• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Volunteers vs. Gators - Official Game Thread

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Not only does it explain our shitty performance, it also exposes how shallow we are in depth at receiver, and weaknesses in plays for our running backs. I really did not like how we kept running that dive play. I was using that game to teach the kids the finer points of football, and even they were beginning to predict the next play.

ShortBus

VIP Member
i'm just glad we were able to grind out a win, even with our not so best football performance. you have to remember a lot of teams don't have much depth at receiver. and when our three top receivers (hernandez, coop, and thompson) beleaguered with injuries/sickness it will put a dampening on your game, especially when you try to keep playing two of them. I just hope we're healthy this coming saturday for Kentucky so we can make it to the off weak.

Kentucky didn't look GREAT against louisville, but it was one hell of a game, and their players were able to step up and make plays when they needed them. I'm not *worried* about kentucky. I'm worried we won't be *healthy* for kentucky. Although I feel if we beat UT like this we should still be able to steam roll UK.

ShortBus

VIP Member
Oh and people still think the Gators are the team to beat, 55 of 60 #1 AP votes and a unanimous #1 in the coaches poll.

Of course it helped BYU and USC fell and Texas had a close game with their rival Texas Tech.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Our defense has always been weak against power running and quick passes like slants. Tennesse was able to use the power run game against us, but we did adjust, and it's not the defense I am worried about.

The offense is not playing with that fire we had after the Ole Miss loss last year. We need that fire in order to be explosive. And all those dive plays only work when we run options and deep passes off of the fakes... we didn't go very deep, I know we didn't have Thompson, and Hernandez and Coop weren't feeling great, but our deep passes off of the fake dive is a necessity in our offense. And I think LBG will agree with me here: We needed more Moody (especially knowing that Demps was sick). Moody was doing good on the few touches he got (3 carries for 33 yards).

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Had Tebow not coughed up the ball in the 3rd quarter with that fumble, we would have had 7 more points on the board. Momentum was definintely swinging in our direction up to that point.

Though Deonte Thompson was out of the lineup, there was still no excuse for Tebow to not spread the ball around. He still had David Nelson and Aaron Hernandez as targets besides Riley Cooper. Frankie Hammond proved that he can be a playmaker this past spring, but didn't get hardly any playing time. As far as the one who made a comment about our running game, that's pretty much what drove our offense on Saturday.

My biggest issue was with the officiating, though. Penn Wagers let UcheaT get away with four major penalties - he overlooked two facemask calls, an unsportsmanlike conduct and should have called Crompton for intentional grounding just like he had nailed Tebow earlier on. Besides the fact that CBS' Gary Danielson and "Lardass" Lundquist were clearly supporting the darkside instead of being impartial, those missed calls really set me off.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
Had Tebow not coughed up the ball in the 3rd quarter with that fumble, we would have had 7 more points on the board. Momentum was definintely swinging in our direction up to that point.

Though Deonte Thompson was out of the lineup, there was still no excuse for Tebow to not spread the ball around. He still had David Nelson and Aaron Hernandez as targets besides Riley Cooper. Frankie Hammond proved that he can be a playmaker this past spring, but didn't get hardly any playing time. As far as the one who made a comment about our running game, that's pretty much what drove our offense on Saturday.

My biggest issue was with the officiating, though. Penn Wagers let UcheaT get away with four major penalties - he overlooked two facemask calls, an unsportsmanlike conduct and should have called Crompton for intentional grounding just like he had nailed Tebow earlier on. Besides the fact that CBS' Gary Danielson and "Lardass" Lundquist were clearly supporting the darkside instead of being impartial, those missed calls really set me off.

really i dont see how the news caster were partial to Tennessee, i think they were exactly opposite....they called out the ref on that intentional grounding call or rather a lack there of against Crompton.......they have always been gator fans secretly hehe

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness

I agree that the officiating was horrendous, but overall the commentators did a decent job of pointing it out. I didn't really notice any bias in that aspect.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I agree that the officiating was horrendous, but overall the commentators did a decent job of pointing it out. I didn't really notice any bias in that aspect.

Neither did I. They particularly emphasized the two no calls regarding the celebration after a sack (in the 4th QTR) and Crompton's intentional grounding.

But to be fair, is it intentional grounding if the QB leaves the tackle box, but then steps back inside when he throws the ball away? If not, then maybe Crompton didn't commit intentional grounding as it seemed like he left the tackle box then moved back in right before he threw the ball away.

sbq80

VIP Member
Don't get me wrong I hate Tennessee, but when Kiffin was asked whether he was worried about the flu hitting Tennessee, Kiffin had this to say: "I don't know. I guess we'll wait and after we're not excited about a performance, we'll tell you everybody was sick."

That is classic! That has Spurrier written all over it. Still laughing at that today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema