• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wonder if Tebow would have been a better MLB player than a NFL player (so far)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I sure some of you read Tebow's book (I did). Before he came to Florida, his HS baseball coach wanted him to come back for the next semester so Tebow would play baseball in his senior year. He was a five tool player (power, speed, hit for average, good and accurate arm). I don't know if he would have drafted by the Royals as the number one but I sure he would have. Then again we're lucky he chose Florida over Bama and MLB. Any thoughts?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No. Tebow is a qb.
Meant to say the same thing when I saw the headline to this thread the other day...and he is starting to really show exactly why that is so. 2 and 1 as a starter for a team that couldn't find its own bum-crack up until 3 weeks ago (and, despite the media's obsessive "Blame Tebow" in the face of a whole team basically lying-down-on-the-job in the one loss last week, it is clear even to some of the formerly-unconvinced that #15 does get something more from them, and when they raise THEIR game, he comes through for them--not that this is any surprise to US).
As to Lf's "What if?", it's an interesting thought, but HE wanted to play football--and when TT takes off with the ball, when he's rallying his team down the field, I mean, it's one of those things that keeps us all WATCHING sports, right?

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
^couldn't have said it any better!!!! I'm so glad he pulled out that big win in Oakland to shut some people up. I get so pissed off when I hear people talk about tebow not being a good qb and it's all his fault for Denver's lack of everything.....

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wish you guys said this on the Tebow Watch thread, I'm trying of fighting E-94 by myself.
(laughing) E- himself goes back and forth on this question! I HAVE called him out on this, tho': I guess each of us is dealing with this weird season-of-frustration in different ways...
Meanwhile, there are signs that even media commentators are coming around, starting to note and balk at TT's unfair treatment and unimaginative use:
Just now on PTI both Kornheiser and Wilbon made the very points we are making here, that no QB, young or veteran, is held to the same ridiculous standard of responsibility that Tebow is (Tony K went so far as to say that no one is pinning all of New England's problems on Brady's 3 straight losses, to which Wilbon noted that Bradford continues to get complete support by everyone after SIX losses, while TT gets crucified after one loss and would likely be GONE after 3 straight, etc., etc.)--and they both concluded agreeing that this is a matter of a rigid, backward-looking football-old-boy-network once again being way behind the times in their view of what an "NFL Quarterback" looks and plays like, and that what it will take (and "what Tebow DESERVES") is a coach of guts, creativity and forward-thinking to "just say to hell with these supposed experts on the sidelines", and just go ahead and adapt his players and schemes to an offense that takes advantage of this kind of strong and mobile QB's unique skills and intuitive feel-for-the-game. I forget who said exactly which part of all that, but they were in full agreement on these points and I was happy to hear it (if somewhat surprised to finally hear it on ESPN, the home of many of the idiots--hello Merrill Hoge--who have carried out the aggressively hateful and often personal attacks on TT since Day 1).
However, lest we forget reality, where the status quo still rules, minutes later on Sportscenter, there was a clip of Little Johnie Elway trying to cover his discomfort ( you can just imagine him whining plaintively, "He was supposed to LOSE a bunch of games--and look BAD doing it!") and sound reasonable as he insisted that "Well, he is learning that when he does things the way we want him to, he is a lot more successful"--complete horsesh*t, of course: Tim was being TIM!--"...but of course it's week-to-week as to how we evaluate him and whether we leave him in there..." And in case anyone misses the point and implications of THAT statement, this was immediately followed by a "Mike and Mike" segment where Golic, that thick-headed, moronic suck-up to the whole ex-NFL-analyst-crowd, proceeds to focus on how BADLY Tebow played, "no accuracy except for a couple of decent passes that happened to be touchdowns, luckily for him", and how the NFL defenses will ADJUST to "that college stuff he does with the ball, and THAT won't work much longer..."
To be fair, the other "Mike" reminded him how Bob Griese had "sat right here a year ago and told us some coach needed to adapt a whole offense around Tebow, that HE would DO it, and insisted it would likely be successful", and that maybe we were all just now finally getting a glimpse of what he was talking about, but Golic was just shaking his head and smirking, couldn't WAIT to play the "I PLAYED pro-football and you didn't"-card.
Does anyone remember the old humor/satire show, SCTV? The whole thing was supposed to be this small-time rural TV-station: They had this one regular weekly routine with Dave Thomas and John Candy as these hick-farmer-analysts of everything in the media, and what they'd do is appear to blow famous people up, often in the middle of a recent clip of an announcement or some typical public behavior, and they'd comment on the actual effectiveness of the explosions: "He blowed up GOOD!"... "Yeah, he blowed up REAL good!"
THAT'S what I think about watching a LOT of these "experts" on sports TV.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema