• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Which BCS bowl game do you want to watch?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Other then the National Championship game, which BCS Bowl are you looking forward to the most?

Orange Bowl - Va. tech vs. Cincinnati
Rose Bowl - USC vs. Penn State
Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs. utah
Fiesta Bowl - Texas vs. OSU

I will watch the Fiesta til texas is for sure winning. I'm not a conf guy. I hate texas. I hope they get beat down.

I will watch the Rose til usc (suc as we like to call them) is winning for sure. I hope Joe Pa can pecker slap those condom boys.

I'll watch the Sugar cause OU fans alway hope a boise, utah, tcu etc can win a bcs bowl so theyll stop talking about our flop in 06. They just wont let that one go. hell they brought it up on the selection show. friggin swedes.

dont care about the orange. i'll check the score the next days paper.

Even if Utah beats Alabama will never be a big as upset as Boise beating OU, Simply because it started a trend and now teams like Utah are not afraid of a team like Michigan or Alabama. Oklahoma talked trash to BSU the whole entire game and they did not back it up, I highly doubt Bama' will say anything on their interviews leading up to the game or on the field about the character of Utah... Something Oklahoma did the opposite and payed for it.

I dont recall a whole lot of jawing from OU in the boise game, but im not callin you a liar. OU made that comeback. they just lost to the ultimate prankster. trick plays was all boise had. thats why they went for two in the first overtime. they knew they couldnt hang once OU woke up. I still cant believe that defense fell for all the tricks they ran.

I know they'll always bring it up. Dont tell me you'd like hearing about it if florida gave up a game like that before OU did.

There were a few things during the game i remember the commentators saying and reading about it after, LOL if Florida lost to midmajor team i do not know what i'd say or act honestly.. I'd say i still love Florida.. haha it does suck.. I wonder how a real big MI fan felt about App State, Me being from Michigan and being quite a wolverine fan i can tell you our team was overly confident, Mike hart in particular he acted as if he is the teams spokesman, he was not even their best player. But i was not surprised to see us get ran over by Oregon, Honestly shocked about App State, but i felt we deserved it. Same as with the Ole Miss loss for us this year, It woke up a sleeping giant in our offense and has been the most dangerous since the week after that loss to Ole Miss.

yeah, i didnt read too much media after that boise game. I didnt want to hear or read about it. I'm sure there were some articles on the trash talkin. And michigan? wow. i'm still shocked at that one. I feel for ya on that one. you think boise really opened the door for those type teams in the bcs? I mean we have utah now. but think they'll ever get in a title game?

yeah, i didnt read too much media after that boise game. I didnt want to hear or read about it. I'm sure there were some articles on the trash talkin. And michigan? wow. i'm still shocked at that one. I feel for ya on that one. you think boise really opened the door for those type teams in the bcs? I mean we have utah now. but think they'll ever get in a title game?

I think the only way they can is if they beat at least a top 10 team at the end of the season. or 3 or more top 25 teams. even if a BCS team has 2 loses they would still play, I dont think its fair that a team like Boise can go 12-0 and play WAC teams and be considered better then a 12-1 Florida team, they did not even have a conference champ game. I hate the playoff, some conferences have a champ game some do not, Notre Dame skips all over the place. and a WAC team has no competition all year, for crying out loud a MAC team is better then a WAC team, I think Central Michigan could beat Boise, because if Central was in the wac they would go 12-0.

castawaygator

VIP Member
i am sure the loss to boise state was a bitter pill to swallow. sorry, but i have to say that game was one of the best games i have EVER seen!!!! i was not for one team or the other although my niece is attending OU.
tough loss for the sooners

unfortunately, i think this year will look like a repeat of the OU v WVU game.

sbq80

VIP Member
Rose Bowl - should be a great game, USC rolls
Fiesta - Texas wins big

Sugar - Boring
Orange - Even more boring

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

IMO there was no excuse for us losing to Michigan last year in the Cap One. It was stupid on Florida's part to go out to midfield and start talking trash pre-game, and the mistakes we made during the game told me that their heart wasn't really in it.

Percy Harvin made a comment post-game about our team unity that year, so there were obvious problems in our locker room. Luckily Coach Meyer addressed those in the off-season, and this year it shows.

As far as other BCS games, naturally I'll watch the Sugar Bowl. Since Coach Meyer came from Utah, I'm pulling for the Utes in that one. USC-Penn State in the Rose Bowl should be worth watching as well.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
There is something of interest to every one of the bcs bowls. I hope I get a chance to view each one including some of the other bowl games. Some great games are played by some teams this time of year, I hope I get to see them. I think the best game will be played 01.08.09 and the best team will win, The other games will just be warm-ups.

I will watch The texas game and Maybe some of the bama game only because its SEC football...The Best bowl (other than the Florida OU game) will in fact not even be a BCS bowl game its the cotton bowl ole miss and Texas tech!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema