• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You guys need a new O-Coordinator.

I would still keep Andruzzi as the O-line coach but I would prob hire someone from Notre Dame's staff. You have all the players capable for a down the field passing game.

id like to go back to fun and gun and power running

just look at the 96/97
team best gator team ever imo

3 awesome WR's(reidel anthony quezzy green and the beast ike hilliad) who would catch damn near any deep ball danny tossed to em and Freddy T runnin the rock

id like to go back to fun and gun and power running

just look at the 96/97
team best gator team ever imo

3 awesome WR's(reidel anthony quezzy green and the beast ike hilliad) who would catch damn near any deep ball danny tossed to em and Freddy T runnin the rock

You guys probably have the most speed out of any team in the SEC, there is no reason why there should be I-Form plays or the same short passing games. Should be going deep and often.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I don't think we need to go back to Fun-n-Gun. The spread-option works fine. Urban Meyer's version does not dictate run-first or pass-first--it just says to get the ball to the playmakers. Then again, the Fun-n-Gun worked very well with a strong running game (see Errict Rhett). I think around midseason after Alabama has crushed us, our passing game will wake up and we will see that the Urban Meyer spread-option is just as good as the Fun-n-Gun. One thing we learned from Alabama is that a team can line up in the spread (run or pass first) and the I, and still do well. We can do the same. Not only do we have some of the fastest players, but the most versatile and athletic. I just think there are some underlying locker room issues that we don't know about that are inhibiting performance.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I like the go deep to besides Brantley has an arm, let him use it.

Absolutely. Some sports announcer made the comment that this looked like the 1980s dink-and-dunk passing with Wayne Peace at quarterback. That was a good analogy. The spread offense is supposed to stretch the field, which it is obviously not doing. Saturday might be painful.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Just sayin.........

images

The Zooker

VIP Member
I think it's a legitimate topic to discuss. For now, Adazzio can get away with basic packages and still dominate the competition based on the pure athleticism of our players. But if you look back at Atlanta last year you can see that Adazzio clearly hurt the team's chances of winning that game. As soon as Tebow was set, Rolando McClain had Alabama's D lined up exactly where they needed to be to stop the play. Alabama knew exactly what Tebow was going to run every single play and knew exactly what to do to stop it. Furthermore, Adazzio did not adjust upon seeing this happen over and over again. He preferred to rely on our team's athleticism to break Alabama's will. But as we all saw, that never happened. Don't get me wrong, I love Adazzio as a person. He has done a lot for the program. But he simply is not an elite level offensive coordinator when you look at the facts objectively. As long as he is calling the shots, Saban has a huge advantage in controlling the SEC. As a fair compromise, I think Adazzio should remain Offensive Coordinator but Scott Loeffler should be calling the plays. We all saw what happened in the Sugar Bowl when Loeffler was allowed more input. BCS records were broken and the game was actually enjoyable to watch. Loeffler's play calling kept the defense reeling the entire game. While Adazzio would have called the same dive play 30 times and still won the game convincingly, Loeffler did it better with style and swagger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema