• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF defensive tackle Torrey Davis cited for possession of alcohol

GAINESVILLE - Florida defensive tackle Torrey Davis has a Feb. 7 court date after being cited Jan. 19 for possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor, a misdemeanor.

Davis, 19, was spotted by Gainesville police holding a run and coke drink outside Venue, a nightclub on West University Avenue. The drink was identified by sight and smell, and Davis admitted to its contents when approached by police, according to police reports.

GPD officers cited at least 10 under-age drinkers in downtown Gainesville on the 19th.

Davis played 11 of 13 games last year as a true freshman, missing only contests with Mississippi and Florida Atlantic. He finished the season with eight tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble.

Davis could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-bk-torreydavis012908,0,7193159.story

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
And I thought only UGA had alcohol related problems, I hope it is a learning experience for him. I hate to see these guys get into trouble but it is nothing that most college students do but athletes need to be careful

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Hate to see players do stupid stuff like this. And yes it does happen all over colleges and mostly athletes are the only ones that get in major trouble for it. But I hope Meyer punishes him during the off season and he doesn't miss any games next season. Although missing the first game wouldn't matter that much. Meyer needs to make an example of one of these kids or else they will KEEP doing stupid chit like this.:hammer:

TNGator

Gator Fan
Stoooopid move.....dang it, it looks like every team in the SEC is going to continue to have off the field problems this year......hope Coach M gets a hand on it....

rawdog

VIP Member
Yes everyone in college drinks. I'm sure there are thousands of kids under 21 drinking in downtown Gville everynight. But athletes need to be more careful. They are targeted everywhere they go.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Stupid thing to have happen. I hope Urban Meyer's punishment is strict enough that this kid doesn't do something worse in the future.

preachinGator

VIP Member
One thing I have learned is that Coach loves his boys and correction will be administered. If I were a betting man I would bet it won't happen again.

Kevin

Gator Fan
GAINESVILLE - Florida defensive tackle Torrey Davis has a Feb. 7 court date after being cited Jan. 19 for possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor, a misdemeanor.

Davis, 19, was spotted by Gainesville police holding a run and coke drink outside Venue, a nightclub on West University Avenue. The drink was identified by sight and smell, and Davis admitted to its contents when approached by police, according to police reports.

GPD officers cited at least 10 under-age drinkers in downtown Gainesville on the 19th.

Davis played 11 of 13 games last year as a true freshman, missing only contests with Mississippi and Florida Atlantic. He finished the season with eight tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble.

Davis could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-bk-torreydavis012908,0,7193159.story
Oh my gosh! By the start of next season, every SEC team will have someone penalized due to some violation! Tenn lost their kicker for the first half of the season, LSU's Qb is in trouble. Gamecock news went out this morning all over USC that their WR (Dion Lecorn) had possession of marijuana, and on top of that we got a gator that's in trouble. Atheletes must be careful and one simple soulution is just not to drink or take drugs!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Based on what I've read and contrary to a lot of rumors saying otherwise, Torrey Davis is still part of the team, and according to reports is going to class and staying out of trouble. Coach Meyer must have have sat him down for a one-on-one session and told Davis to be on his guard and live right.

We had too many episodes of misbehavior from our guys this past season, but compared to the rest of the SEC this year they're keeping their noses clean so far - and I hope it stays this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeJaX