• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 9: #10 Florida 41, Missouri 17 - 10/31/2020

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And now, in Trey Dean (injured) and Carter (ejected) we are down ANOTHER two starting defenders—on a squad already WAY down, with fewer available coming IN than were already “NOT AVAILABLE” a as t that point. That defense is and will be more depleted than ever against Georgia—and yet they are playing their best D BY FAR right now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like to see us be able to run the ball a bit more consistently, as I’ve said before:
NOW, this very situation is exactly the kind that I could see might face us—and here we are. THAT would take some pressure OFF our defense, and enhance our chance of shortening the rest of this game and getting outta here with a comfortable win.
As it is, I figure we’ll need another score or two to put this one away—where it SHOULD be “there” already.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can’t help but notice I am UTTERLY ALONE here tonight. Too bad:
This Gator D has begun to assert itself, responded at last to all our questions and bewildered blandishments.
And Toney too has taken another step, seemingly found a coupla moves and an extra gear. All in all, if these turn out to be consistent additions in our evolutionary growth, then perhaps we CAN still achieve some things this season after all—but NEXT week’s game was gonna be a challenge REGARDLESS, and NOW, with MORE losses (especially on defense), who knows? I’m far from confident, but after seeing the improvement in our D THIS time, DESPITE all the apparent set backs, well, let’s wait and SEE.
I hope my few “brothers in arms” here are watching, or at least WILL watch the game replay; as it turns out, it IS a satisfying, even REASSURING experience after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Would have LIKED to see us keep their offense off the scoreboard (only that fluky pick-6 in the first half), it it LOOKS like they will finally get some points here in the 4th quarter—as they line up for (and make) the fg. BUT it took them all the way to well-into-the-fourth to score their first 3 points on offense—and if we can do THAT consistently we’ll be fine after all, I think! 34-to-10 with a little over 10 minutes left SHOULD at least give us a small ray, a SLIVER of HOPE as we turn towards the Cocktail Party.
Unfortunately, we’ll NOW be going in with even FEWER of our best players, thanks to that weak and ineffective officiating crew leaving our QB unprotected—THAT’S what led to that melee at the half, which in turn led to the ejections.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good news, they won. Bad News, is how many players will be suspended? Also, Mullen should tune it down a little.
Agreed—but believe me: His players see that and LOVE HIM FOR IT!
And meanwhile, the officials weren’t doing the SLIGHTEST THING to protect our QB-One—so of COURSE Coach was livid, felt he HAD to say (and DO) something...and BOY! Did he!
Yeah, he prob went a little further than he meant to (as indicated by his post-half AND postgame comments, where he toned down/revised his “description-of-intent”), AND it WILL now no doubt adversely affect our onfield strength against UGA next Saturday, but did you hear Trask’s reaction about what ensued in the locker room? Unlike the SEC commentators, did y’all LISTEN to what he in fact SAID??! It sure SOUNDS as if it had a real POSITIVE EFFECT on the TEAM AT LARGE AS A TEAM!
And that’s huge. Do NOT underestimate the power of that kind of “coming together” of “team energy”...I don’t KNOW if it can outweigh more personnel losses, but that very kind of “EMOTIONAL UNITY” has propelled us forward ftom ADVERSITY in the PAST:
Remember “The Promise”?
And THAT was from a LOSS: This time we went on to WIN—BIG time.
Depending on what happens next, it may be too much to overcome, at least as far as beating UGA in our likely state next Saturday—But in the long run, it MIGHT JUST one day be looked upon as another “TURNING POINT”.
And I think we needed SOMETHING, something LIKE it to finally JUMPSTART what was getting-to-be a “well-stocked, well-COACHED squad” that just didn’t, COULDN’T put it all together”!
Well, now perhaps we can, and WILL.
In spite of myself, and after reaching a certain “low mark in my level-of-HOPE” in the first half yesterday against Mizzou, I finally feel a REVERSAL NOW: Sure, I can’t say I EXPECT to win in Jacksonville now—but I’m at least excited going INTO it...And (even depleted) give us a “FIGHTIN’ CHANCE”!
“And I WON’T . BACK . DOWN .”

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Florida Gators steamrolled the Missouri Tigers 41-17. I should have gone with the analytics and stuck with my 45-33 prediction. I threw out my model's predictions and went with 21-20 because I thought COVID would affect the model, but it appears COVID actually does not affect the model. By most counts the Gators are #2 in offensive efficiency behind Alabama.
2020-10-31 21-51-22 UF vs Mizzou.png

The Gator possessions were actually quite impressive, as they scored on 7 of 14 possessions.
  1. 11 plays, 72 yards, 4:28, 3 points
  2. 6 plays, 66 yards, 2:09, 3 points
  3. 5 plays 22 yards, 2:32, interception (returned for Missouri TD)
  4. 3 plays, 7 yards, 1:51, punt
  5. 4 plays, 11 yards, 2:25, punt
  6. 6 plays, 74 yards, 2:10, touchdown
  7. 1 play (after fumble recovery), 30 yards, 0:07, touchdown
  8. 4 plays, 18 yards, 0:35, end of half
  9. 8 plays, 75 yards, 4:24, touchdown
  10. 3 plays, 0 yards, 0:28, punt
  11. 10 plays, 50 yards, 5:46, touchdown
  12. 6 plays, 75 yards, 3:06, touchdown
  13. 5 plays, 20 yards, 2:32, fumble
  14. 1 play, -2 yards, 0:27, end of game

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Florida Gators steamrolled the Missouri Tigers 41-17. I should have gone with the analytics and stuck with my 45-33 prediction. I threw out my model's predictions and went with 21-20 because I thought COVID would affect the model, but it appears COVID actually does not affect the model. By most counts the Gators are #2 in offensive efficiency behind Alabama.
View attachment 539

The Gator possessions were actually quite impressive, as they scored on 7 of 14 possessions.
  1. 11 plays, 72 yards, 4:28, 3 points
  2. 6 plays, 66 yards, 2:09, 3 points
  3. 5 plays 22 yards, 2:32, interception (returned for Missouri TD)
  4. 3 plays, 7 yards, 1:51, punt
  5. 4 plays, 11 yards, 2:25, punt
  6. 6 plays, 74 yards, 2:10, touchdown
  7. 1 play (after fumble recovery), 30 yards, 0:07, touchdown
  8. 4 plays, 18 yards, 0:35, end of half
  9. 8 plays, 75 yards, 4:24, touchdown
  10. 3 plays, 0 yards, 0:28, punt
  11. 10 plays, 50 yards, 5:46, touchdown
  12. 6 plays, 75 yards, 3:06, touchdown
  13. 5 plays, 20 yards, 2:32, fumble
  14. 1 play, -2 yards, 0:27, end of game
Wow. No longer a betting man, if I were I’d probably have (privately) asked for your ELECTION analysis, E-!
But didn’t, and WON’T...
I just wish us all good luck, and propose that we NOT behave foolishly—most of all that we not turn on each other over politics and/or POLITICIANS: NOTHING seems dumber than THAT!
(Sorry: It is Election night and, though I am meticulously avoiding coverage, it is still on my mind.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema