• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why I agree with Coach Muschamp's Offense

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Muschamp needs to be restricted to Defense. Let an offensive mind do its work and stop hampering and interfering. Pease is a proven quantity but currently he is being held back.
Amen! He is head coach. He can keep his defensive focus, and influence the defense, but he needs to let Brent Pease earn his paycheck. Right now I think I can coach the Gator offense by handing the QB two post-it notes that read "run the ball, A-gap" and "throw it to Patton or Burton".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amen! He is head coach. He can keep his defensive focus, and influence the defense, but he needs to let Brent Pease earn his paycheck. Right now I think I can coach the Gator offense by handing the QB two post-it notes that read "run the ball, A-gap" and "throw it to Patton or Burton".
Well, that about sums up our collective hopes, at any rate. I say "hopes", rather than "the whole deal", only because we aren't SURE that's the situation (ie. "Pease has the goods, he is just restrained by Muschamp.")--we are assuming it, as the simplest (and frankly most hopeful) explanation given the observable facts. I'm more than willing to join in this call, tho', 'cause it's a quicker, easier doable "fix" than bringing in a new OC and starting THAT process all over again. However, while I think it the reasonable "next step" attitude and response here, it has its own risks--mainly in potentially more wasted time, us waiting around to see this actually happen and then judging the results. How long do we give? At what point do we say, "It's not getting much better...", and will we be any closer to knowing where to place the blame(s)? This is all important, because at that point the question definitely becomes, "Who to fire?!!"

Will Muschamp really needs to kind of sit back and let the OC work, we cannot even score on a Pee Wee League team seriously.

I take my words back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will Muschamp really needs to kind of sit back and let the OC work, we cannot even score on a Pee Wee League team seriously.

I take my words back.
Yeah, I figured you had to be kinda "uncomfortable" with that title -with-your-name-attached at THIS point, Dale (lol)...Don't feel too badly: We've ALL been on this roller-coaster together, going thru' a host of thoughts, feelings and opinions--sometimes in just a few minutes in the course of a single QUARTER, let alone a whole season!

Escambia94

If we had last year's offense from 2012 and this version of Tyler Murphy in 2013 I might buy into this slow, plodding offense. Without a 2013 version of Gillislee and Reed, we have little hope even with Murphy's improvement. It would help to have the 2012 offensive line as well.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I just read this gem from Pease "I don't think we've reached the pinnacle of what we're really trying to achieve." DUH! Are we aiming for third from the last in the conference on O instead of our current next to last?!? OMG, with that pearl of wisdom, we are in more trouble than I thought.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Frankly, I'm so fed up with this offense, and the overall frustration of watching this edition of our "No Fun Gators", that I am just about to to my "shut down limit", when I (believe it or not) have little more to say until Gameday, when they either improve and begin to thrill me, or I say "F*ck It!" and move on. I really can't watch this much longer--and I am a guy who went to EVERY GAME in 1979, the "0-10-and-1" year!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Seeing a lot of bs in this thread, as stated above me, Pease is calling the plays and Muschamp is not "holding back" anything.

Brent Pease is our problem, if you do not understand this, you are oblivious to the football Florida is playing right now.

Escambia94

I was actually surprised to hear that any assclown on earth would claim this offense as his own, as if it were something to be proud of. Jerk!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was actually surprised to hear that any assclown on earth would claim this offense as his own, as if it were something to be proud of. Jerk!
Amazing, really--and by now a "confession", basically: Too bad he couldn't do the professional equivalent of what honorable leaders have done in military societies for centuries: Hari Kari, "falling-on-your-sword", there are so many examples...and, oh yeah, "taking one for the team"? But he won't do it, 'cause it isn't how it works nowadays in college football, where everyone makes the big money, the bigger the better--except of course the young men who actually play the game and upon whom the whole profitable enterprise is based. No, he'll take the money, not the blame, for as long as he is able--THAT is not just the job, but the CODE of the modern "coaching fraternity" of which he is a fortunate beneficiary. And if he IS fired, he'll continue to be paid to sit at home for the remaining length of the contract, unless he is offered another, AND chooses to take it. Yeah, the way "prode and honor" are fostered and rewarded in THIS system, you'd better get the right guy the first time--or at least by the THIRD!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema