• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would Urban be OK if Billy D made more $$?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
What if Billy D ends up commanding more money from UF, which probably will happen considering the success of the program? And what if the salary he wants is more than Urban is getting?

Do you think Urban would be a little PO'ed if Billy was making more than him?

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Foley should just tell Urban "win a second national championship and we will but you back up as well" :)

In all honesty though, I think our coaches know that Foley is willing to pay them a salary that is competitive and will always treat them the way they should be treated.

In Urban I Trust

Bull Gator
i dont understand how people can be so concerned when they make over a million dollars a year. if they have problems with it, i can show them some people in gainesville or anyother city for that matter that would be more than happy to make 5% of their anual salary.

rawdog

VIP Member
Urban seems like more of a egomaniac than Billy, so I do think he is more concerned with money. Football is still king at UF and it brings in all the money. Urban should be paid more, but not by much.

Get It Fast

Gator Fan
unfortunately, i think Urban would get a little bit upset. i hate that though, since it isn't necessary. i want UF to pay billy donovan whatever it takes to keep him. after being with us for 10+ years, and taking us to 3 final fours and possibly back to back championships, i think billy deserves the raise a bit more than urban. now i'm not knocking urban and what he did this season, but let's see him win with tebow and his recruiting skills before we start giving him a raise. after all, the guy's salary did increase substantially after coming here from Utah. let's have him put in a few years. hopefully, he understands.

99G8R

Gator Fan
Urban seems like more of a egomaniac than Billy, so I do think he is more concerned with money. Football is still king at UF and it brings in all the money. Urban should be paid more, but not by much.

In all honesty, Donovan is more battle-proven than Urban and with experience comes $$$. But with the money being thrown around to the elite college footbal coaches in he NCAA I think the market forces Foley to pay Urban more given that he has had obvious success here in his own right.

They are both worth it. How could Foley justify not paying them top dollar?

I think these rumors are being kept alive by Donovan's agent to prop him up for negotioations after the tourney.

Swampman

VIP Member
Back up the Brinks truck cause we're going to be giving both our coaches truckloads of money. Not that it is really a bad thing though. Both of them deserve it. Billy has turned our bball program into one of the premier programs in the nation. He lands recruits that we would have never had a chance of getting 10 years ago. He deserves every dollar he makes. Plus he gives back to the community.

To be fair, I think they should both make the same salary. Football is still the top dog at UF, and Meyer already brought us one NC.

99G8R

Gator Fan
It would be penny wise and pound foolish for Foley not to keep the two of them around for a long, long time. In keeping Donovan around he has a real chance to turn us into an elite program for generations to come.

This is the same man who hired Ron Zook and fired Andy Lopez, but I have faith he will do the right thing in the best interest of the long term health of the program.

lilChomp

VIP Member
Mike Deroco of the Florida Times Union said he has heard from university insiders that UF is willing to pay Billy whatever it takes, even 3-4 mil a year. He also said that UF is prepared to give Urban a raise. But he made clear that UF has no problem paying Billy more than Urban.

BILLAGATOR

Gator Fan
I Think Both Coaches Deserve What They Get If Not More! They Bring Us To A Whole New Level With Their Knowlege Of The Game.. I'm Proud To Be A Part Of The Great Gator Nation . So Much I Can't Wait For The Start Of Each New Season.... Bring On The Orange And Blue Game , Then Let's Kick Off A New Year.. Hell Yeah I'm A Florida Gator , And Will Be For Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Well I just realized that Billy D made more than our football coach the entire time Zooker was coaching here, so it really shouldn't be a surprise should it happen again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema