• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Zook throws Illini fans under the bus

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
‘‘Sometimes I think as a university and as a group of fans, we shoot ourselves in the foot. The negative recruiting, it all stems from us, from our own people. Rather than getting behind the program, they want to start lambasting it.

‘‘The negative recruiting was the worst I’ve ever seen it this year. But a lot of that is our own people. There’s not enough people that believe this program can be where it can be. You’re changing attitudes. You’re changing beliefs. ‘There they go again. They can’t sustain it.’ When you go back and look at what’s happened the last 25 years, it’s going to take a tough son of a [gun] to get through that.

‘‘What you have to do is educate your players so they understand that’s part of it. Particularly when you have a bunch of young guys who have trouble handling it. They read the papers. The e-mails I’m getting, they’re probably getting the same things. Pretty soon it’s like, ‘Damn, does anybody care?’

But you have to fight through that stuff. They’re developing a little chip on their shoulder. They’re sick of hearing it. Which is good. They should be sick of hearing it. It’s our job to do something about it.’’

(Hey Zooker: If you haven't figured it out yet, chances are you never will.)

Link: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/2061283,ron-zook-disaster-season-022110.article

n169201429594_1626.jpg

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Here's another reason why his recruiting class was weak. They went 3-9 and most good players want to play for WINNERS. Man I can't wait for Zook to get the boot.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Here's another reason why his recruiting class was weak. They went 3-9 and most good players want to play for WINNERS. Man I can't wait for Zook to get the boot.

Plus, they want to play for a coach who won't let their talent go to waste. Zook may be able to reel them in, but he can't coach them up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema