• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who will Bradford throw on?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Who do you think Sam Bradford will try to throw on: Janoris Jenkins or Joe Haden? Bradford hasn't seen a pair of corner backs like these two all season. They have great speed and cover ability. His receivers won't be able to create separation like they do in the Big 12. Do you think Bradford will try to pick on a specific CB?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well I think he'll try to throw on Jenkins because he's a freshman. Though his top target I think is his tight end.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Oh I sure hope he picks on "Jack Rabbit"! He will be in for a big surprise. Speed and instinct to the ball. It'll be to his folly, of which I hope are many.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
Bradford doesnt need a receiver to have a lot of separation to make a throw. With all the people that claim to watch OU play every week on this board you would think that they would have actually seen some of the games this year. Just go back and watch the OSU game(for just one example) and you will see Bradford make throws between defenders in tight coverage all night. I think you guys are waaaaaaaay too sold on SEC defenses also. I think that the Florida defense MAY be the best that we have faced all year(may is the operative word) but Bradford will not be a 'deer in headlights' because he has never seen the super duper sub 4.1 speed of the SEC defenses before. You kidding yourselves if you think that the SEC defensive recruits have magically gotten faster than all the other recruits around the nation.

Bradford doesnt need a receiver to have a lot of separation to make a throw. With all the people that claim to watch OU play every week on this board you would think that they would have actually seen some of the games this year. Just go back and watch the OSU game(for just one example) and you will see Bradford make throws between defenders in tight coverage all night. I think you guys are waaaaaaaay too sold on SEC defenses also. I think that the Florida defense MAY be the best that we have faced all year(may is the operative word) but Bradford will not be a 'deer in headlights' because he has never seen the super duper sub 4.1 speed of the SEC defenses before. You kidding yourselves if you think that the SEC defensive recruits have magically gotten faster than all the other recruits around the nation.

No one said that it was a simple question that you took and made it as something we never said...yeah not very bright. I myself have a lot of respect for Bradford. He is one of the best right now. I think he will make throws but lets not think he is the very best because everyone can be beat oh wait he was Texas..so please Bradford can be beat, tebow can be beat, anyone can be beat on any giving Saturday. I know he will make plays and so will the gator defense so we'll see.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
No one said that it was a simple question that you took and made it as something we never said...yeah not very bright. I myself have a lot of respect for Bradford. He is one of the best right now. I think he will make throws but lets not think he is the very best because everyone can be beat oh wait he was Texas..so please Bradford can be beat, tebow can be beat, anyone can be beat on any giving Saturday. I know he will make plays and so will the gator defense so we'll see.

What the crap are you talking about??? One of the previous posters made a comment about bradford not having receivers that will 'get separation like they do in the Big XII.' My post was a response to that. I have no idea what your point is about Bradford and Tebow losing has anything to do with this thread.

Go back and read the other posts and you will understand. I just think it's crazy that in the SEC the offenses dont produce and that's because the Defenses are SUPER AWESOME but in the Big XII the offenses produce and it's because the defenses suck. Im not completely sold on the fact that the Big XII defenses dont suck, and Im sure as hell not sold on the SEC offenses being worth a crap(other than Florida) but Im willing to wait until after the bowl season to make my final decision.

What the crap are you talking about??? One of the previous posters made a comment about bradford not having receivers that will 'get separation like they do in the Big XII.' My post was a response to that. I have no idea what your point is about Bradford and Tebow losing has anything to do with this thread.

Go back and read the other posts and you will understand. I just think it's crazy that in the SEC the offenses dont produce and that's because the Defenses are SUPER AWESOME but in the Big XII the offenses produce and it's because the defenses suck. Im not completely sold on the fact that the Big XII defenses dont suck, and Im sure as hell not sold on the SEC offenses being worth a crap(other than Florida) but Im willing to wait until after the bowl season to make my final decision.

read what it said, it read Bradford don't need separation to throw the ball...Bradford is not super human sorry, I think he is a hell of a QB don't get me wrong and yes we wait until after bowl season to make any choice. AND you are one of the OU fans that have been respectful so know im not attacking you I promise

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan

Oh, Ye of little knowledge.

You speak of the Texas game has if Bradford lost the game for OU. This could not be further from being fact.

Bradford vs. Texas Defense:

28/39 387 yds 5 TDs 2 INTs.
Now before you go salivating...Both INTs were due to tipped balls, not bad throws from Bradford.

In fact, if you go back and look at his 6 INTs, all but maybe 1, touched the hands of the intended WR.

Also, his Passer rating shows he is the best. And the Heisman and O'Brien Awards back it up.
Every Draft board has him #1 or #2 Qb drafted. That speaks volumes for a kid that most likely will not leave after this year.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan

You speak of the Texas game has if Bradford lost the game for OU. This could not be further from being fact.

Now before you go salivating...Both INTs were due to tipped balls, not bad throws from Bradford.

In fact, if you go back and look at his 6 INTs, all but maybe 1, touched the hands of the intended WR.

Also, his Passer rating shows he is the best. And the Heisman and O'Brien Awards back it up.
Every Draft board has him #1 or #2 Qb drafted. That speaks volumes for a kid that most likely will not leave after this year.

One of the int's in the texass game was a hail Mary on the last play of the game.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
^^ I think you can say bye to Bradford after this year. Why would he come back?

1. His parents have made it clear they want him to complete his eligibility and get his degree before moving on.

2. He is not lacking in the financial aspect of life.

3. He is a 4.0 GPA type of student that wants to become a corporate attorney.

4. There are still plenty of things he needs to learn before going off to the NFL.

I would not be surprised if he left early, but it would definitely be within his best interest to stay at least one more year.

Let me ask you this: Name the last QB that left early for the NFL that has had a promising NFL career?

It very seldom to never happens. Sure some can come in and start but they do not last long. Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Mike Vick to name a few.

Staying at least four years in college has paid off for all the greats. Don't give me the soon to be rookie cap either. If he is worth his grain of salt in the NFL, his rookie salary will be replaced quickly and he will make the money he deserves. I just do not think the QB position is one where a player can depart early and have great success.

wait first off you can stop with your little dumb remarks, I was being nice. He is a good QB i never said he wasn't and he played almost as good as he could against Texas but HIS team lost last time I check if his team lost that kinda counted for him to ( and you call me the one of little knowledge ) so as I said before hes a good QB i would take him for my team any day is tebow wasn't around! He is the BEST QB out of the BIG 12 I promise you that

To respond to the thread title........Sam doesnt look for weaknesses in a defense. He looks for the open guy. Hes VERY good at checking off to open guys. Its really simple what Bradford does. If the O-line gives him time, Sam will pick florida apart. speed, schemes wont matter. If there is pressure on him, he is very capable of moving and throwing. Not saying you cant get pressure on Sam but if there is no pressure, you're done.

Sam nor Kevin Wilson (OC) have never really gameplanned around a teams weakest players. At least it has never looked like that this season. Sam and OU's offense has always taken what was given to them. Ok st tried really hard to disguise blitzes and schemes and it worked for almost 2 quarters. However, OU ended up scoring td's on all but 1 possession the entire 2nd half. Missouri looked like they tried too, but Sam figured it out before halftime. OU is capable of adjusting. not to say florida isnt, but thats where the chess game lies in football. Its whoever makes the right adjustments at the right time.

btw, i'm not comparing ok st or missouri to florida. just makin points that teams have tried different things and OU is capable of adjustments. I know florida is too, but the thread was about OU.

You are right, OU is good at adjusting to other teams weakness, although Florida is very good at that also. hints the bama game, we was supposed to be the high powered offense and they wanted to play tough physical football so we adjusted and played and beat them at their own game. As you said about not comparing I'm not comparing OU to bama in anyway just showing an example.

I didnt watch the entire UF-bama game, but I understand what you're saying. OU hasnt really had to change their entire offense in either direction this year. like you said, from high power to smash mouth. OU has pretty much done on offense whatever they wanted to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema