• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 11: #6 Florida Gators 63, Arkansas Razorbacks 35 - 11/14/2020

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks missed the open guy on that last play, thank god. THAT is more like the Filipe Franks we remember.
Let’s get our RUNNING game going!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We DO keep moving the ball on this defense of theirs, at least.
3rd and 5 at the 30: GOTTA MAKE THIS
—Does!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THERE IT IS! Touchdown Gators!
We still don’t have the big “line up and pound on ‘em” running game, but we DO have have Kyle Trask and a BUNCH of open-field-playmakers!
14-7 Gators.
Now we gotta start banging Franks around—force him into errors, a fumble or a pick-SIX!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Main thing is to just begin to DISMANTLE this offense of theirs in general...SHOOT: Yeah, he stepped out—but he still got a good run back thanks to ANOTHER officials-missed-it call: CLEAR HOLDING non-call sprung him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Filipe still overthrowing his receivers about half the time (or MORE).
Now the CROWD starting to take a hand—in classic Swamp fashion!
OK. Forced 4th down again.
Time for this Gator offense to do its thing. Yes, we’d probably be CRUISING with Pitts in there, but I have a feeling we are MORE than capable of doing similar damage on the scoreboard in the long run, provided our defense continues to assert itself. We drive for another score here and I may be able to at least BEGIN to relax.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That’s NOT how to start it...but this 10 yard pass is.
Now the long one off the flea flicker.
NOW the throw to the endzone—TOUCHDOWN!
NOW we are beginning to assert ourselves. But what did GRIMES DO to incur the 15 yard “Unsportsmanlike Conduct” penalty???—“to be applied before the kickoff”...stupid. We got a touchdown, for crying out loud; let THEM make those kind of dumbass mistakes.
Time for MacPhearson to uncork a BIG ONE here..

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He did not—but a holding call on THEIR part undid a lot of the great field position.
Aw SHIT!!! Runner breaks free on first play from scrimmage. What is WRONG with our defense??!
Looks like we are gonna have to keep OUTSCORING them here, damnit.
In fact, I have now seen enough to know (and SAY) that we are NOT “an elite, Championship-contending team as of yet: We don’t have the defense for it!
While it is true that you must have at least a GOOD quarteback, efficient high-scoring offense to contend for Championships in modern Major College Football. You also must have at LEAST a COMPETITIVE defense—one that can rise to the occasion when called upon...can avoid the sudden breakdown that composure, technique and steady play will help you make sure you avoid.
We can SCORE (practically at will: Just DID—AGAIN!), but we almost HAVE to, it seems. That must change if we are to even have a CHANCE at making good the promise we have staked ourselves to THIS season—but damn well may WASTE this amazing season of our “Kyle’s”, BOTH of them so far this year.
Sack! So if we can score ANOTHER ONE HERE, get to the half with a 3 score lead we JUST might be alright in this one after all...Grantham DOES have a good record at ADAPTING to what he’s seen in the FIRST half.
Dropped pass. The only way we can be stopped here so far. Strike to Toney!
First down on a long third down throw.
I’m telling you: We score here, then get out of the half with the 3-score lead and they’ll have to take chances from the START to try and catch up—Dangerous—for them as WELL as us!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Looking good. Trask is 18/22 285 YD 5 TD. Franks is 6/8 102 YD 1 TD.

Dan Mullen and Brian Johnson saw Arkansas come out in a zone defense and decided to run the ball until they dropped a man out of the box. Arkansas was able to gash the Gator secondary early, but they made adjustments. Arkansas matched the adjustments by shifting back to the ground attack.

Reminder that Arkansas was down at the half against Tennessee, and that Florida tends to get lazy in the 3rd quarter.
01E4B642-8E17-4810-8F71-2B6CB57DF273.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Touchdown to Pitts-replacement Zipperer! We CAN outscore these guys!
FIVE touchdown passes for Trask in the first HALF!
But I STILL wanna see Franks beaten down—see him STOPPED in the 2nd half. To be honest, I made what excuses I could for him, our of Gator loyalty, but I never liked or APPROVED of his thin-skinned reaction to/interaction WITH the Swamp Crowd last coupla seasons he was here. Then came that hidious injury and I THOUGHT that no matter what, he wouldn’t be OUR problem anymore...I mean, I felt bad for a Gator player, one we were DEPENDING ON, getting so badly BENT that way...and wished him well wherever he landed. But that ain’t the situation anymore. And while OUR guys, Coaches and former-teammates said “all the right things” in days leading UP to this one, I didn’t hear any gracious humility coming from Franks. And that would FIT with this kid’s self-centered narcissism. So let’s just finish the beat down in proper fashion and get to the rest of our season. THEY can get to their .500 record and bask in their fan base’s relief-at-mediocrity; WE can, and if we keep at this (with Pitts BACK PLUS a hopefully “IMPROVING DEFENSE”), we WILL “Win-OUT” and face Alabama HEALTHY in the SEC Championship Game—with a real chance at beating them in a shoot out!
A LOT will depend on what I see in this second half though:
This team still has some questions to answer. WILL Grantham’s D get pressure on Franks, will he indeed have some answers, see them adapt and conquer the errors and screw-ups we saw in the FIRST? We MUST keep going on offense this time—NOT expect to get away with “flipping the switch” to “cruise control”, then think we can “flip it BACK ON” when they come storming back...That damn well CANNOT HAPPEN:
We need to KEEP ON GOING WITHOUT LOOKING BACK!
Given our undependable defense, especially LATE (worst, most egregious example: our only LOSS!), AND what we saw AT LEAST TWICE IN THE FIRST HALF, only our efficient and prodigious quarterback and his offense can be fully relied upon. So here we go:
It BEGINS with this Arkansas possession.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit! We are letting them run their scripted series again. Let’s get AFTER them NOW! We will TIRE otherwise!!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Arkansas is a third-quarter team. They scored 28 against Tennessee after being down 0-13 at the half, and they won 28-13. Florida tends to cruise in the 3rd quarter, so I expect this to get a little closer until after we sing “We Are the Boys”.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another key “false start”...
Damn! They are in our Red zone. This is EXACTLY what we COULDN’T afford.
What has happened to the Florida D?
I continue to leak confidence in Grantham. I DIDN’T join in the cry for his scalp at the START of the season—not even after the A&M loss...but the “slight leak” returned in the first half here—and us coming out and surrendering THAT drive threatens to turn it into a HEMORRHAGE!
Now we HAVE TO drive and score again.
It is the ONLY way we can guarantee a win here now. This is looking more and more like the A&M game, where we just couldn’t STOP THEM in the 2nd half.
We DAMN WELL better eliminate thst as even a THREAT from here.
I THOUGHT we had them under control by the 2nd quarter, but apparently NOT.
Here’s a key 2nd and 9. And they sack Trask. Oh oh. Unless we can pull something out of a hat here, we will be DEPENDING on our Defense to hold them...In other words, we are in trouble.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK: This is the key possession.
Either we stop them NOW, and then reassert our dominance, or we’ll be holding on by our fingernails (and likely lose another “woulda/shoulda/coulda” game).
This is EXACTLY “THAT MOMENT”:
When we either “turned it around, went on to win and save our season, or let “the other guy” BEAT US!
I am HATING this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So far, they’ve adjusted better than WE did in the 2nd half.
We MUST score here now.
Drive and score, while our defense rests.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Near red zone again...But we STILL don’t have much of a run game...but first down to Toney at the 15. Run for 5.
I don’t know about this bringing Emory Jones in here—but he gets the first down at the 1–then scores!
Well. If Franks is OUT (which I DOUBT: He will almost CERTAINLY come back and TRY TO GO. (Meanwhile, they are reviewing the TD call...It stands!)...but if and when Franks does eventually stay out of this game, then it is likely over after all. So that is a big deal—but NOT one that the Gator Defense can count on.
I expect him back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah—he’s out there and getting ready to return. But we have a CHANCE here now to get this game back under control. A turnover would help.
Damn, here we go again. Our defense just cannot get it DONE.
3rd and 5: BIG play... ANOTHER LB down! I just can’t STAND this: We need to get healthy and DEEPER!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes! Big sack! Alright: One more drive, score AGAIN in the early 4th, and MAYBE we (the fans) can relax, let THEM do the worrying rest of the way—maybe finally get a turnover!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Even WITH our inconsistent defense, without their letdowns we’d be slaughtering this Razorbacks team.
SUCH a shame not having just a LITTLE MORE efficient D: If we DID, we’d BE “one of THOSE teams”!
As it is, a few more big stops by that D and we can put this one away.
Nice try on the trick play on the throw from former-qb Tomey!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema