• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will SOS be in Columbia after the 08 season?

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
I think this 2008 season will be Spurriers last year at South Carolina. Either I think he'll hang it up and retire to the golf course, or move to a new SEC school that has a better shot at winning, like Tennessee (as much as I'd hate to see that).

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Do you really think so?

Spurrier is driven by ego, not money...at least I've always thought so.

Agreed; the Ol' Ball Coach is one of the best out there - especially when it comes to gametime strategy - but his ego is one of his foibles. IMO he'll decide when it's time to finally call it a career and leave Columbia, but when that happens who knows. Besides, South Carolina gave him a contract extension not that long ago so there's a bit of an incentive for him to stay on there. Rumors were floating around that he wasn't too happy up there, but who knows if they were true or not.

suedon70

Gator Fan
Spurrier put SC Football on the map - unless they go 0-fer next year, he's there until he retires.....

I agree sbq and suedon and others. From what I have heard, which could be wrong, but the Ole Ball Coach will leave on his own conditions. He has complained about conditions at SC, so who knows? I cheer for Spurrier against all teams except us and times when he could hurt us getting to Atlanta.

sbq80

VIP Member
Hey I pull for him when they play UF.
Florida should win based on talent alone & they have more depth, so if USC wins than I say Spurrier out coached Meyer.

GOG8RS

Gator Fan
I will admit that is a hard pill to swallow. I want Spurrier to be successful, but not at Meyer's expense.

I agree...and the wife is a Clemson grad, so that's a 10-2 season for Spurrier for me. However...when he took the SC job Clemson folks put out a t-shirt that said something to the effect of "University of South Carolina...Where Legends Go to Die". Below that was tomb stones with the names of some of their legendary coaches and the years it took them to get out of town cause they couldn't bring their glory with them. I hated to see Spurrier on it, but I'm thinking that there is a reason why Clemson fans created the shirt. South Carolina is a horrible football team. They will ALWAYS be a horrible football team. Mediocre at best. I wish Spurrier success, but I don't know that even he can make a good program out of it. Chickens just aren't fierce.

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
I think SOS will be at South Carolina for 3 more years. Frmo what I've heard is he loves living there. He's making a boat load of money doing what he loves. Why quit?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema