• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What if: Petrino replaced Zook

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I decided to this just for fun and feel free to comment.

Pro: IF Bobby Petrino replaced Ron Zook, I believe Chris Leak and a few of his receivers (Dallas Baker, Andre Caldwell) would have been All-Americans (especially with Petrino's system) and the defense would been as good and I think the Gators would have won the SEC titles in 2005 and 2006 plus the National title in 2006 blowing out TOSU more than 27 points. Heck I think it would have been an undefeated season in 2006.

Cons: NO TIM TEBOW though he still would have consider the Gators in his top five (Michigan and Southern Cal had pro style offenses themselves at that time). Petrino rubs Tebow the wrong way and he ends up in Bama where he leads them to back to back titles in 2008 and 2009. Plus I sure Arthur Blank if hired Petrino what he did in Louisville that year, he would have hired after winning the title in 2006, so Petrino takes the Atlanta Falcons job like he did. Note it's diffcult to determine what would have to the Gators after 2006 if Petrino replace Zook and took the Falcons. Maybe better because I sure the Gators would have hired a much better coach than Steve Kragthrope, who replace Petrino in Louisville. Also don't know from Meyer's 2005 and 2006 recruiting class would have came to UF if Petrino was there. I'm thinking no for Tebow and Spikes.

Mixed: NO NICK SABAN IN BAMA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema