• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thread: Florida @ Georgia - 10/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

awebbf5

VIP Member
georgia just took all the momentum in to the half, u know i try to stay positive but lets use rainey and demps on special teams only, put gillislee in to be a real rb! our secondary is young so not to much to say but growing pains i guess.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm gonna have to turn this off, my friends--this is a BAD Gator team, that's all. It just tears me UP watching them do good things, then squander them. Georgia is mediocre; WE are a talented BAD TEAM.
I'll peek in later on, I suppose, but I just can't watch our continued and inevitable demise. It isn't ABOUT talent, or scheme, or even execution (though all have suffered): it's about that lack of character that I've been going on about the last month or so. I don't know what else I expected, given that reality--I guess I hoped that maybe with JB back we'd rise above our bumbling carelessness and poor execution and endless stupid ill-timed penalties and all the rest, at least for a half and maybe get a lead that our "D" could hold onto--I think we'd missed that mark by a TD or so anyway, but with THEM playing so badly maybe we could have stayed "in their heads" and gotten this done, but not now, not THIS team. They just trudged off with their heads down while the team down a TD ran off patting themselves on the back.
What do YOU think the 2nd half will look like? I'd prefer to just hurt once at the final score than to suffer through another "death by a thousand cuts".

awebbf5

VIP Member
I'm gonna have to turn this off, my friends--this is a BAD Gator team, that's all. It just tears me UP watching them do good things, then squander them. Georgia is mediocre; WE are a talented BAD TEAM.
I'll peek in later on, I suppose, but I just can't watch our continued and inevitable demise. It isn't ABOUT talent, or scheme, or even execution (though all have suffered): it's about that lack of character that I've been going on about the last month or so. I don't know what else I expected, given that reality--I guess I hoped that maybe with JB back we'd rise above our bumbling carelessness and poor execution and endless stupid ill-timed penalties and all the rest, at least for a half and maybe get a lead that our "D" could hold onto--I think we'd missed that mark by a TD or so anyway, but with THEM playing so badly maybe we could have stayed "in their heads" and gotten this done, but not now, not THIS team. They just trudged off with their heads down while the team down a TD ran off patting themselves on the back.
What do YOU think the 2nd half will look like? I'd prefer to just hurt once at the final score than to suffer through another "death by a thousand cuts".
gotta keep the faith dru, were still very much in this game shoot we got the lead better than usual, cant quit on em.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I feel like it's them that quit on US...but I hear you, aweb. It just really hurts, that's all. I WANT to believe, hang in there, but I am so afraid of having to suffer thru' what I already see in front of us, have seen before all too often the last season-and-a-half--and end up feeling like a fool and a SUCKER on top of everything else.
I know we'll be great again (Remember what it felt like to have quiet pride and CONFIDENCE in our Gators?), and I won't just desert them until it's time to "jump on the bandwagon" again, but this is just too hard to witness first hand week-after-week. I purposefully set up my fall-schedule to have Saturdays free, arranged my cellphone equipment and service to insure that I got the Gator games no matter where I was and/or what I was doing, and I will continue to do both the rest of this year, next year and beyond, regardless. But sometimes it just gets to be enough, and this may be one of those times: I have to back off for a while, at least.
I hope I am wrong, that they will somehow pull it together and win the 2nd half--I won't be able to stay away THAT long, I suspect (it's turned off now, at my place, I'm just answering your post), but either way, I'll find out all-at-once later in the game.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Its official the black cloud and injury bug share the same address in gainesville, rainey hurt, demps not 100 percent, maybe some gillislee and mack brown?
What we really need is a better coaching staff. We have to be the worst coached team in the SEC

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I peaked--and I'm sorry. See what I mean? "Just good enough to break your heart".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...And this is NOT Muschamp's fault. I feel SORRY for him--NO ONE, not even us who have been watching them closely for years, knew how bad the problems were at the heart of this team. It still boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema