• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Well, this TEARS it..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Now, as for this whole longtime open-wound regarding 1984-season, our treatment in general over the years and the degree to which our assent was in SPITE of the NCAA's attitude and outright hostility to our program over that same period, and especially how it has always (and now more than ever, it seems) can be contrasted with the corrupt, nepotistic forces at work within and without that "hallowed institution" (in truth, bunch of self-serving, self-aggrandizing mediocrities), so obvious in the kinds of things our cross-state rivals continue to get whitewashed and swept away, well, don't get me started: I'd hoped the worst was past, and that these "beneficiaries of old-boy-network corruption", like (in our state, but hardly alone) Miami and FSU, would finally have to face SOME consequence for WAY over-the-top "violations" (did the word ever have more literal applications than in these respective cases, the last few years?), but I guess I should have known better. The day is coming, though, when their irrelevance at least makes them a hindrance to progress and profits--and on that day, hopefully, our school, far from alone, will lead the coming exodus of major college programs who just up and walk away, leaving them to "regulate the crumbs".

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema