themselves. WE need to drive on em again, begin to both confuse them AND wear them down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D holds and we get the ball back. Need to get something done this time. Only worrisome thing was how much time we gave their QB on that last pass attempt.
You're right. That's what I mean about keeping us "off balance". We need to put them in a hole on the scoreboard-- that'll mess with their plan.
We are driving again.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...THOUGHT I saw a facemask there--but I'm so used to us NOT getting those calls...
Taylor gets free! Nice run!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez, this offense is deceptively SMOOTH. Another TD, and a STRONG statement along lines of, "We can do this all night!", I think.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
14-3, and I really don't feel either squad, O or D, has hit its stride yet. I may SMILE soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema