• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

wheres the passing game?

wheres the big points? i know our offense is better then this

arkansas knows how to put up some points we better get our sh*t together

i cant tell you how frustrated i was last night watching run after run

mjfan23

VIP Member
Thats how its been all year, i dont get it either. Its almost like this team is scared to open it up.

I'm really hoping the return of Thompson will open things up a little.

Thats how its been all year, i dont get it either. Its almost like this team is scared to open it up.

I'm really hoping the return of Thompson will open things up a little.
i thought thompson played last night

but really if it wasnt for cooper getting away with that hold to get that TD the game could of went alot different :no:

ive been saying out WR core is suspect all season but i had no idea we would be running so damn much

mjfan23

VIP Member
Thompson did play, its time he gets going tho.

As for the game, I thought the game was dominated more so than the score showed. Florida missed a bunch of opportunities on lsu's side of the field.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
After reading a few articles, it seems like our passing game was intentionally underused against LSU. First of all, our running game was moving the ball just fine (although in the red zone, things sputtered a bit). Also, the biggest concern for Tebow was his sitting in the pocket - he can't brace for a big hit like he could if he were running the ball. Finally, I don't think Thompson was at 100%.

But I agree, I still want to see a better passing game.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Not only are we lacking a passing attack, we are only running two plays 99% of the time--dive and basic option. Hey, if it wins games, I won't complain much. They need to win on Saturday, since I will be at that game.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Receiver crop isn't that good though mainly because of draft, transfer, and mainly injuries. You can have Peyton Manning it wouldn't make much of a difference. Cooper is OK but wish he was better, Nelson isn't a speed guy, Thompson same as Cooper though he also had injury issues.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Not only are we lacking a passing attack, we are only running two plays 99% of the time--dive and basic option. Hey, if it wins games, I won't complain much. They need to win on Saturday, since I will be at that game.

Same here as well. As long as we get the "W", when all is said and done that's what really counts in the end.

Considering Tebow wasn't 100%, it was understandable.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Same here as well. As long as we get the "W", when all is said and done that's what really counts in the end.

Considering Tebow wasn't 100%, it was understandable.

Heck, if we only run two plays 99% of the rest of the season up to Atlanta and keep winning that would be awesome! Think about the statement it makes, "Not only are we going to run up the middle, we are going to tell you that we are going to run up the middle, and there is nothing you can do to stop it! Nyah!" I do think we will have to open up the playbook to page 2 in order to beat Alabama in Atlanta. We will need to throw on Alabama in order to keep that dive play honest.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
51073h.gif

You would think we weren't undefeated and ranked number one in the nation with the best running game and defense in the country, and coming off the biggest win of the season in what is probably going to be the thoughest game of the regular season, with the best coaching staff in the land and one of the greatest college football players of all time running the show and coming off two national titles in 3 season with a good chance of making it 3 for 4.

Am I on the wrong board? Did I enter a Georgia forum or something?:mad0235:

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I wholeheartedly agree w/ you lbg. I think you may be wrong though about it being our toughest game of the season..... bama will probably fit that bill...... Ok, OK, post season. (just re-read your post) Damn, now I gotta agree with you completely!
icon10.gif

51073h.gif

You would think we weren't undefeated and ranked number one in the nation with the best running game and defense in the country, and coming off the biggest win of the season in what is probably going to be the thoughest game of the regular season, with the best coaching staff in the land and one of the greatest college football players of all time running the show and coming off two national titles in 3 season with a good chance of making it 3 for 4.

you'll see you need balance to win a championship and its looking like we dont have that

hopefully im wrong tho and suddenly in game we can actually go deep a few times against a respectable defense

SoCAl-Gator

Gator Fan
51073h.gif

Well said. :punk:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
you'll see you need balance to win a championship and its looking like we dont have that

hopefully im wrong tho and suddenly in game we can actually go deep a few times against a respectable defense

We had deficiencies back in 2006 and a conservative offense that everybody was whining about back then, but we still managed to win the National Championship.

If Urban Meyer didn't know what he was doing, we wouldn't have won that game on Saturday - food for thought.

we actually had pretty good WR's in 06(baker, caldwell, murphy, harvin,)and we werent all rushing in big games(we had alot toughter shcedule in 06 too)

im just saying i hope we can open up a passing game on a good defense when we need to

OldCityGator

Gator Fan
I think they should have ran Moody more. That kid was running hard when given the chance.

They pretty much had Demps sniffed out, except for that one play where he got loose for a nice gain.

They had better be ready this weekend. The Hogs can put up some points in a hurry. I think our D will chase him around all night, and hopefully force him into so bad throws.

Old City Gator

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Our running game (with Tebow), defense, and special teams will give us a great chance to repeat as SEC and BCS champions. However, having a nice passing game is pretty nice, don't you think?

How many of you are confident that the current status of our passing game is fine and dandy? Look, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying there's room for improvement. It would be nice to go undefeated this season, right? And having a good passing game improves those chances, right?

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Moore probably gone for the season

by Robbie Andreu
After emerging as a go-to guy in the spring, it appeared former junior college wide receiver Carl Moore was headed for a breakout season in 2009. Now, it looks like he’s not going to play at all.
The senior has been battling a lower back issue that required surgery and he appears headed for a redshirt season.
“I’m worried,” UF coach Urban Meyer said at his Monday press conference. “He does have a redshirt available. He’s getting better. His attitude is tremendous. But I’m worried. There’s a chance a redshirt (for him) will show up here in the next two or three weeks.”
The Gators certainly have missed Moore and true freshman wide receiver Andre Debose, who is out for the year after having surgery on his hamstring. The absence of Moore and Debose has left the Gators somewhat short-handed at wide receiver, an area where Florida is not getting a whole lot of production.
But Meyer said Monday that redshirt freshmen Omarius Hines, T.J. Lawrence and Frankie Hammond Jr. are continuing to make progress and will have a chance to help out at some point in the season. The question is when?
Other than senior Riley Cooper, the wide receivers have not been much of a factor through the first five games.
ORIGIN....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema