• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tim Tebow only 137 yards passing

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow only threw for 137 yards. Are the days of 300 yards passing over?

Does that bother you? Do you think the Gators are switching the way they'll play offense this year by running the ball a lot more?

Discuss.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I think that's part of the playbook Florida didn't use - all those passing schemes. I don't think the days of Tebow passing for 300 yards are over.

X

xLEGENDx 58

I agree with get the win, but to help out the OP we were up most of the game no need to pass when the run game looks thatDamn good!

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I think the Gators used the run all day since it was there and too see what the boys could do.

As all of you know, establish the run and then get pass happy.

I think we will see plenty of 300 yrd games from Mr. Tebow.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I care more about the win than Tebow's passing yardage. I am pleased that the Gators can win on the ground or in the air (now, just work on the penalties). I don't even care if he gets the Heisman again, but it would be nice. It seems as if only a few Heisman winners can avoid the Heisman curse in the NFL.

I would imagine that Tebow will get 300-yard passing days on some teams, but I doubt he will have too many pass-happy days unless the Gators fall behind (maybe LSU and Georgia).

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I wished he threw more however the running game was good and three touchdowns from the D and special teams. I think he might throw more especially with Harvin back and facing tougher D that won't allowed what Hawaii allowed. Also keep in mind Tebow only had three 300 or more passing yard games last year.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
No need to worry.

He will be fine.

Keep in mind that Meyer wasn't calling for him to throw that much, as the run was working so well. Plus, Meyer didn't want to show all his cards. Save the important plays for Miami and Tennessee and beyond. Not giving everything away is the smart move.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema