• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wasn't all bad news

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Besides the Noles nearly losing to Samford. John Oliver wore a Gators visor on his show.

Tune in to the last two minutes when he puts the visor on (and put it on mute if you want).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Besides the Noles nearly losing to Samford. John Oliver wore a Gators visor on his show.

Tune in to the last two minutes when he puts the visor on (and put it on mute if you want).
The mute button recommendation was a nice touch (lol)...
We'll put this one behind us quickly, I think; we'll grow, get better, gain cohesion and experience...FSU will tend to lose more than they gain from here onward: Not even worth worrying about now, but when the time comes, if we need a "finishing touch" on what is by then a potential net-improvement on what turns out to be "a season of promise", I can see them turning out to be the perfect, vulnerable-but-meaningful opponent to end our regular season.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The mute button recommendation was a nice touch (lol)...
We'll put this one behind us quickly, I think; we'll grow, get better, gain cohesion and experience...FSU will tend to lose more than they gain from here onward: Not even worth worrying about now, but when the time comes, if we need a "finishing touch" on what is by then a potential net-improvement on what turns out to be "a season of promise", I can see them turning out to be the perfect, vulnerable-but-meaningful opponent to end our regular season.

Wanted to avoid going political with the mute button suggestion because I don't know what people's views are.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wanted to avoid going political with the mute button suggestion because I don't know what people's views are.
I figured that...and I understand--thoughtfull, really, in a time where from the macro (national, factional) down to the micro (personal, one-on-one) level widespread divisions now exist and fractures quickly reveal and open on the spot over small incidents and comments.
It's a shame that hair trigger emotional reactions now lie just below the surface in any public discourse. None of us wishes to needlessly start that sort of thing among us here--not where we are otherwise more or less a "brotherhood" currently in mutual support in a difficult time.
On the other hand, perhaps this is as good a time and place as any to reinforce the strength of that bond--and at least agree that though we are different people who come from different backgrounds with different ideas, have varied histories and life experiences, as Gators ALL, we share a loyalty and, yes, love that lets us set all the rest aside, puts it in perspective and transcends all else. I discovered much the same for the first time when I joined the military as a teenager--then, having come to think I had left it behind, lost it for good anywhere else, REdiscovered something like it when I became a Gator, and it only grew from there.
And anyway, personally, though I hold my own opinions and ethics concerning citizenship, patriotism and politics pretty strongly and close to my heart, I do not begrudge ANYONE'S own right to theirs (as Thomas Paine put it, "I may disagree strongly with you, sir--but I will defend to the death your right to SAY it!")...Even conflict in discussion doesn't often worry or discomfort me...It is more certain individuals' compunction to rant, preach or otherwise try to ram their opinions down others' throats that tends to irritate me. Beyond all that, a sense of humor and a good heart are what I look for and value in those I encounter.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
As soon as I saw John Oliver, I stopped reading and scrolled to the bottom for this comment.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema