• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game day: Florida vs. New Mexico State

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lol...Guys at SEC Net saying ""Well, it IS New Mexico State", to which Chris Doering quickly reminds 'em, "Well, remember, we LOST to Ga. Southern coupla seasons back..." NOTHING was certain under Muschamp-and-pick-a-chump-at-OC!

miltongator

Gator Fan
Want pro style? Go with Will. Want read option? Go with Treon. They both are looking like they have upsides.
Finally some fun back in Gatorland! I'm lovin' it so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't be TOO unhappy with way things are progressing here: Swamp is as electrified at half as I can remember since, oh, well around 2009, like you noted Lf.
Now, I also agree about the defense not being as tight as we might expect, but really, except for a give-em-new-life-deep turnover, and an amazing gamble-play/great catch, we'd still have a shut out...Only part that really concerns me is seeing Hargreaves letting a WR get behind him two plays in a row--and I gotta feeling HE'll be more pissed bout it than ANYONE. That's one Gator I doubt we need to worry unduly about.
And @miltongator, : You're right, both QBs have their particular strengths and place in the offense--and you can play off that, the skills unexpectedly overlapping, allowing you to switch up, bluff 'em into making big mistakes if you play either one "to form"...Mac may have something special in the "two-headed monster" set--but I still gotta feeling he'd like to see Grier SEIZE the job, ultimately...
Meanwhile, the D seems to have woken up some.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, Grier gets the nod to start the 2nd half. Can't fault Harris: I mean, he was PERFECT, stats-wise.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Really wanna see McGee get lots of touches, have a great year. Deserves it, after everything.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's where TREON would a been better--wouldn't have TRIPPED, gotten the first down (lol). Well, we settle for 3 instead. In this early version of Gatorball, circa '15, that's a "let down". Hopefully this'll be one of the last times I even note this, but under Muschamp, it was a matter of "Well, at least we got some POINTS", no matter WHO we were playing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Have you noticed? Hardin's damn near kicked it thru' the crossbars on every kickoff!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Happened AGAIN! every time I leave the room for a series, Gators score a TD...Not that I consider myself superstitious or anything--but I'll have to remember that, come a close one...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Defense coming on now...Treon's gonnacome back now, ram it down their throats--'til he gets a chance to call an audible, throw a long one himself...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Treon finally misses a receiver--sorta...I mean, he almost digs it out. Next week against E Carolina oughtta tell us a lot here. Both QBs have generally been VERY sharp, obviously.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I DO see Treon's main weakness: He can dance away from guys, beat a good rush, but he doesn't have Grier's timing or placement once he's on the run--which is a damn shame, 'cause he makes good rushers miss, and if he could THROW it accurately on the run from there, he'd be tearing it UP, I think. As it is, well, it may well end up making the difference as far as Grier eventually taking the starting role for good, I'm thinking.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I mentioned that E Carolina game...SEC guys are hyping the UK game in a coupla weeks, of course, since it's scheduled for the Network, but the 'Cats ate struggling, tied late against UL Lafayette (!)...OK, yep, they've been grabbing some good recruits, at least more "better ones" than they're used to getting it seems--but I think we can give 'em a bit of a stronger "test" than they're having so much difficulty with t'nite. It IS at their place, and after LAST year's controversy, well...
OUCH! Treon gets blindsided AND fallen on by TWO big-uglies...banged up his arm a bit, but he's up...THAT'S why it's good to have TWO decent QBs, obviously...oh! Close! Treon went for and almost hit the bomb at the sidekine, near the endzone...JUST missed.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
  • Amazing amount of time still left, for such a DONE game..Treon continues to come on again. And there's another TD. Wow. I forgot how this works, how this FEELS! Ahhh...been easing up on my drinking this summer (Dr's orders, damnit: temporary, I've been assured, but it's SUMMER, and it's Texas...), but I warned him there'd "be moments", and I do belive this is one: just slipped a Heiney from it's slot in that case-in-the-dark back there in the pantry, put it in the freezer--oughtta taste good by the time the final gun goes off SOMETIME tonight (this is fun--can't REMEMBER last time I was this relaxed in the 4th qrtr!

miltongator

Gator Fan
Hardin must have had some extra Gatorade before the game. This team seems to me to have a much better feel to it than we've had for several years. Can we keep it going?

miltongator

Gator Fan
  • Amazing amount of time still left, for such a DONE game..Treon continues to come on again. And there's another TD. Wow. I forgot how this works, how this FEELS! Ahhh...been easing up on my drinking this summer (Dr's orders, damnit: temporary, I've been assured, but it's SUMMER, and it's Texas...), but I warned him there'd "be moments", and I do belive this is one: just slipped a Heiney from it's slot in that case-in-the-dark back there in the pantry, put it in the freezer--oughtta taste good by the time the final gun goes off SOMETIME tonight (this is fun--can't REMEMBER last time I was this relaxed in the 4th qrtr!
Cheers!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I think we can take about as much "good stuff" from this one as we could a hoped for going in.
STILL don't know what it tells us about our SEASON, but it says good things about this team, where it is and where we're headed.
Look: I expect us to be somewhat "up'n'down" this year before it's over--how can it be otherwise? After all, we play an SEC SCHEDULE: There's just no WAY we are ready, in experience,depth or along the O-line (remember? We are young AND inexperienced AND thin there) to beat every elite SEC team we are scheduled to face. But we may well build towards beating one or two of 'em. I wouldn't have even THOUGHT that, let alone said it here, had we not shown all we showed here tonight. Still gonna be work getting 7 or 8 wins--but maybe that's not such a fantasy after all--and we may well be IN every game well into the 2nd half. That means disappointment and heartache--but it also means pride, thrills, and real BIG steps in the right direction. That is so much more, so much better than what we've had to endure last few years.
I think we ARE "on our way BACK", now, for real.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Pretty pleased, just got done watching the game, had to work tonight due to a job transfer. Missed chatting with you guys. I know it was new Mexico state but still I sae progression, and that was the main thing I wanted to see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema