• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

USF's admission standards

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
It's no secret that USF's admission standards are not to par with say UF or FSU. They enrolled athletes that both UF and FSU did not. USF has top tier talent that could be starting on the Gators, but the fact is these kids could not get their grades up.

What's your take on USF's admission standards? Are they too low? Should all state schools have the same standards?

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
If every school had the same standards there may be kids that can't get in and therefore they miss out on a higher education. Say for instance in high school a kid just slid through and didn't do the work to get good grades....well we all do stupid things and when you are young college is something way off in the future so you don't think about it until you are a senior or whatnot.

All kids deserve the chance to further their education. Now if they can't cut it once they are in college and can't do it with help then they don't deserve to be there or probably even want to be there.

We can't all be Albert Einstein.

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
They still meet the NCAA admission standards (although they are somewhat of a joke). So, I guess I don't have a problem with them accepting "rejects".

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
They still meet the NCAA admission standards (although they are somewhat of a joke). So, I guess I don't have a problem with them accepting "rejects".

As long as the student reaches NCAA minimum standards then they shouldn't be denied an opportunity to go to college, just as you said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema